Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

The makeup of a good team is the ability to put up a brick wall while getting dominated.

I've seen Hawthorn do it a couple of times now.

They have speed across the ground and great kicking skills. Also a few that can take critical marks.
Now they have the Livewire Watson who's going to give us massive headaches over the next decade.

This finals series is starting to turn the corner.

A ripping game last night, bringing the finals ledger back to 2-3 in terms of good v shite games this year.

Now with Collingwood not making it, Carlton out and Hawthorn done, I can enjoy the remainder of the finals as an actual neutral!

With Battle and Barass coming in I’d imagine Sicily goes forward. They really missed a marking forward last night as Dear was quiet and Gunston did nothing first two and a bit quarters he was on. Lewis back next season but they need another tall.

Also have zero issues with Ken having a bit of a sledge after the game. Who cares if it is the coach. Ken gets flogged by most of his own supporters (and they have a reason) who cares if he gives a bit back to a young brash opposition player who likes to work in the social media space.

Couldn't score a goal to save themselves until the umpires stepped in. 7 of 11 goals from umpiring decisions.

Scoreboard 100% flattered the Hawks but it doesn't take away from their season.

Also have zero issues with Ken having a bit of a sledge after the game. Who cares if it is the coach. Ken gets flogged by most of his own supporters (and they have a reason) who cares if he gives a bit back to a young brash opposition player who likes to work in the social media space.
All he said was 'You're not flying'. That is quite restrained considering the highly punchable face that Ginnivan has.

Nah it was pissweak and poor sportsmanship, hence Ken’s apology in the press conference

Nah it was pissweak and poor sportsmanship, hence Ken’s apology in the press conference
Who cares. Have a look at us. Being nice and sportsman like has got us nowhere.

The makeup of a good team is the ability to put up a brick wall while getting dominated.

I've seen Hawthorn do it a couple of times now.

They have speed across the ground and great kicking skills. Also a few that can take critical marks.
Now they have the Livewire Watson who's going to give us massive headaches over the next decade.

I wonder how next year will go for the Hawks.

I could see them consolidating and the. Being top four.

Or I could see them falling g out of the eight due to a harder draw and some young guys getting ahead of themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares. Have a look at us. Being nice and sportsman like has got us nowhere.
It’s got most other teams somewhere. Your coach doing that gets you nowhere

I didn't realise Mitchell really was that much of a f-wit, even amongst his own
“Um … Was he well liked?”
Jordan Lewis takes a mighty long pause when asked that question about four-time Hawthorn premiership teammate Sam Mitchell.
“He was well respected in a sense. Everyone knew he wasn’t a lad. He was who he was. And he wasn’t trying to be anyone else. Everyone respected that …
“But he was an acquired taste.”
Another of the senior leaders in those premiership years reflects: “At times it was too brutal ... In those early days you were more likely to get pissed off with him than become a mate.”
The urban legend goes that barely any Hawks teammates went to Mitchell's wedding.
Alastair Clarkson gave him the biggest spray in history at half-time of the 2008 grand final.
One day he made Lance Franklin spew three times, and there were countless training track blow-ups.
Then, there was what he did after his twin daughters were born.

Can't believe the carry on about Hinkley. Maybe Jack needs to learn that If you play with fire, sometimes you're going to get burnt.

Sicily and Mitchell went into bat for him, fine, but it now should be done. The media are out of control on throwing things down our throats that don't really matter. The game was brilliant, don't get sucked into the by-play.

Can't believe the carry on about Hinkley. Maybe Jack needs to learn that If you play with fire, sometimes you're going to get burnt.

Sicily and Mitchell went into bat for him, fine, but it now should be done. The media are out of control on throwing things down our throats that don't really matter. The game was brilliant, don't get sucked into the by-play.
Not surprising from the media though. It's an investment in audience to create rivalry.

Two ways you can handle the Hawks fast game. Match them on the inside and have some intercept marking Power.
Burgoyne was a masterstroke sweeping off half back and Rioli was class every time he touched it.

Port should have won by more in the end and Hawks didn't handle Ports finals like pressure well. Port tactically smashed them.

sports media in this country is pathetic, have you not noticed or realised the "by play" is (apparently) more interesting than the cracking game of footy we witnessed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back