Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I thought Eagles beating Hawthorn in 2015 QF was going to be boost our chances to win the flag as it meant Hawks had to travel to Perth twice in 3 weeks

But how wrong was I

Kinda glad it happened the way it did, because we would’ve gone into that GF minus both Pav and Fyfe, and the thought of giving them another cup is too much to contemplate

Hearing that Elliot Yeo's father Craig has passed away, RIP.

I'm fine with Dangerfield getting off. It looked to me like he genuinely tried to pull Walsh up/back. Hard to tell if Walsh propelled himself forward, but I wouldn't be surprised. Especially if he has been learning tricks from Cerra.

The issue is more with the inconsistency and how other players get done (e.g. Serong on Spargo when Spargo launched himself into the ground).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rule should be adjusted to put an onus on the tackler to keep their feet wherever possible. Tacklers going to ground introduces too much randomness and difficulty managing the likelihood of forceful head contact with the ground (leg injuries too).
All that will happen is players being tackled will drop in tackles more than they already do.

All that will happen is players being tackled will drop in tackles more than they already do.
The onus can be on both players, tackler and tackled. I've seen that very rule in action coaching junior footy. If you're aware, it's not too hard to tell who's initiating going to ground. It'd need to be crystal clear in the how and why to the umpires and strongly implemented. They don't have a good track record in that.

IMG_5369.jpeg Teams are obsessed with beating Freo this year. This is from an article about Richmond’s injuries. Martin might not be fit enough to play Carlton. They are on the bottom of the ladder, and this is their concern?!?!

View attachment 2031439Teams are obsessed with beating Freo this year. This is from an article about Richmond’s injuries. Martin might not be fit enough to play Carlton. They are on the bottom of the ladder, and this is their concern?!?!

I would say it is more of a fact that they are travelling over here rather than playing us in Melbourne.

I would say it is more of a fact that they are travelling over here rather than playing us in Melbourne.

I remember Essendon resting Dustin Fletcher every single year against us.

Pisses me off clubs can do that for their one Perth trip a season clearly demonstrating they know travel is a disadvantage but as soon as they’re asked about it a few nicer seats on an aeroplane makes it’s no disadvantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back