Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s be honest, it’s only the precious top 10-15 VIC metro players that have this attitude probably because they’ve had parents, family, friends, coaches, schools telling them how special they are and pandering to their every need that they’ve developed this level of entitlement. The example on this topic when discussing this with people I know is the Ryan Lester / Noah Answerth type player that basically would’ve gone undrafted if they were so precious and special like these top rated kids with this attitude but I agree with your point.
It’s not confined to the top 15 odd players, or to Victoria either.

It’s not confined to the top 15 odd players, or to Victoria either.
The top picks are undoubtedly the more common though - guys who are comfortable that they've got a number of options and know they're getting picked. Once you start getting out of the top 20, you get into guys that are more just interested in getting drafted.

However the moment they show promise you can guarantee one or more clubs will be in their ears talking up their "homesickness".

Wouldn’t make any changes to the current system in place at the Lions.
It is working just fine!
We were close to losing Lohmann last year due to home sickness, sooooo glad he stuck around and gave it another shot.
I think it would have been pivotal re Kai's decision to stay how well we are run and how welcoming the club is at the moment... Fagan and co have fostered an elite environment to thrive on and off the football field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back