Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the goal square was 15m. Happy to be corrected.

That is why when a player has the ball next to the post the ump will tell the player on the mark to come back to the 9.

What is the rule?

I think it is this

If you are within 15m's from goal, and under any pressure you can concede.
Then should apply to all deliberates especially around the boundary.
Neal Bullen’s was a bit unfair, yet got paid. If umpires are paying that, then Essendon’s clearly was deliberate

The whole approach was wrong with the rule. It was brought in after the Joel Bowen time wasting incident: If that was all the wanted to deal with then they should have just made the rule "Any rushed behind that is clearly the result of intent to waste time is a free kick" and if that's too subjective for them then something like "You can't intentionally rush a behind a) from outside the 9 metre zone or b) at all from a kick in phase of play until the phase is ended either by a score at the other end or the opposition side gain possession of the ball."

Or echoing what I said earlier just make the rule the same as for out of bounds. Instead we have to put up with the different definition of what 'sufficient pressure' is from every umpire. This is stupid because with the out of bounds rule at least its only one parameter (what the player with ball did). With the rushed behind rule he has to make up his mind not just about what the player with the ball was doing but the other side is doing too.
It would still result in interpretation. If they wanted to stop the Joel Bowen incident again, just make it that you can't rush two behinds in a row, ever.

Then should apply to all deliberates especially around the boundary.
Neal Bullen’s was a bit unfair, yet got paid. If umpires are paying that, then Essendon’s clearly was deliberate
They're not the same rule. You have to display intent to keep the ball in bounds under the out of bounds rule, that doesn't apply to the deliberate rushed behinds rule.

1719900357265.png

It would still result in interpretation. If they wanted to stop the Joel Bowen incident again, just make it that you can't rush two behinds in a row, ever.
They wouldn't like that, then you could still choose to rush a behind with say 20 seconds left by booting it through from 30 metres out. I reckon my second option of saying you can't concede deliberately from more than 9 metres or at all from a kick in would cover 999 out 1000 eventualities.

Am I the only one that thought Essendon’s
Deliberate behind was actually there?

No pressure. Geelong players didn’t push and stayed away. The player had time to move the ball. Pretty clear what he was doing
I thought it was obvious because in the first round they payed this. (5 minutes 20 seconds)

Typical colon move.

But also good, would have been handy to cover Walter’s until a real replacement came along. But not a need.

Also lol at the Brisbane fans up and about on the DTFA board. Most of the “he’s def leaving” was from a known toast troll, but they’re up and about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprisingly large number of Tigers fans realise how deep their plight is. Still a bunch that list their B22 (including Dusty and Lynch as if they were the 2020 versions) and reckon they are only 1-2 players off but I expected that to be the majority. Feels more like 50-50.

Maybe the general BF fanbase is a bit more knowledgeable about list building than it used to be.

Typical colon move.

But also good, would have been handy to cover Walter’s until a real replacement came along. But not a need.

Also lol at the Brisbane fans up and about on the DTFA board. Most of the “he’s def leaving” was from a known toast troll, but they’re up and about.
Literally no one from Freo cares and knew it was nothing once we realised the manager, but a few specific Brissy posters are still in their feelings from the Neale trade attempt.

Elite work from Sherriff Incorporated just completely ignoring their pettiness though

Surprisingly large number of Tigers fans realise how deep their plight is. Still a bunch that list their B22 (including Dusty and Lynch as if they were the 2020 versions) and reckon they are only 1-2 players off but I expected that to be the majority. Feels more like 50-50.

Maybe the general BF fanbase is a bit more knowledgeable about list building than it used to be.

They sound the same as Eagles fans for the last three years. I hope both supporter bases and clubs buy into it for a couple more years yet.

What is the rule?

I think it is this

If you are within 15m's from goal, and under any pressure you can concede.
17.10 DELIBERATE RUSHED BEHINDS
17.10.1 Spirit and Intention
Players shall be encouraged to keep the football in play.
17.10.2 Free Kicks - Deliberate Rushed Behinds
A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player from the Defending Team who intentionally Kicks, Handballs or forces the football over the Attacking Team’s Goal Line or Behind Line or onto one of the Attacking Team’s Goal Posts, and the Player:
(a) is greater than nine metres from the Goal Line or Behind Line;
(b) is not under immediate physical pressure;
(c) has had time and space to dispose of the football; or
(d) from a Ruck contest, hits the football over the Goal Line or Behind Line on the full

What's with the fallout from the West Coast game?
Have they forgotten they are shit?
It doesn't take long for the entitlement to return. I guess they are still believing the big lie, that they never stay down for long. And they truly believe they are better than Hawthorn.
If there is one positive to take from them wining against us it’s that they thought they were good again , false dawn .

And that was the only positive .

Wasn't just them...there were some people on this board who thought they were closer to flag than us.

Freagles. Nobody could look at their list and think anything other than they are a decade away from challenging for a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back