News & Events Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Say you catch covid and are vaccinated and it doesn't do much to you, but then next year you get it again (you have had you're booster shot) but are perhaps a bit more sick from a variant that stronger, then the following year you get a mild case...and so on. What happens after we have had it 10 times. We will be allowing it to come, and allowing us to get it multiple times. Will there be some sort of damage to our bodies that will eventually catch up with us and make really sick.
No. The immune system doesn't work like that. Think of it like memories. For example - imagine yesterday you ate a really tasty looking jelly bean that was flavoured like a piece of dog shit and you ate it and thought, "this is really gross I am never doing that again". But then next year you see a piece of dog shit that looks delicious but that smells really similar to that jelly bean, and you take a really big sniff of it and it makes you a little woozy, but you remember that jelly bean flavoured dog shit that you ate last year, and decide not to eat it because it was nasty. And then the year after that, you come across another similar piece of dog shit that looks really tasty, but maybe this one is a different consistency, and so you have a little nibble, but then before you can go any further it triggers the memory of that dogshit flavoured jelly bean that you really didn't like, and you remember that it is a bad idea so you run away from that particular strain of dogshit.

its just like that.

The jelly bean is the vaccine, and covid is the dogshit.

I haven't been one for the 'Chairman Dan' rhetoric as I thought it was overblown ans sensationalised by social media, but this new bill is absolutely bonkers.

I mean the fact they say they 'Consulted the Victorian bar' when all they did was a 45 minute zoom where pandemic management wasn't discussed, and organising a workshop they then cancelled without rescheduling. That is as intentionally misleading as it gets.
There is an open letter circulating from the Bar that has been signed by 23 QC’s.

There is an open letter circulating from the Bar that has been signed by 23 QC’s.
I don't like the NSW way of doing things so don't really want to adopt it here in the first place, but it seems a bit hypocritical to complain about it after labelling NSW as "gold standard".

Also, are the powers of the Health Minister materially different from what the CHO has under state of emergency/state of disaster laws? Is it expansive new powers, or just existing powers transferred from an unelected public health expert to a duly elected (and corruptible) member of parliament?

This contains the open letter;

Also some information about amendments that might be moved in the upper house (government doesn't have a majority there so it's up to the cross-bench).

i bet they’ll regret posting that tomorrow when they sober up!

I was under the impression that people were mad that the CHO was making public health orders and "wE dIdN't ElEcT tHeM", so the government looks to put in legislation so that elected officials have to look at them before they go into effect, and people are mad about that as well?

Am I missing something?

I was under the impression that people were mad that the CHO was making public health orders and "wE dIdN't ElEcT tHeM", so the government looks to put in legislation so that elected officials have to look at them before they go into effect, and people are mad about that as well?

Am I missing something?
I think that's understating it a little.

So I am missing something?
The ability of the Premier to declare a pandemic with no real oversight is concerning. Would you trust someone like ScoMo with that?

These guys amplify the concerns but the points still valid.

Attachments

• 211028-Open-Letter-re-PHW-APM-Bill-2021-Vic-FINAL-1-1.pdf
    147.9 KB · Views: 25
The ability of the Premier to declare a pandemic with no real oversight is concerning. Would you trust someone like ScoMo with that?

These guys amplify the concerns but the points still valid.
What are the thresholds for declaring the pandemic?

Sounds like it's similar to what we have in NSW but maybe with more power for the government to declare states of emergency/pandemics (I don't know how this part compares) - which I will say is shit. I'm certain Chant here gave advice which was not followed in the name of business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the thresholds for declaring the pandemic?

Sounds like it's similar to what we have in NSW but maybe with more power for the government to declare states of emergency/pandemics (I don't know how this part compares) - which I will say is sh*t. I'm certain Chant here gave advice which was not followed in the name of business.
Not sure mate.

I don't for a second buy into the Dictator Dan rubbish.

But I do believe these laws do contain plenty of room for abuse within the laws and that should concern us for the future.

Is Clive Palmer vaccinated? I really need to know.
Someone has raised an excellent question about Craig Kelly. How's he jetting around the country to all the protests? Double vax required to fly isn't it?

Both are opportunists and shitty humans but the government continually moving the goal posts leaves the door open for them.

The change in mandatory vaccination age from 16 to 12 without warning is another doozy and has put more off side.

Both are opportunists and shitty humans but the government continually moving the goal posts leaves the door open for them.

The change in mandatory vaccination age from 16 to 12 without warning is another doozy and has put more off side.
Tbh I think you'd have to be living under a rock to be caught totally unaware about any new compulsory vaccinations.

Mandatory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back