Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Hawthorn wasted that pick on the wizard Watson. I know it’s only his first season but he can’t kick very far at all and has been very inaccurate for them. Not coming across as much of a wizard at all to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We better be good next week, tigers will be under a microscope this week again and might go hell for leather against us next week. 😱
Backing up a strong performance hasn't been our strong point.

Our draw is favourable over the next month in fact I would argue we shouldn't be losing at optus again this year in the regular season.

Tigers, Demons, Eagles, Cats and Power.

The 3 road trips we should be win probably 2.

Toss up which two they are but should be winning 7 out of last 8.

Backing up a strong performance hasn't been our strong point.

Our draw is favourable over the next month in fact I would argue we shouldn't be losing at optus again this year in the regular season.

Tigers, Demons, Eagles, Cats and Power.

The 3 road trips we should be win probably 2.

Toss up which two they are but should be winning 7 out of last 8.
The Hawks game is potentially the hardest

It’s spectacularly ****ed that one of the teams that travel the most are sent down to Antarctica, but that’s just another fix in the fixture to keep us irrelevant.

Watch us be sent there twice a year when the Tassie team come online.
We will be the best prepared away team in the AFL when Tassie comes in.

Ain't Hawthorn thinking of moving the deal to Cairns from Tassie well that's what I potentially read a few weeks back.

Maybe it was just scuttlebutt but what would be worse Launceston or Cairns.

It’s spectacularly ****ed that one of the teams that travel the most are sent down to Antarctica, but that’s just another fix in the fixture to keep us irrelevant.

Watch us be sent there twice a year when the Tassie team come online.
and in Alice Springs - can't wait for NZ to add a team lol

We will be the best prepared away team in the AFL when Tassie comes in.

Ain't Hawthorn thinking of moving the deal to Cairns from Tassie well that's what I potentially read a few weeks back.

Maybe it was just scuttlebutt but what would be worse Launceston or Cairns.
Prepared for the weather perhaps but there'll probably be a new oval that we've never played before.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles getting looked after by the umps…..Again!!!!!!

11 free kicks to 5, yet the Eagles are constantly second to the ball. Explain that me.

That flop by Darling really sums that moron up though.

Water Bird GIF

FFS, Dwayne Russell questioning the deliberately rushed decision from last night and questioning the rule.
It's a pet hate of mine how these AFL commentators can call themselves professionals when they seemingly are incapable of knowing or reading the rule book.

18.11.2 Free Kicks - Deliberate Rushed Behinds
A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player from the Defending Team who intentionally Kicks, Handballs or forces the football over the Attacking Team’s Goal Line or Behind Line or onto one of the Attacking Team’s Goal Posts, and the Player:
(a) is greater than nine metres from the Goal Line or Behind Line;
(b) is not under immediate physical pressure;
(c) has had time and space to dispose of the football; or
(d) from a Ruck contest, hits the football over the Goal Line or Behind Line
on the full.

Only one of those conditions need to apply and Menzies gathered the ball in the goal square on the run with no immediate physical pressure being applied. Now an argument could be made that when he gathered the ball, a Geelong player was within a metre or two and he expected physical pressure, but the fact is, that did not come because the Geelong players cleverly did not apply any pressure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back