Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Not over yet, Schofield will be lucky to last 3 weeks, to be replaced by Knights who couldn't coach a country 2nds side.
4 Coaches in 1 year, new world record.
Won a VFL GF in 2012 so he probably could coach a country seconds side .
Things may have been different if they gave him the budget and assistant coaches Hird got rather than a bunch of rookies and $10 dollars.

Won a VFL GF in 2012 so he probably could coach a country seconds side .
Things may have been different if they gave him the budget and assistant coaches Hird got rather than a bunch of rookies and $10 dollars.
That VFL side was stacked. Knights could've had all the budget and assistants in the world, if you aren't going to listen to them then it makes no difference.

That VFL side was stacked. Knights could've had all the budget and assistants in the world, if you aren't going to listen to them then it makes no difference.
Stacked whacked . Plenty of coaches have had stacked sides and not won with them.
Knights had to go but you do not give a rookie coach a bunch of untried assistant coaches and expect it to work.

Untried assistants like Alan Richardson? You're making up stories ant.
No I am not. Hickmott . Campo . No budget. Richardson came in in 2008 . A year after Knights started and got moved on when Knights got the boot.
He came after they realised they needed some experience.
Like I said Knights had to go but they never gave him the football department budget and good assistant “ coach’s “ from the start.
Hickmott was one of the least inspirational VFL coaches I have ever heard .
They then gave Hird an open check book and we still got ****ed .

No I am not. Hickmott . Campo . No budget. Richardson came in in 2008 . A year after Knights started and got moved on when Knights got the boot.
He came after they realised they needed some experience.
Like I said Knights had to go but they never gave him the football department budget and good assistant “ coach’s “ from the start.
Hickmott was one of the least inspirational VFL coaches I have ever heard .
They then gave Hird an open check book and we still got ****ed .
They gave Hird a crazy meth addict.

They don't call him The Prince of Perth for nothing.
I can't believe it. To be a fly on the wall in there though.

As for Don Pyke....my god

Imagine getting sacked, then taken to a meeting to see off your co-workers and then as your boss is thanking you for your contributions he asks you to come in on the weekend to work..........
Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe it. To be a fly on the wall in there though.

Imagine getting sacked, then taken to a meeting to see off your co-workers and then as your boss is thanking you for your contributions he asks you to come in on the weekend to work..........
Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Man I now wish Pyke said "that'd be greaaaat"

Stacked whacked . Plenty of coaches have had stacked sides and not won with them.
Knights had to go but you do not give a rookie coach a bunch of untried assistant coaches and expect it to work.
to be fair, we did the opposite with james hird and then 34 players got doping bans so perhaps we were right the first time

What I find even more awkward is that Pyke was once a part of Simpson's own panel. Imagine the person you helped recruit, going away, then coming back after being sacked, and then sacking you...

As if sports journalism in this country isn't a steaming hotpile of sauce as it is, some media outlets are using Reid's name in that video when it clearly CLEARLY is Bailey Williams. Unless ive missed something, BW was one of the players backstabbing Simmo

I absolutely loved the whack Simpson gave the West Australian media in his press conference. Childish beyond belief in this country

Will Schofield, like Plutonium-239 should be taken in extremely small doses
That man thinks the absolute world of himself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back