Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t agree. He had multiple opponents.
He had two. Marchbank for the vast majority of it and Saad for parts, who is very undersized for him.

Like he's good. But he was playing on players most people would expect him to beat b

Where did I say that? Massive overreaction. I just said that his direct opponent for the majority of the game was a fringe AFL player.
Mate somehow me saying he hadn't proven anything 2 years ago turned into me saying he'd never been any good.

Good luck

It’s the best thing about this forum.

Thinking Tsatas could use a run in the VFL to try and improve his kicking after a few long term injuries = writing off his entire career apparently
I do think I've now got a bet about JUH not kicking 50 goals with someone on here.

So you’re denying you said it ?
Am I denying I said he was a trade bust?

100%

Is this the part where you gleefully misquote me again?

Last edited:
Geez that charlie cameron tackle getting three weeks blows my mind. Are the AFL suggesting you just don't take a player to ground at all now? There wasn't a slinging action, it wasn't the classic dumping/spear tackle (unlike his previous charge which he shouldve been suspended for). This was a one action, good hard front on tackle.

Am I denying I said he was a trade bust?

100%

Is this the part where you gleefully misquote me again?
If I could be ****ed finding it, I’d have a search. Anyway, the bloke is a ****ing gun, he’d walk into any side, the talent was painfully obvious from day one. Yes, I’ve been on his bandwagon from day one. You’ve taken every chance to bring him down . Love watching him go about his buisness, it’s ok, you can join in. It’s ok boncer34, you can be wrong once in your life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I could be ****ed finding it, I’d have a search. Anyway, the bloke is a ****ing gun, he’d walk into any side, the talent was painfully obvious from day one. Yes, I’ve been on his bandwagon from day one. You’ve taken every chance to bring him down . Love watching him go about his buisness, it’s ok, you can join in. It’s ok boncer34, you can be wrong once in your life.
I'm happy to admit he's been better than I thought he would be.

Are you happy to admit I never said he was a bust? Or are you unable to admit when you're wrong? :)

I'm happy to admit he's been better than I thought he would be.

Are you happy to admit I never said he was a bust? Or are you unable to admit when you're wrong? :)
If it wasn’t you , it was someone with a very similar username ! I think we can move on and both enjoy watching him. Naughton being out probably helped him on Saturday.

Magpies burnt on Schulz and Ginnivan future pick swaps

How fantastic is this? Because the Pies aren't as good as they thought they were, they may end up paying pick 4 equivalent (or higher) for Lachie Schulz.

And coming out behind on the pick swaps around the Ginnivan deal.. ie paying to give him away.

LOL, they thought it was their incredible spirit and culture. Turns out it was just plain old good luck! And now it's run out.

Magpies burnt on Schulz and Ginnivan future pick swaps

How fantastic is this? Because the Pies aren't as good as they thought they were, they may end up paying pick 4 equivalent (or higher) for Lachie Schulz.

And coming out behind on the pick swaps around the Ginnivan deal.. ie paying to give him away.

LOL, they thought it was their incredible spirit and culture. Turns out it was just plain old good luck! And now it's run out.

They've ****ed up so much in the last 5 years and they still won a flag because Daicos is a generational talent, they smashed the 2014 draft (De Goey, Moore, Maynard, Cox in rookie) and they are still benefiting from a rule that was changed the year after (just in time for us to get ****ed over by lol) in having Pendles (picked after Daisy) still be elite.

Great sides when flags but there won't be multiple flags for this Collingwood side as father time will finally best Pendlebury and they're going to move ahead with a mediocre midfield that should've had Callaghan and a top ten, maybe even top 5 pick from this year in it supporting Daicos.

But instead they salary dumped in the stupidest way possible and traded in a mediocre player which will waste years of Daicos' career.

Geez that charlie cameron tackle getting three weeks blows my mind. Are the AFL suggesting you just don't take a player to ground at all now? There wasn't a slinging action, it wasn't the classic dumping/spear tackle (unlike his previous charge which he shouldve been suspended for). This was a one action, good hard front on tackle.
It is simple. If the AFL give him 3 weeks and he gets off at the tribunal then the AFL can still say they have done all they can to prevent concussions . If it end up in court they now have an out .
I thought it was a good tackle and Duggan Turing in the tackle to try and break it caused them to fall . His momentum in turning his body along with Charlie’s momentum caused it .

The Toby Bedford one is the one that I'm annoyed got done.

I don't really see a way how either of them aren't banned, but both of them contain a feature that has stayed fairly consistent every since Trengrove was first suspended for one of these tackles over a decade ago: the umpire didn't blow for a free-kick. In Bedford's case, the umpire threw the ball straight up, thereby flowing into another thing the AFL doesn't get enough criticism for, how we get injured players off the ground is dreadful. In Cameron's case, the umpire called for the ball-up when the player's head hit the ground, this flows into the stupid thing about the HTB change from a few weeks ago, we've made it more likely a player suffers a serious arm injury by rewarding dangerous one-armed tackles, and umpires are still not actually calling for ball-ups before dangerous tackles happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back