Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly can't believe how that unfolded. Disgraceful umpiring. How can you:

1. Not see it? There were two umpires right there.
2. Not look at the replay and just retrospectively award the free to Adelaide? Is there a rule saying you can't do this?

Houston should get 6+ weeks.

Only seen a shitty twitter replay on the phone, but does Houston hit Rankin high or does he basically hit himself hard that he folds Rqnkin in half and Rankin smacks his head into Houston? And if it's the latter, does the AFL care about 'principle point of contact' or is it just if the hit leads to any kind of high impact?

Also, awesome comeback from the Saints

Only seen a shitty twitter replay on the phone, but does Houston hit Rankin high or does he basically hit himself hard that he folds Rqnkin in half and Rankin smacks his head into Houston? And if it's the latter, does the AFL care about 'principle point of contact' or is it just if the hit leads to any kind of high impact?

Also, awesome comeback from the Saints
High.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly can't believe how that unfolded. Disgraceful umpiring. How can you:

1. Not see it? There were two umpires right there.
2. Not look at the replay and just retrospectively award the free to Adelaide? Is there a rule saying you can't do this?

Houston should get 6+ weeks.
Re point 2, i’m pretty sure there actually was a a rule saying they can’t do that.

Re point 2, i’m pretty sure there actually was a a rule saying they can’t do that.
Okay then, how does such a rule exist?

Okay then, how does such a rule exist?
A few years ago players would frequently point to the big screen to argue they should/should not get a free kick. Umpire rebuttal was they can’t use the big screen to change decisions.

I can’t quote the laws of the game for it, I just know they can’t do it.

A few years ago players would frequently point to the big screen to argue they should/should not get a free kick. Umpire rebuttal was they can’t use the big screen to change decisions.

I can’t quote the laws of the game for it, I just know they can’t do it.
Anyone see how they arrived at the (correct) decision to award an out on the full in the last quarter of the Saints-Cats game? Had the sound down and 7 were going over replays, decision took a while but could've just been umps deliberating...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back