Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of love for Joe, I can’t really get around it.

All about how “he’s walked out on a huge contract” like it’s totally selfless.

I mean, they pay him for a reason. He is part of the team and they need him to be at their best.

What is wrong with, ya know, fulfilling the contract you signed?

They’ve got a flag to win next year, just like many other clubs.

Brisbane will be absolutely spewing. Loved walking out on a contract.
It is a job for him Bunk. Like anyone in any job, he doesn't have to be there if he doesn't want to be there. He gets to set his own agenda, not us or the football club.

It would probably be worse if he stayed and his heart was not in it.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10...t-in-replacing-mark-robinson-on-afl-360/SEN’s

SEN’s Garry Lyon has confirmed he’s considering joining Fox Sports’ AFL 360 as Mark Robinson’s replacement.
Lyon emerged as the frontrunner to replace Robinson alongside fellow SEN colleague Gerard Whateley.

Robinson was told he will not be continuing in the role from 2025 onwards.

Lyon – who already works for Fox’s On the Couch program on a Monday night – says he doesn’t think he could work on both shows on top of his commitments with SEN.

Responding to the reports on SEN Breakfast on Wednesday morning, Lyon confirmed that Fox has reached out to him to consider the move that would see Lyon work alongside Whateley on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

“It’s in negotiations at the moment,” Lyon said.

“I’m having a think about it, I don’t think you could do both (host On The Couch and AFL 360) and by the way I’ve loved On The Couch and until recent times that was going to be my lot for however long I was going to be at Fox.

“Now there’s a vacancy and I’ve been asked by Fox to consider it.

“I’m contemplating what life would look like if that presented itself.”

A decision from Lyon is yet to be made.

AFL 360 will return next season.

I must have been living under a rock but I did not realize Robbo was punted from 360.
Robbo was only present on what, half the shows this year? A little less, a little more?
Wondering if they sacked him cos at the end of the day he had quite a few other people doing his job...

Lyon is a shit choice for mine. He knows footy alright but overall he's boring and the show is probably going to feel like it's got co-hosts now, whereas the dynamic previously was Gerard hosting and Robbo along for the ride.

I think Dunstall would be the best pick, apparently K Cornes was Fox's first pick. Tbh Kaneo has really grown on me this year. He comes across as such a prick but honestly sometimes you just need a good heel.

Robbo was only present on what, half the shows this year? A little less, a little more?
Wondering if they sacked him cos at the end of the day he had quite a few other people doing his job...

Lyon is a shit choice for mine. He knows footy alright but overall he's boring and the show is probably going to feel like it's got co-hosts now, whereas the dynamic previously was Gerard hosting and Robbo along for the ride.

I think Dunstall would be the best pick, apparently K Cornes was Fox's first pick. Tbh Kaneo has really grown on me this year. He comes across as such a prick but honestly sometimes you just need a good heel.
I don't mind Kane because too much of the ex players partake in group think and/or stick up for mates too much.
He makes some shit calls for attention but he also makes some calls that none of the others dare to, like calling out the Swans and Geelong for trying to sweep the Mills and Stengle controversies under the rug.
Any other team gets raked over the coals for dealing with those to situations the way the Swans and Cats did but the media has built a narrative that they are the two best run clubs in the league so won't dare burst that bubble.

My theory on Robbos sacking is that he was fired because he can barely utter a coherent sentence. His speech centre has been impacted by blunt force trauma or years of alcohol abuse (I assume).

It is a job for him Bunk. Like anyone in any job, he doesn't have to be there if he doesn't want to be there. He gets to set his own agenda, not us or the football club.

It would probably be worse if he stayed and his heart was not in it.

Sign a contract, see it out. Pretty simple.

It would seem all 18 clubs have watched ‘you’re so not invited to my bat mitzvah’ and are now using the BnF night to frame those leaving on good terms in an angelic light and those leaving on bad terms as the second coming of Hitler.

Petty, small shit from a competition that are desperate to punch above their weight.

This will be swept under the AFL's rug regardless of the outcome, but apparently the Bulldogs have now made an official request for the AFL to look further into the connection between Bailey and Cotton On dating back to the original signing date. This will potentially blow up in a huge way with the potential for the club to take it further through the legal system not the AFL itself.

Law is not my area of expertise but essentially the belief is that Geelong have been paying Smith via a third party whilst he was under contract at the dogs in a sort of handshake deal that he would seek a trade at the end of the contract, thus breaking the terms of the contract. Things are going to get very, very messy.

This could expose Geelong quite badly as they've had Geelong players doing bogus jobs at Cotton On for years. My wife's friend worked at their Head Office and knew of several players in positions at Cotton On who didn't have any real role other than sitting in an office on their phones for a couple of hours a week.

They've been rorting the salary cap for years. The AFL knows and have turned a blind eye to it. Wonder if that will continue now.
I've always wondered why Geelong were the favoured Victorian destination over other successful clubs like Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond. Those clubs though similar in success don't attract the same amount of talent Geelong attracts. They actually have to go down the ladder and hit the draft as opposed to just topping up as they go along.

I've always wondered why Geelong were the favoured Victorian destination over other successful clubs like Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond. Those clubs though similar in success don't attract the same amount of talent Geelong attracts. They actually have to go down the ladder and hit the draft as opposed to just topping up as they go along.
Cameron, smith and danger because they wanted to live down there rurally. A lot of other players they recruit are from the geelong area

It's not hate for North, it could be any club doing it the right way and (most likely) waving at us as they go past.

I think the more clubs that go past us by doing smart moves can only be a good thing for the ongoing running of the club.
Eventually you get sick of being passed and start making smart moves yourself.

This will be swept under the AFL's rug regardless of the outcome, but apparently the Bulldogs have now made an official request for the AFL to look further into the connection between Bailey and Cotton On dating back to the original signing date. This will potentially blow up in a huge way with the potential for the club to take it further through the legal system not the AFL itself.

Law is not my area of expertise but essentially the belief is that Geelong have been paying Smith via a third party whilst he was under contract at the dogs in a sort of handshake deal that he would seek a trade at the end of the contract, thus breaking the terms of the contract. Things are going to get very, very messy.

This could expose Geelong quite badly as they've had Geelong players doing bogus jobs at Cotton On for years. My wife's friend worked at their Head Office and knew of several players in positions at Cotton On who didn't have any real role other than sitting in an office on their phones for a couple of hours a week.

They've been rorting the salary cap for years. The AFL knows and have turned a blind eye to it. Wonder if that will continue now.

Just drive part Cats training and you won't find a single car not a Ford in the car park..

coincidence??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to listen to Kane and did not mind him as he owned his mistakes, not that I agreed with half of what he says. He annoys me know as he is a low hanging fruit guy and his opinions on how players should live their lives shit me. He is pretty smart when he stays footy focused but he strays into other lanes too often and the world according to Kane is not a normal place that was moulded by a couple of rather eccentric characters in his old man and Mark Williams.
People who continually come up with "I do not get it" when discussing other peoples lives need to understand that you do not have to get it. You can disagree but you do not have to get it as it is not your life.

Just drive part Cats training and you won't find a single car not a Ford in the car park..

coincidence??
Maybe a fact check needed here.

Everyone is finally starting to cotton on, even though this crap was visyable the whole time
Animated GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back