Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This game is the ultimate in mixed feelings. Impossible to get over the fact we should be this team doing what Brisbane is doing, we let this slip.

However, the thrashing Sydney are getting is incredibly enjoyable and satisfying.

I haven’t watched any footy since we went out but will definitely watch the replay of this, especially the final quarter and aftermath which will be fun. EAD Papley.

Enjoy the junk time dlanod :brisbane:
This would be good fun for your guys.
Stuck in Singapore watching it at the Singapore Wombats'. I like to think I made the difference - 4-1 watching on TV, 0-2 in person. Only way I'm staying sane, would have killed to be there.

This is fn amazing! Go Lions, never felt so much barracking for a non Giants team in a game!
At the pub you could hear the air conditioning at half time..lol!!!
Lots of Swans fans with their new scarves right out of their packets!
They all started leaving before half time!
Swans fans the most cocky entitled pricks! I loved every minute of this!

Also shout out to dlanod, happy for you mate!

While I don't agree with being arrogant, I don't think all Swans fans are like that.

They've been a pretty good team and top of the ladder all season.

We have plenty of Swans fans that are dual Giants fans/members or have dual Giants Swans families or mixed Swans/Giants friends. I think we're a bit more of a mixed bunch than we realise.

I am a bit bummed for the Swans but thems the breaks.
How about a merger? Your back six Tom Toby & Jesse and of course Mr Kingsley

How about a merger? Your back six Tom Toby & Jesse and of course Mr Kingsley

I reckon Sydney needs two teams and we need to be a viable option for footy fans.

This coming from someone that appreciates all your club has done in this market.

Commiserations mate.

Last edited:
I wonder if the scg is a factor. It is such a different ground than mcg, I haven't heard it mentioned though.
I think swans enjoy our stadium more, with the extra room. I wonder if they ever build a 60k afl specific stadium in Sydney, if so where?

I wonder if the scg is a factor. It is such a different ground than mcg, I haven't heard it mentioned though.
I think swans enjoy our stadium more, with the extra room. I wonder if they ever build a 60k afl specific stadium in Sydney, if so where?
Swans have extra motivation to beat us.

A mental game is played in the derby more than anywhere else. We haven't held up against the mental game, I feel.

I wonder if Daniels has also seen the two contrasting advantage calls early in the GF...it's just a random interpretation.
Was commented on at our BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back