Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where it all began. Fool circle.*

*Not a spelling mistake.
Oh My God Wow GIF by Tennis TV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Darling as much as the rest of us, but he was a GUN when he was at his prime. Had the odd brain-fade where he would forget how to take a mark/shirk a contest or two but he's played almost 300 games and kicked over 500 goals. Taberner wasn't even close to his peak, there is a reason Darling was viewed as one of the best young key forwards in the draft and would have gone top 10 if not for that dumb rumour.

Not sure it was a rumour. All clubs would have done their due diligence and not made decisions on him if there wasnā€™t at least some truth to the ā€˜rumourā€™.
But thatā€™s not the point of your post. I agree, at his best he was a very good player. Iā€™m not sure he would have been as good had he not had Kennedy playing first fiddle for him, but the fact is he did and he has kicked >500 goals, which makes him a pretty decent player. If not for his playing for frees with his snap-back head and that dropped mark, heā€™d be considered close to elite. (I canā€™t stand the guy one iota, he is thourougly dislikable, thatā€™s why I rate him as less than!). Iā€™d love to see him play out his career at a club that gets walloped every weekā€¦ oh waitā€¦ šŸ˜‚

But to suggest Tabs is as good as him is laughable. šŸ˜
We'd have killed for him in the 2013 GF. Would have made Pav's job easier, kept the Hawthorn defence more honest, and relieved Fyfe from his pinch-hit forward role early

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back