Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which club was it that made sure they drafted a couple of guys who were mates? There's wisdom in splitting a high pick to bring in multiple young guys who can grow and develop together, especially for a club like North who are always low, like worms.
Was it Lukosius and Rankine at the Suns?

Edit: Actually I think the Suns "reached" for Anderson to take him alongside Rowell.

Becoming an absolute joke.

The next AFLW season is supposed to start in August. Pre-season has to start in June for that to happen. Players have to take time off from their day jobs for that to happen. You wanna be the one telling your boss you need 6 months off starting next week? Or take time off without leave and then have no income and no footy while the bigwigs argue over minutiae?

That also means the trade period, expansion teams builds, free agency and the draft all needed to start like a month ago, but they can’t sign players because they don’t know what the salaries will be or the rules for building an expansion team, the compensation for the teams who get robbed, or really anything.

Now Livingstone is apparently off to commentate some swimming in Adelaide while the season is hanging in the balance and they have no CBA.

Load of absolute rubbish.

The sticking point now is apparently 10 rounds - players want 12 this year and to build on it next year and the year after. With 18 teams if that goes through is probably going to mean conferences. There’s no other way to do it…

Really really poor and more should be made of it. Should be in the main news cycle each day to build some pressure.

But the media would rather spend time arguing over whether dusty should have given a post match interview.

Becoming an absolute joke.

The next AFLW season is supposed to start in August. Pre-season has to start in June for that to happen. Players have to take time off from their day jobs for that to happen. You wanna be the one telling your boss you need 6 months off starting next week? Or take time off without leave and then have no income and no footy while the bigwigs argue over minutiae?

That also means the trade period, expansion teams builds, free agency and the draft all needed to start like a month ago, but they can’t sign players because they don’t know what the salaries will be or the rules for building an expansion team, the compensation for the teams who get robbed, or really anything.

Now Livingstone is apparently off to commentate some swimming in Adelaide while the season is hanging in the balance and they have no CBA.

Load of absolute rubbish.

The sticking point now is apparently 10 rounds - players want 12 this year and to build on it next year and the year after. With 18 teams if that goes through is probably going to mean conferences. There’s no other way to do it…
She has really jumped in the deep end here and treading water with the sink or swim approach to AFLW. Hope they can keep their heads above water and not drown under the pressure...

Was it Lukosius and Rankine at the Suns?

Edit: Actually I think the Suns "reached" for Anderson to take him alongside Rowell.
Nah, he was the second best that year

"Two weeks ago, I was right in the heart of the Golden State Warriors and they played in a playoff series against Denver and the strategy that went about trying to win the series and the buzz in the stadium, it was like 'God, I want to be back part of the cut and thrust, in the coalface'.

The buzz in the stadium....well he won't get that at GWS, that's for sure.

Down to 23 again and will have to use top ups to name a full squad. Pretty shit really

:think:

episode 19 tank GIF
happy bart simpson GIF
tank GIF

Masterful job by West Coast. :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dunno lol

it wasn't a mark though. only half watching.
If it's the same one yeah I agree.

But I have the VC on him in fantasy so shut up Beery it's a mark. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back