Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course if this was Toby G, this would not have been the outcome

Port Adelaide appealed the decision, arguing the contact was careless not intentional.

Butters argued he and Green were involved in a "mutual bump" and "mutual push" while disagreeing it was a strike, claiming he tried to push the chest area of his rival.

The AFL disputed this, arguing it was a clear decision to strike.

The Tribunal ruled in favour of Port Adelaide, stating it was not more than negligible impact, with Butters now free to play against Brisbane and still in the hunt for the Brownlow Medal.

Of course if this was Toby G, this would not have been the outcome

Port Adelaide appealed the decision, arguing the contact was careless not intentional.

Butters argued he and Green were involved in a "mutual bump" and "mutual push" while disagreeing it was a strike, claiming he tried to push the chest area of his rival.

The AFL disputed this, arguing it was a clear decision to strike.

The Tribunal ruled in favour of Port Adelaide, stating it was not more than negligible impact, with Butters now free to play against Brisbane and still in the hunt for the Brownlow Medal.

This is the right outcome based on similar incidents. IMO Jesse, Pendulbury et el all should have got a week, but all got fines.
This is the same.

This is the right outcome based on similar incidents. IMO Jesse, Pendulbury et el all should have got a week, but all got fines.
This is the same.
I agree with similar crime-same outcome ... but I'm probably also of the view that it's a nothing crime to start with. I realise that there needs to be a threshold for punishment, and also deterrence ... but I think they're all on "this" side of the line.

On the other hand, there have been a few VFL House favourites who got away with no punishment for crimes that did occur, and others that VFL House don't care about who have been punished for SFA.

I agree with similar crime-same outcome ... but I'm probably also of the view that it's a nothing crime to start with. I realise that there needs to be a threshold for punishment, and also deterrence ... but I think they're all on "this" side of the line.

On the other hand, there have been a few VFL House favourites who got away with no punishment for crimes that did occur, and others that VFL House don't care about who have been punished for SFA.
I hate the look of the push/mini jab to the face. Stamp that crap out.
Suspend a couple and it will stop.
It is a conscious decision that is not football. Get rid of it.

Looks like Carlton borrowed our never surrender jerseys for tonight's game.

Who can I write to at the club to complain about it? I reckon it’s a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, not sure we actually wanted that Freo win. Makes no real difference to the Swans, but gives Freo another 4 points in competition with us.
We definitely wanted the Swans to win

Looks like Carlton borrowed our never surrender jerseys for tonight's game.
I noticed a flash of orange at the airport this morning.

Turns out it was a Carlton supporter. His beanie had bright orange lettering.

I felt a bit annoyed, to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back