Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?
4 qualifying finals. At home.

What can you do? Players don’t respond? Players think they’re better than they are?
He got them 2nd, in a tight season.

It's basically like last game for us but twice as bad and every season. I dont think there's enjoyment in that

I feel like it's worth a poll considering the discussion DragoDelph

I'm being genuine here, would you rather:
A) As more angry supporters have said, have possibly worse coach in JL and not make finals consistently
B) Be stuck with Hinkley for twice as long because he always make finals but then always loses them

I honestly think having Hinkley for coach must be close to torture by now
Don’t want to poke any bears here but after 5 full seasons of JL, we are only one or two more seasons of frustrating 6-10th placed finishes, sprinkled with some honourable losses, to be in a very similar position to Port fans and Ken Hinkley….

Maybe Eagles should hold off on King for now. Hinkley might become available after all.
Honestly not the worst choice for them. He’s clearly a great regular season coach but not a great finals coach. Eagles won’t need to worry about finals for quite a few years yet so that should work.

Don’t want to poke any bears here but after 5 full seasons of JL, we are only one or two more seasons of frustrating 6-10th placed finishes, sprinkled with some honourable losses, to be in a very similar position to Port fans and Ken Hinkley….
I mean, I'm deadset its top 4 or bust next year, isnt Ken like 5 years ahead of us? I'm not holding on that long

2nd is bad?

I’d rather a chance.

Port fans are cynical and full of themselves. It’s the SANFL presence get to their heads
I'm not talking about 2nd. There basically is no chance, it's like 12 years of evidence. For whatever reason, he can not perform in finals. It's the gutting feeling of last game but worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not talking about 2nd. There basically is no chance, it's like 12 years of evidence. For whatever reason, he can not perform in finals. It's the gutting feeling of last game but worse
Hard to fathom.
It’s not just Hinkley it’s 2001-2007 as well.
2001 straight sets
2002/03 loss in prelims.
2004 nearly loss prelim before flag.

Seems like a culture thing

Hard to fathom.
It’s not just Hinkley it’s 2001-2007 as well.
2001 straight sets
2002/03 loss in prelims.
2004 nearly loss prelim before flag.

Seems like a culture thing
The psychological impact of this stuff probably isnt discussed as much but I'm deadset certain Essendon are basically perpetually ****ed now because of the finals thing. Basically the same thing here, they need a full clean-out and restart

Shows you we weren’t bad against Geelong..just a selection or two wrong by conservative Jlo. Going back to the well and choosing Tabs over Reidy. Ditto Worner over Noddy.

Darcy shouldn’t of played against the Bombers.

GWS game we were pretty good, just a crab or two who weren’t up to it. Didn’t man up and tag Daniels. Felt like that was easily our best performance of the last 4.

Port we just went to water.

Missed out on finals because of poor selections.

Kern has led the Porf horse to water but Kern hasn’t taught the Porf horse how to drink said water…

Is this conversation about making finals a joke? The more finals the better. I’d much prefer get there and fail then not get there at all.
You say that now, but what if you're stuck with a coach every year forever because he makes finals but then loses them every time. 12 years, imagine 12 years of the game we had last week

Is this conversation about making finals a joke? The more finals the better. I’d much prefer get there and fail then not get there at all.
Tend to agree with this.

Normally you need to make a couple of finals series before winning it outright.
We are bother year behind now after losing this year (when we shouldnt have)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back