Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched Curnow ‘goal keep’ in the last couple of minutes of that qtr to deny a hurried snap heading toward goal. We really need to take a leaf out of Carlton’s tactical book to fix the abysmal defensive structure last week. If we can’t release a defender to sit back in the goalsquare then maybe we should have one of our forwards there. I know Langford dropped back and got to some contests but having Caddy back there as well might’ve been sensible.

I’m horny , horny horny.
aroused meg ryan GIF

BZT moving to Curnow to let Aliir play loose changed the game. Not sure why they tried what they did first half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BZT moving to Curnow to let Aliir play loose changed the game. Not sure why they tried what they did first half.
It was really bizarre coaching by voss. He moved lewis young from forward line to play on rutogalea in 2nd half, this meant bzt and allir only had to worry about one tall forward. Aliir had a dirty first half but was marking everything by the end.

Epitome of a very, very good list but sh*t coach. Carlton have won most of their games this year on talent rather than system.
Not good, especially when missing key players through injury.
They'd surely wouldn't want to lose one of either Curnow or Cripps, cause they'd be royally screwed.

Too reliant on those two to fire, in particular Curnow. Has probably won them 70% of their games this year on his own, especially earlier in the year.

Carlton remind me of the Bulldogs circa 2008 - 2010. Not a bad side but lack the quality to go all the way.

Their top liners are up there with the best in the league, and they are spread throughout the field.

I still maintain no one can match them when they are on, but they just can't string quarters together

"Season done and dusted, Voss has to go. We have 2 to 3 years left in this window, and we can't throw it away. He is incompetent."

"Positives - didn’t waste my time going tonight (learnt a lot walking home in the rain after the doggies game)

Negatives - season over"

"I'm done 14 year membership ,hate to say it"

"The AFL cost us the win by making us play the last game in round 19 and the first game in round 20."

"Good news is we can go back to a default settings as supporters. That being this mob is a bog average list sprinkled with stars and hope is a four letter word.
These clowns are nowhere near it .

We buy the same shit every year and by 2025 north and Hawks will go past us."

Not certain what's more disappointing.

The umpires gifting them 80% of their score or

"The fact that we just rolled over and died. Again."

...sounds like some of us though, so...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back