Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seasoned Ken haters could see this coming from a mile away.

For a coach whose reputation is staked on his ability as a motivator over a tactician, his inability to get them firing at the pointy end of the season is staggering.

Tend to agree with this.

Normally you need to make a couple of finals series before winning it outright.
We are bother year behind now after losing this year (when we shouldnt have)
Didn’t Richmond win in 2017 without finals ? It’s possible, but everything has to go right.
Getting home top 2 is so important

You say that now, but what if you're stuck with a coach every year forever because he makes finals but then loses them every time. 12 years, imagine 12 years of the game we had last week
12 years of finals in a row?. I’d take that in a heartbeat. That’s like saying I wish we didn’t make the grand final in 2013 because we didn’t win.

12 years of finals in a row?. I’d take that in a heartbeat. That’s like saying I wish we didn’t make the grand final in 2013 because we didn’t win.
But you lose every time? Hardly much fun and it's completely different to a one off.

Don’t want to poke any bears here but after 5 full seasons of JL, we are only one or two more seasons of frustrating 6-10th placed finishes, sprinkled with some honourable losses, to be in a very similar position to Port fans and Ken Hinkley….

Lol JL dreams of being as good a coach as perennial loser Ken Hinkley. Port have at least made top 4, top 2 a bunch of times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this conversation about making finals a joke? The more finals the better. I’d much prefer get there and fail then not get there at all.

Geelong play finals pretty much every year - the collective experience just means they're able to soak up the pressure year and after and play deep.

Just another reason why it's such an unbelievable disgrace we missed finals again - if we actually play a decent finals campaign prior experience is crucial.

I feel like it's worth a poll considering the discussion DragoDelph

I'm being genuine here, would you rather:
A) As more angry supporters have said, have possibly worse coach in JL and not make finals consistently
B) Be stuck with Hinkley for twice as long because he always make finals but then always loses them

I honestly think having Hinkley for coach must be close to torture by now

Only team I'd rather support less is Essendon. Port would be torture.

Even then, at least the Bombers fans know they are **** and can temper expectations to match. Port fans can see their team is good enough to contend, but have massive PTSD every finals series because they simply never get it done when it matters. I bet a bunch got their hopes up this last fortnight too just to get crushed again.

2nd is bad?

I’d rather a chance.

Port fans are cynical and full of themselves. It’s the SANFL presence get to their heads

Having it once or twice is fine. A 12 year pattern is torture.

Consider Brisbane, who were basically he same up until last year when they got within a kick of the flag. It took time (like 6 years) but they made the jump.

For Port it is 12 and counting. **** that.

Is this conversation about making finals a joke? The more finals the better. I’d much prefer get there and fail then not get there at all.

See above. It isn't and the psychology of the Port fans tells you it isn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back