Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That reminds me of a dad joke I really like, & it is Friday (I give one to the office ladies every week - double entendre intended), so here goes:
I told my wife that she drew her eyebrows on too high.
She looked surprised ;)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not Bad Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Yeah, that’s crap, no way Heeney should have got a week for that. Deliberate? Get your hand off it AFL!

I’d be filthy if one of our players got a week for that.
He didnt intend to bust his nose...but the action was deliberate!
Gaff didnt intend to break Andys jaw...but the punch was deliberate!
Your argument would have had Gaff getting off?
Deliberate must mean you chose an option when others were available to you.
"I didnt mean to hurt him" doesnt get you off.
For the record, I like Heeney, i think he got sucked in.

Last edited:

The difference between the Heeney and Gaff hits for me:
Gaff: an excessivelly forceful punch intended to hurt, clearly arising out of frustration with the effective checking from his opponent.
Heeney: a contextually proportional thrust of the arm arising from the attempt to get separation from effective checking from his opponent.

Both hits were unintentionally high because their opponents were lower than anticipated.

Neither Gaff nor Heeney are dirty players.

I think both punishments have been excessive. Gaff should have got the 7 weeks but he was unlucky to miss the GF.
Heeney should not get a week for that, let alone cruel his Brownlow chance.

But if Toby Greene blindly gut-whacked a bloke and hit him in the head rather than the bread basket, we'd all be quite uninterested in the tribunal finding of guilty.

Heeney and Gaff are unlikely villains but that's neither here nor there.

If you swing a fist - in any circumstance - you take responsibility for what happens when it lands.

But if Toby Greene blindly gut-whacked a bloke and hit him in the head rather than the bread basket, we'd all be quite uninterested in the tribunal finding of guilty.

Heeney and Gaff are unlikely villains but that's neither here nor there.

If you swing a fist - in any circumstance - you take responsibility for what happens when it lands.
I heard that Heeeney was actually aiming at his chest and that he played golf with webster during the week...just a good guy that didn't mean it ya know...

It's such a frustrating outcome because he only got a week because it was graded as intentional. It only got graded as intentional because they changed the interpretation this year. They changed the interpretation due to off the ball incidents that don't really relate to the Heeney situation.

To add insult to injury the AFL counsel then says intent doesn't matter???

"He clearly was struck in the face, Mr Heeney's intention doesn't really matter," AFL counsel Andrew Woods said."

There is no doubt about the VAFL, they have a special talent for making things as clear as mud, whilst trying to explain their way out of a mess they have created 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To put the Harley Reid / Bailey Willams thing to bed….

Simmo made a passing joke as it relates to Williams Tash. Basically said you look like an idiot (ref Goose from Top Gun 😁).

Supposedly didn’t even catch Harley was there.

You can hear it here from the horses mouth from Talking Footy’ interview with Simmo… around 13:20 minute mark.

Definitely not what it sound like on original video m
Simmo taking handout for PR of eagles

So im at the coll vs geelong game who do we want to win tonight?
If you live for the deathride and acknowledge it doesnt matter who Freo play, they arent losing another game this year, then clearly Geelong. If you are a beta and scared of Geelong pushing out of the 4 and technically decreasing our chances of winning a flag this year, Collingwood

If you live for the deathride and acknowledge it doesnt matter who Freo play, they arent losing another game this year, then clearly Geelong. If you are a beta and scared of Geelong pushing out of the 4 and technically decreasing our chances of winning a flag this year, Collingwood
So a draw then?

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back