Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing, just a random outburst from me.
steve carrell anchorman GIF by FirstAndMonday

Wonder if Merrett feels the same way about Essendon the way Petracca is feeling about Melbourne
Probably not as we are not a premiership side that is going backwards only three years after winning a flag and probably wasting a few years getting there .

Probably not as we are not a premiership side that is going backwards only three years after winning a flag and probably wasting a few years getting there .
Yep, it's normalised now for Zach to stand still and watch clubs fly by in both directions meaning each step forward the club takes, no matter how small, is seen as a really big deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, you wanna finish lower? Loser mentality.

When we've got a NGA prospect who we desperately don't want to use our actual first round pick on then yeah, finishing as low as possible is ideal. One game could be the difference between 11th and 13th. Loser mentality? I mean, I guess? I don't really care.

One pick higher in the draft isn't going to help us win a final

as above, it's more about finishing with a pick that doesn't get caught up a Kako bid. the lower the better. Maybe finishing 11th will be suitable. who knows.

When we've got a NGA prospect who we desperately don't want to use our actual first round pick on then yeah, finishing as low as possible is ideal. One game could be the difference between 11th and 13th. Loser mentality? I mean, I guess? I don't really care.

as above, it's more about finishing with a pick that doesn't get caught up a Kako bid. the lower the better. Maybe finishing 11th will be suitable. who knows.
Looking like Tigers will have the pick/s before us…do a bit of wink wink nudge nudge trading of our second for their 3rd rounders and we will be fine

Or if a bid does come there will be plenty of people offering us good deals for our pick

Assuming Collingwood lose today we want a draw next week between them to put both above us haha
if GC/Dees was a draw and then the Pies won today, and then the Dees defeated the Pies we could have gotten the most hilarious sequence of events and finished below all of them (and in a position closer to what our actual ladder position should be). alas we got the boring timeline

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back