Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

teams reflect their coaches. Freo don’t have any killer instinct and are happy to be middle of the field and don’t really want to play finals.Otherwise, there is no way we lose to Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn and Geelong

In Hawthorn, I see a team that wants to win it all

I know some people on here think it’s nuts to say this but Hawthorn are arguably the best team in the comp right now and it’s going to take a seriously good team to beat them in September.
They can absolutely win the flag.
Begrudgingly I agree completely.

It’s diabolical what Mitchell has been able to achieve with that group and in such a short amount of time.

We can only watch on and weep.

The thing about Hawthorn is that their on paper talent isn’t that great. I’d rate ours well above theirs. Instead they’re getting it done, and we’re failing. What does that say about us?

The thing about Hawthorn is that their on paper talent isn’t that great. I’d rate ours well above theirs. Instead they’re getting it done, and we’re failing. What does that say about us?
It’s because we don’t have enough mongrel in us. They have it in spades and with a rabid dog Coach how can they lose?

The only bruiser we have who throws his weight around is Treacy. The rest are “Mr nice guys”.
One player in an entire team won’t get it done in modern AFL.

It’s because we don’t have enough mongrel in us. They have it in spades and with a rabid dog Coach how can they lose?

The only bruiser we have who throws his weight around is Treacy. The rest are “Mr nice guys”.
One player in an entire team won’t get it done in modern AFL.
You’re not going to get any mongrel out players when the coach is inarticulate and shy

You’re not going to get any mongrel out players when the coach is inarticulate and shy

I feel like we are over coached, too many players scared to take the game on as the role they are given doesn't allow for it. Hawks are playing with talent and dare, they don't mind making errors as they know next time it will come off and they will have a shot at goal. They think score where I feel like our mindset is restrict.

If that was Amiss kicking at goal he would’ve lined up straight and kicked a drop punt. Waterman just snapped it as most forwards would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwayne is trying to hard to manifest a Carlton win here .
I’d say SEN are shitting it if there a finals series with no big Melbourne sides 😂

Dwayne is trying to hard to manifest a Carlton win here .
I’d say SEN are shitting it if there a finals series with no big Melbourne sides 😂
I'm somewhat scared of the umpiring in our game against Port if us winning means no Collingwood or Carlton in Finals

Change coach, we can win a flag
I don’t think it’s that simple - we also can’t afford a period of regression when the team will have to learn a new game plan when our core is at a point we can be contending now. Would be great if we could somehow get new experienced assistants strong in what he is weak in.

I wonder if the issue is that there’s so much value put on the process and the system that any creativity and problem solving skills on the field has just been trained out of them.

It feels a bit like the Ross years, the emphasis on playing your role and giving effort. What needs to happen now though, is knowing when to go beyond your roles together when the game is on the line and taking responsibility for dragging the team over the line if the box is too slow to respond to what’s on the ground.

I'm somewhat scared of the umpiring in our game against Port if us winning means no Collingwood or Carlton in Finals
You should be more than somewhat scared

Be interesting to see how this game gets umpired if it gets close (think it will)
If the umps start riding Carlton against WC at home you know well and truly the AFL are on the take

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back