Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw the score for the GWS and Hawks game. Are the Hawks are genuine threat? They are beating everyone atm.

I don’t understand how they are playing so well when they haven’t traded in anyone worth 3x1st’s , lucky you can’t win a flag without doing that so that’s a relief

Thank goodness we’ve ticked that box with el unicorn

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just saw the score for the GWS and Hawks game. Are the Hawks are genuine threat? They are beating everyone atm.
Not watching, but if they wind up in the 8, they'd probably believe they could do a Western Bulldogs 2016 (assuming they don't claw into top 4), so in their own eyes, yes they're a threat. Obviously now Mitchell's recovered from that 0-5 start, everyone's fapping over them. Same with the Bulldogs. It's an easier task when your travel schedule is a bit lighter though, or you get a few 'home' games in Tassie. Weird how Collingwood never have to play in Tassie, no..?!

Anyway, all Freo have to do is keep winning and a top 2 spot is achievable, and from there a decent launch at the flag. Never an easy ask though....Brisbane, Port, Hawks, Bulldogs besides us probably the 4 in-form teams looking most dangerous as of 'right now'. Finals is a different beast though, still not ruling out Sydney.

Poorly cliched, but literally one game at a time, one week etc....

Probably better for us with a Hawks win but ****ing hell I can't stand those arrogant little campaigners and the collective ********ing of Sam Mitchell. The way they play the umpires every single game is ininfuriating.l
Curnow last year found out that the umpires let a lot go in finals. If they can't keep manufacturing their goals from free kicks they won't win.

Will Schofield on the backchat pod said during the week that it appears that West Coast have made the decision to move Barrass on for draft picks. This aligns with Mitch Cleary's comments about Barrass "getting his head around a trade" when he met with Mitchell, and that Hawthorn are willing to part with their first as part of the trade

Seems like it's happening
I think there is also an element of how short life is.
Tom was a good friend of Cam McCarthy and his untimely death has probably had an impact on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to this enforced diversity quota for commentary starting next season. Hope we get a Kelli Underwood for every game. Her voice is so soothing and her calls are elite.
Better than Healy, forgetting which game he was commentating on.

Yeah, she’s not great, but it’s not exactly a high bar atm in commentary land.

I don’t understand how they are playing so well when they haven’t traded in anyone worth 3x1st’s , lucky you can’t win a flag without doing that so that’s a relief

Thank goodness we’ve ticked that box with el unicorn

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is gonna look pretty silly when they give up a 1st and 2nd for 29 year old Barrass.

Jaymie Graham has turned down the Eagles. Yeah boi! Hahaha hilarious.

Last edited:
Good. I love what he's done with our forward line. Starting to look really strong.
Absolutely. Jamie would be so impressed by our young group who are driven and highly motivated to win a Premiership. Being an integral part of that success is every Coach and Assistant Coach’s dream.

He knows that achieving the ultimate is close, very close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back