Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That is an awful set of decisions all in Carlton's favour to change the game.
Not paying the holding the ball right in front was awful. That just about levels the game. 4 veto soft frees and a ridiculous 50m penalty, game over

Wishing Sam Reid all the best in his retirement. Just announced, effective immediately due to ongoing injury.

SYDNEY premiership player Sam Reid has announced his retirement, after suffering an injury setback in the VFL. Reid had been getting closer to a return to AFL action but an injury over the weekend has ended his campaign. The 32-year-old informed teammates on Tuesday morning he was retiring effective immediately.

Wishing Sam Reid all the best in his retirement. Just announced, effective immediately due to ongoing injury.

SYDNEY premiership player Sam Reid has announced his retirement, after suffering an injury setback in the VFL. Reid had been getting closer to a return to AFL action but an injury over the weekend has ended his campaign. The 32-year-old informed teammates on Tuesday morning he was retiring effective immediately.
Always remembered as the lesser Sam Reid, but good luck to him in retirement

I don't remember anyone having a career this impacted by injury for so long.
I wish him well

Came across this fascinating interactive map that shows where all the VFL/AFL players came from. Zoom in on an area, pick a team and a box pops up giving you all the players who went on to play senior footy - and the accolades they received (if any).

Do yourself a favour and spend a bit of time surfing the map - as I said, I, at least, found it fascinating. And while you do - click on the Ingleburn Magpies in Western Sydney & see who played for them as a junior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon West Coast and Gold Coast!
Hope so but I think unlikely- also great if Norths ambush Geelong at Hobart, and Sydney beat the Bulldogs, Saints win over Essendon and Adelaide win at home vs Hawthorn.

But far more importantly we need to beat Melbourne! Our top 4 fate is (substantially) in our own hands now.

Came across this fascinating interactive map that shows where all the VFL/AFL players came from. Zoom in on an area, pick a team and a box pops up giving you all the players who went on to play senior footy - and the accolades they received (if any).

Do yourself a favour and spend a bit of time surfing the map - as I said, I, at least, found it fascinating. And while you do - click on the Ingleburn Magpies in Western Sydney & see who played for them as a junior.
Dustin Martin I am guessing.

This Bombers demise is glorious.

Saw a clip earlier this week from a radio panel discussion from only a bit over a month ago and someone (can’t remember who) was saying - Isn’t it good, we’re going to have a top 4 with three of the biggest Victorian clubs in the top 4. Hasn’t happened for years. Carlton, Essendon & Collingwood. Great for footy in Melbourne.

Yeah, that aged well.🤣🤣🤣

Hoping for a Tigers/Swans/Crows trifecta today.
And the round so far has been mixed for us - Carlton and Essendon lost. However, Brisbane, Fremantle and Geelong all won - this was as expected though. But far more importantly we won, and as long as we win 3 of our last 4 games we should make the top 4, given the even nature of the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back