Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but the pick will move back at least once thanks to Ashcroft on draft night....
In that case how can Gold Coast just give up early picks like they mean nothing it's disgusting. Geelong got gifted pick 7, Richmond getting pick not 6 for a half back flanker. When are we gonna benefit from all this.........

You part timers have no idea. Pick 6 is cursed and they'll be well to be rid of the damn thing. Yeaaargh

View attachment 2094004
View attachment 2093998View attachment 2094006
Ask anyone from Adelaide what happened to Fisher McAsey and they'll say he didn't have the desire to continue to improve but that wasn't it. It was the curse.

View attachment 2094021

Jaiden Stephenson won the rising star but even he couldn't escape the curse. Smartest thing Collingwood did was to move the curse on. Look at him now;

View attachment 2094020

Denver Grainger-Barras was one of the most ready to go key backs. We all knew of him being from WA and all. Should we get him? Not on your life.

Sam Petetrevski-Seton. Don't lie, you wanted him too. Did Carlton ruin his development or was it the curse?

Actually, I'm going with Carlton ruined his development.
Results for Pick #4s would be higher if not for Mora's tragic story.

On pick 6, Freo has only ever had one of those (come on down James Walker), so we've done pretty well avoiding the curse. But not as well at avoiding pick 6 as Adelaide, who only took their first #6 pick in 2019. The aforementioned Fisher McAsey was Fishing by 2024. Adelaide then used their second ever pick 6 to take Rachele in 2021 - will the 6 curse continue with him?

What’s Barrass’ value? Assuming Eagles will use whatever they get for him in their negotiations for Baker.

They’re in serious danger of conceding 20+ goals every week next season unless they find a few key defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC would have to be nuts to trade away 6, Lombard is in the 8-13 range on most draft boards, they could sneak in another top 10 pick before he gets bid on, trade dogs pick and 20 for Rioli and a couple of second round picks to match the bid with.

What’s Barrass’ value? Assuming Eagles will use whatever they get for him in their negotiations for Baker.

They’re in serious danger of conceding 20+ goals every week next season unless they find a few key defenders.

This is a toughie. He is a very good footballer but if we're trading for him I'd be paranoid that he gets injured and forced into retirement after 25 games.

GC would have to be nuts to trade away 6, Lombard is in the 8-13 range on most draft boards, they could sneak in another top 10 pick before he gets bid on, trade dogs pick and 20 for Rioli and a couple of second round picks to match the bid with.

It would make more sense for GC to leave that pick #6 off the table then, maybe Richmond supporters are destined for extra disappointment

Baker can be done for 23 if WC still want him.

I think 12 + DGB will be the trade for Barrass. Maybe even 30 thrown in (something late maybe going back to Hawks). Could be viewed as overs, but the Hawks are chasing a contracted player who fills a big need for them.

Barrass for Baker just makes zero sense to me but what do I know
Barrass was the only glue holding that pile of poop together and they are letting him go ?
Without him they get flogged by 10 goals every game and become North

They are probably trying to lure Curtin back soon but man they have got so many holes to fill .
Will need picks for years

Baker can be done for 23 if WC still want him.

I think 12 + DGB will be the trade for Barrass. Maybe even 30 thrown in (something late maybe going back to Hawks). Could be viewed as overs, but the Hawks are chasing a contracted player who fills a big need for them.
He’s not pick 12. No way.
DGB coming back? Ouch. West Coast are really going to be struggling once McGovern retires, next season perhaps
I’ll be second round and a third. Hawthorn will be hard to negotiate with.
West Coast are stuffed in terms of getting Baker and Bolton. Fremantle hold all the hands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even in 2021 we could've made finals if Essendon lost and we won in the final round.

Instead we went and lost by 50 to Saints and never even gave ourselves a chance.

Side not that was a shocking season for a team to be making finals on 11 wins.
Actually had we beaten Essendon in round 9 of 2021, we could of taken that 8th spot

You part timers have no idea. Pick 6 is cursed and they'll be well to be rid of the damn thing. Yeaaargh

View attachment 2094004
View attachment 2093998View attachment 2094006
Ask anyone from Adelaide what happened to Fisher McAsey and they'll say he didn't have the desire to continue to improve but that wasn't it. It was the curse.

View attachment 2094021

Jaiden Stephenson won the rising star but even he couldn't escape the curse. Smartest thing Collingwood did was to move the curse on. Look at him now;

View attachment 2094020

Denver Grainger-Barras was one of the most ready to go key backs. We all knew of him being from WA and all. Should we get him? Not on your life.

Sam Petetrevski-Seton. Don't lie, you wanted him too. Did Carlton ruin his development or was it the curse?

Actually, I'm going with Carlton ruined his development.

*If you reply to this I'm going to post the that's the joke picture.
Recce Conca was a pick 6 I do believe. The curse is real :oops:

Actually had we beaten Essendon in round 9 of 2021, we could of taken that 8th spot
I think he was referring to the performance that day when a live finals spot was on the line in the last round when we our game was being played.

We were playing St Kilda who weren't in contention.

And didn't just lose got beat by 10 goals and never in the contest.

It was pathetic it's another Black Mark against JL's tenure for mine.

He’s not pick 12. No way.
DGB coming back? Ouch. West Coast are really going to be struggling once McGovern retires, next season perhaps
I’ll be second round and a third. Hawthorn will be hard to negotiate with.
West Coast are stuffed in terms of getting Baker and Bolton. Fremantle hold all the hands

He is worth pick 12 for sure. He is contracted to end of 2027. The Hawks are reportedly offering him a 5 year, $5 million deal. They have made the commitment and are in no position to be calling the shots. WC will be asking for 2 x firsts and then accept a bit less.

They might as well just get Woosha back.
They'll be sheepishly asking Simpson back at this rate.

Suma should absolutely announce his intention.

And what's Malthouse up to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back