Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to put this head in front of everyone but does anyone ever seek out this twat’s half-arsed nonsense? If you do, why? And also, shame!

‘Click here for everything Damo’… ffs… next thing he’ll be signing footballs.View attachment 2032842
I read his stuff.
I also read the Tsatas thread on BigFooty so I guess I’m a masochist who likes to read stuff that makes me angry.

North scored 8% less than they did last year despite scoring a similar amount of points - WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem was their average SCORE AGAINST was 111 this year when it was 101 last year
The Ben McKay impact

Richmond official wooden spooners. It was only 5 years ago that West Coast and Richmond were both premiership contenders and now they've won successive spoons.

I feel like Collingwood is heading that way if they don't rebuild properly before Tassie comes in. Meanwhile Geelong have yet another top 4 finish.

I'm neither here nor there as a supporter, but plenty of others would have appreciated the opportunity to thank Dyson at a home game for his loyalty through the post-saga period. It's a cultural thing.

The argument about us being a mathematical possibility to play finals was a cop out IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm neither here nor there as a supporter, but plenty of others would have appreciated the opportunity to thank Dyson at a home game for his loyalty through the post-saga period. It's a cultural thing.

The argument about us being a mathematical possibility to play finals was a cop out IMO.
It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I think they made the right call, even if finals were a remote chance it says that no player is greater than the club.

It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I think they made the right call, even if finals were a remote chance it says that no player is greater than the club.
I see it as a missed opportunity to contribute to building the culture of the club by showing the fans and players they are loved and valued. Doesn't mean we won't delist non-performers. Instead it has made us seem cold and corporate IMO.

I see it as a missed opportunity to contribute to building the culture of the club by showing the fans and players they are loved and valued. Doesn't mean we won't delist non-performers. Instead it has made us seem cold and corporate IMO.
Nah unless it's a dead rubber you play your best side.

Imagine the melts if Heppell had a poor game, we only lost by a little and all the other results needed for us to make finals fell our way.

What’s the AFL equivalent of paying 40 million for Romelu Lukaku?

5 year contract for Sam Reid?

That's a tough one. Probably Fevola to Brisbane.

It's a particularly delicate situation because ADL has turned to Conte in the hope that after 2 years of arguments and tantrums there is a functioning system and team left behind for another coach to take advantage of and which will have Napoli firmly entrenched as a contender (as was the case at Juve and Inter). In theory it's a way of short circuiting the build that otherwise took Napoli years.

Or it turns our like Tottenham where instead of a glorious death you end up with a squad you don't really want and desperately in need of a coach as pragmatic as Ange, who won't bitch and moan too much. It's a bit easier in Italy where most teams play 3 at the back (as do most of the up and coming coaches). Of course Napoli won't have the money to reconstruct its squad like Tottenham had if it all fails.

Conte has been caricatured a bit too much. He's a great coach (as great as he is a difficult character) even if he currently feels a bit dated.

He's got enough credits to warrant some trust. He's a better than 50/50 chance to leave Napoli with a well oiled machine that should result in it continuing to be comfortably in the range of 4-6 on the table.

That's a tough one. Probably Fevola to Brisbane.

It's a particularly delicate situation because ADL has turned to Conte in the hope that after 2 years of arguments and tantrums there is a functioning system and team left behind for another coach to take advantage of and which will have Napoli firmly entrenched as a contender (as was the case at Juve and Inter). In theory it's a way of short circuiting the build that otherwise took Napoli years.

Or it turns our like Tottenham where instead of a glorious death you end up with a squad you don't really want and desperately in need of a coach as pragmatic as Ange, who won't bitch and moan too much. It's a bit easier in Italy where most teams play 3 at the back (as do most of the up and coming coaches). Of course Napoli won't have the money to reconstruct its squad like Tottenham had if it all fails.

Conte has been caricatured a bit too much. He's a great coach (as great as he is a difficult character) even if he currently feels a bit dated.

He's got enough credits to warrant some trust. He's a better than 50/50 chance to leave Napoli with a well oiled machine that should result in it continuing to be comfortably in the range of 4-6 on the table.

We will see. Seems a few too many combustible ego’s involved for it to work unless they jump out of the blocks and it immediately clicks.

Neres is a good signing but there is a fair chance now that they have bought Lukaku that Osimehn and Khvicha go and the cupboard is left bare. And if they struggle early doors it could blow up.

Last edited:
If finals were a mathematical chance and selection integrity is an actual thing, why the **** did they pick Sam Weideman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back