Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Midweek Tackle is reporting Katy Perry is gonna do the halftime show at the GF. Done deal. I'm not a fan but she'll put on a good show. Can't get worse than some of the crap they've dished out recently...

snoop dogg GIF by Katy Perry

I’m down as long as there’s no singing involved

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's right up there with the North stuff from last year. So many people have NFI and I feel bad for the handful of posters who do understand having to point out every 2nd post for being absolute dribble. I mean, it's funny as hell for us but it must be tedious wading through it all the time.

The realisation that you have lost all relevance is pretty depressing

Like going to a nightclub in your 30’s

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it was soft as. It was an open handed swipe that accidentally drew blood. I get where the AFL are coming from, but this wasn't malicious or dangerous. Guys are getting fined for punching people in the guts, yet this somehow warranted a week? It's weird. I reckon if there was no blood, it wouldn't have been cited. But the AFL are shitting their pants with head high hits and the optics.
I’m usually all for suspensions when there is head contact but this was really nothing
A high fend off at worst

If Cripps wins the Brownlow again after getting away with what he did I’ll actually vomit 🤮

Yeah, that’s crap, no way Heeney should have got a week for that. Deliberate? Get your hand off it AFL!

I’d be filthy if one of our players got a week for that.
It's such a frustrating outcome because he only got a week because it was graded as intentional. It only got graded as intentional because they changed the interpretation this year. They changed the interpretation due to off the ball incidents that don't really relate to the Heeney situation.

To add insult to injury the AFL counsel then says intent doesn't matter???

"He clearly was struck in the face, Mr Heeney's intention doesn't really matter," AFL counsel Andrew Woods said."

It's such a frustrating outcome because he only got a week because it was graded as intentional. It only got graded as intentional because they changed the interpretation this year. They changed the interpretation due to off the ball incidents that don't really relate to the Heeney situation.

"He clearly was struck in the face, Mr Heeney's intention doesn't really matter," AFL counsel Andrew Woods said."

Jesse Hogan raises his eyebrows in surprise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It gives me the screaming abdabs that Heeney gets a week for that when that dirty **** Judd got off for a very deliberate elbow to Pav’s schnoz (there’s never a reason to elbow the tackler).

And I’m still ropable that Fyfe lost a likely Brownlow because he had a head clash. Why can’t we have nice things?

I'd much rather Heeney win the Brownlow over any of the alternatives but pretty happy he wasn't given special treatment, perhaps now they'll actually review the award criteria.
Butters has been the King of Special Treatments, as has Cripps

who can forget the "nice guy" let off that Cameron received? I don't think they come much nicer than Heeney

And I’m still ropable that Fyfe lost a likely Brownlow because he had a head clash. Why can’t we have nice things?

Is your argument here that the head clash against Gold Coast in Round 2 was a mitigating factor in the suspension Fyfe got for punching Jordan Lewis in Rd 21? (* Fyfe would have ended up with the most votes that year if Ross hadn't subbed him at 3/4 time where he was best on ground in that flogging we gave to Collingwood in Round 1, 2014.)

The Heeney suspension to me seems similar to the one quite a few years ago where Bachar Houli threw an arm back at the player chasing him from behind.

Last edited:
It is amazing, the Dirty Rag put a nice pic of Simmo on their front page. The Yellas have not realised that it is sarcasm.
They are berating the RAG gor the dirty tactic yesterday, but not smart enough to realise that yet again the RAG is TTP.
So many, I cancelled my paper yesterday. I will never buy it again. So they should have posted something nice etc, etc ,etc.
They have loved the RAG for years, fawning all over NN down to his daily routines.
They have been giggling like little kids with the crass over reaction to Reid being their# 1 selection. Drooled over every pic.
Ahhh they never cease to give credence to my thoughts about them.

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back