Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He was good in his first season with Carlton but the last 2 seasons he’s stagnated massively. Always injured and as a result has lost his place in the team, he’s their 4th best midfielder now and had no noticeable impact as a halfback tonight.

Was gutted when he left but considering we got Amiss for him I couldn’t care less now.

Would it be absurdly criminal to suggest that Johnson's roof may be higher than Cerra's?

Johnson seems to fill a gap that Cerra never could, Cerra won't bully and bash midfielders around he's just decent polish - we already have that.

Fair go you lot give em a break, They were coming off a five day break, a five day break , a five day break a five day break... ,echo echo, echo.
Amazing just how good that *9 is with his "hand ball"
5 day break? at Freo we dream about 5 day breaks lol

Their Autopsy thread title says it all.

"2024 Rd 20 Blues 5 day turnaround leaves Blues powerless"

Try doing it off the back of a 5 hour flight you muppets.

Two games on a row at Marvel, such hardship!
exactly!! they still got to sleep in their own beds for WEEKS lol

How many teams are consistent 4 quarter teams though? Get top 4 and everyone has a chance depending on who you play and injury status.
Yeah that's fair. Even the Swans are a terrible Q1 team.

Probably just the long time Freo supporter in me, I just don't believe yet.
I disagree. We got dis. Peaking at exactly the right time.
Yes, the form line is better than a lot of the top 8 for sure.
Amazing how Port fans are actually shattered by winning as it keeps hinkley safe
TBH, its because they know they are pretenders. It's just delaying the inevitable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squiggle doesn't rate Carlton as highly as the general consensus. If you draw a 45 degree line (balanced attack and defense), you can see there are 3 clear tiers. They are in the 2nd tier. It still has them making a PF because of the banked wins and easy run home.

It's also interesting that the Crows are smack in the middle of that group and even the saints aren't that far off.

Dogs continue to be an enigma.

Squiggle is usually pretty good at long term trends and 20 rounds is probably enough.

1722032155095.png

Squiggle doesn't rate Carlton as highly as the general consensus. If you draw a 45 degree line (balanced attack and defense), you can see there are 3 clear tiers. They are in the 2nd tier. It still has them making a PF because of the banked wins and easy run home.

It's also interesting that the Crows are smack in the middle of that group and even the saints aren't that far off.

Squiggle is usually pretty good at long term trends and 20 rounds is probably enough.

View attachment 2060058
That tells me two things I already kinda knew:

1) The Dogs have everything they need to win the flag except for whatever the hell is going on between their ears
2) Collingwoods flag last year is perhaps the greatest anomaly and worst premiership year in the modern era.

Still, Sydney is dipping at the right time. Final 5 weeks to come back into form before finals. Also Brisbane is hitting their best: If they miss the top 2 and face Carlton (or Port or, sadly, us) away in the first week I'd back them to get the win. Just enough experience and disappointment to fuel them now and are peaking.

What a fascinating season of footy. I can't remember any like it and I'm very glad we're a big part of it. Will serve us well in the future.

View attachment 2060058
Just on this, we’ve for so long been in the bottom right corner, it’s so pleasing to see us have the fifth strongest offence.

Does he support us or did he just love Fyfe? I recall reading he was his favourite player and someone he modelled his game on.
If you are tslking of JHF then you should know his step father was on the verge of signing with Fremantle before doing his knee playing for South Fremantle. A very skilled and talented player.

I see people are leaving the key part of the Fabian Francis story out which was he was supposed to be signed by us in the preseaon draft in 2001 (technically the 2002 draft but you get the idea) but we had breached tpp and got excluded from the draft. Then he then had play WAFL on the agreement he'd be drafted the next draft, but did his knee.

I see people are leaving the key part of the Fabian Francis story out which was he was supposed to be signed by us in the preseaon draft in 2001 (technically the 2002 draft but you get the idea) but we had breached tpp and got excluded from the draft. Then he then had play WAFL on the agreement he'd be drafted the next draft, but did his knee.
wasn’t that the cap that we didn’t actually breach but the AFL thought we didn’t have enough fat in it thus believing we would likely exceed it ?
So therefore smacked us for an event that had not occurred but might.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back