Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the ladder predictor - Dogs vs. Blues is such a massive game this weekend. It's a real long shot, but it's likely the only game Carlton can lose for the rest of the season, leaving a small gap for top 2 if we were good enough to win every game.

What's also worth noting is the top four is likely to be 3-non Victorian teams (Sydney, Carlton, Freo, Brisbane). As a non-Victorian team, it's best to play a GF against another non-Victorian team.

Long way to go, just interested in how big the permutations that follow this weekend's games are.

Even Waterman at 26 might be pushing it to play in a prelim from here. If they miss on a couple of their top picks he might never play another final. Remembering that there are severely compromised (above the normally compromised) drafts coming up as well.
I can genuinely see him leaving the Eagles in a year or two. I reckon their poor treatment of him last year might just be the tipping point

Just looking at the ladder predictor - Dogs vs. Blues is such a massive game this weekend. It's a real long shot, but it's likely the only game Carlton can lose for the rest of the season, leaving a small gap for top 2 if we were good enough to win every game.

This dents the Bulldogs chances unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really bad week for injuries in the AFL. Thankfully we got through relatively unscathed.
I wouldn't say Darcy being out is relatively unscathed. Jackson has been meh recently so if he doesn't lift it's hard to see us getting up over the Hawks
That said he played a lot better after Darcy came off and he went to the middle

Saturday night, in a fit of stupidity, I bought a Record. Well my daughter bought it for me. I got all excited when I saw all the purples and our players on the cover.Gotta have that.
Brought it home for a read. Yeah Riiiiiight. Bloody print is so small it looks smaller than a Chilli thrip.I need a magnifying glass to read it. Or maybe I need new glasses.
I guess the reading, according to the Dockers, will have to wait, Just like me reading the bible. But I know which one comes first.:D:D;).
But one thing I did discover was the umpires squad.42 in all and all males,. So much for Laura Kanes assertion that with the four umpire system, it will lead to more inclusineness within the ranks.Last season I am sure there were three females on the list.
And I see where Dean Margetts friend, Jeff Dalgleish is still on the list. As is Razor.

Saturday night, in a fit of stupidity, I bought a Record. Well my daughter bought it for me. I got all excited when I saw all the purples and our players on the cover.Gotta have that.
Brought it home for a read. Yeah Riiiiiight. Bloody print is so small it looks smaller than a Chilli thrip.I need a magnifying glass to read it. Or maybe I need new glasses.
I guess the reading, according to the Dockers, will have to wait, Just like me reading the bible. But I know which one comes first.:D:D;).
But one thing I did discover was the umpires squad.42 in all and all males,. So much for Laura Kanes assertion that with the four umpire system, it will lead to more inclusineness within the ranks.Last season I am sure there were three females on the list.
And I see where Dean Margetts friend, Jeff Dalgleish is still on the list. As is Razor.
with all the negativity against umpires and blaming them for every loss a team experiences . i am amazed anyone chooses to be an umpire let alone any ladies.

So before they will get more Ladies applying. they need to fix the negative cuture. that unlikely to occur due to FANs always being right.

I can genuinely see him leaving the Eagles in a year or two. I reckon their poor treatment of him last year might just be the tipping point

I thought Waterman had signed a contract extension in the off season? From all reports he had been making noises about going elsewhere prior to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back