Norf want another handout

Remove this Banner Ad

Your posturing would have more credibility of Geelong's rescue from the brink of insolvency wasn't based on
a) the CEO begging the bank to write off a multi-million $ debt, at someone else's expense
b) a Geelong-supporting Premier autocratically gifting the club a much improved/expanded home ground, at taxpayers' expense.

What exactly did YOU do to get Geelong out of the financial mire? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jacko Jacko Jacko

Well mate let me give you an insight to what both myself and many of my fellow Geelong mates actually did in our time of need.

Rattled Tins
Donated Money at club fund raisers
Purchased Raffle Tickets
Upgraded our Memberships

And You?

Took up your normal position on Bigfooty

&

Blamed everyone other than Norf for your club's troubles
Blamed the AFL
Blamed the Fixture
Blamed Etihad
Blamed Opposition Supporters for not turning up
Blamed the TV stations

Norf Supporters Just Keep on Blaming

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jacko Jacko Jacko

Well mate let me give you an insight to what both myself and many of my fellow Geelong mates actually did in our time of need.

Rattled Tins
Purchased Raffle Tickets
Upgraded our Memberships

And You?

&

Blamed the AFL
Blamed the Fixture
Blamed Etihad
Blamed the TV stations

Or like jamie dumbass they seek help from their "friends"

Jacko Jacko Jacko

Rattled Tins
Purchased Raffle Tickets
Upgraded our Memberships
Right, cause Geelong are the only group of supporters that do this...

Norf have no shame and no self respect

truth.jpg

Jacko Jacko Jacko

Rattled Tins
Purchased Raffle Tickets
Upgraded our Memberships

And You?

&

Blamed the AFL
Blamed the Fixture
Blamed Etihad
Blamed the TV stations

As usual, I'm just not sure if you are just trolling or really are that stupid.

On what basis do you assume that I don't support my club? I've purchased an upgraded membership, have been a member for 40 years, I buy raffle tickets every year.......I'm not sure how you imagine that doing the same (allegedly along with some 'mates', which is stretching credibility) makes your efforts to support your club more worthy than mine.

But we both know the REAL reason Geelong is better off financially than North is
a) the stadium deal gifted to Geelong by a Premier who looked after the team he followed
b) the CEO begging the bank to write off the debt

What did you and your alleged mates tin-rattling have to do with that?

As for your dimwitted whingeing about North supposedly whingeing about the fixture, stadium deals etc : they are real issues, whether you like it or not.

Now Jacko

What's really interesting is the attitude to Norf by Vlad

You should check out the pod casts on both SEN and then later on MMM.

Vlad dissed Norf completely on SEN and said that it wouldn't help Norf even if they were given more Friday night games and more prime time opportunities.

Then later on MMM the way that JB rolled over to Vlad was joke.
Your president had a golden chance to take Vlad to task over Norfs poor state of affairs, but his silence was deafening.

Oh and by the way, the catters had put their affairs in order long before Bracksey and Big Ted chose to invest wisely at the cattery.

Then later on MMM the way that JB rolled over to Vlad was joke.
Your president had a golden chance to take Vlad to task over Norfs poor state of affairs, but his silence was deafening.
Blahblahblah...........nice attempt at deflection.

I'll repeat, what did your claimed fund-raising efforts (with your alleged 'mates') do to fix Geelong's financial woes, compared to the generosity of the club's bank and the largesse of Steve Bracks? Bugger all, which is why you ignored the question.

As for Brayshaw & Demetriou : you don't see how silly you look when you whinge about North suposedly whingeing all the time, then whinge about Brayshaw not taking the opportunity to whinge to Demetriou on the radio? :D

Blahblahblah...........nice attempt at deflection.

I'll repeat, what did your claimed fund-raising efforts (with your alleged 'mates') do to fix Geelong's financial woes, compared to the generosity of the club's bank and the largesse of Steve Bracks? Bugger all, which is why you ignored the question.

As for Brayshaw & Demetriou : you don't see how silly you look when you whinge about North suposedly whingeing all the time, then whinge about Brayshaw not taking the opportunity to whinge to Demetriou on the radio? :D

The joke is that JB has been put back in his box by Vlad.
He's been told that in order to keep picking up the bread crumbs that Eddie spoke about he needs to toe the line.
"truly an inspiring president"

Oh and in answer to your "trump question" (pathetic question) it seems that Geelongs membership, sponsorship, crowds, and television ratings has grown and grown since our days of financial concern.
Have you ever heard of the saying:

"many hands make light work". ??
I wouldn't expect so!
The Geelong community got to work and "helped save our club.

Norf on the other hand?

Your membership, sponsorship, crowds, and television ratings are slowing going the way of the Dodo.

Anything else? :D :D
Vlad doesnt rate Norf, just like the rest of the AFL public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The joke is that JB has been put back in his box by Vlad.
He's been told that in order to keep picking up the bread crumbs that Eddie spoke about he needs to toe the line.
"truly an inspiring president"

Oh and in answer to your "trump question" (pathetic question) it seems that Geelongs membership, sponsorship, crowds, and television ratings has grown and grown since our days of financial concern.
Have you ever heard of the saying:

"many hands make light work". ??
I wouldn't expect so!
The Geelong community got to work and "helped save our club.

Norf on the other hand?

Your membership, sponsorship, crowds, and television ratings are slowing going the way of the Dodo.

Anything else? :D :D
Vlad doesnt rate Norf, just like the rest of the AFL public.
Still trolling, still making very little sense. And still avoiding the point that Geelong's financial rescue was based (according to Frank Costa) on asking the bank to write off a multi-million dollar debt, a gesture that inevitably came at someone else's expense. So spare us the sanctimonious crap about the 'Geelong community' doing all the hard yards. As for membership and crowds growing, no doubt that's had a lot to do with having a strong team over the last 5 years.....enjoy it while it lasts.

North's membership has increased significantly since 2007, our sponsors are on board. Our crowds and ratings will increase as our team startes to perform better, too.

You can talk as much drivel as you like, North are here to stay. If you don't like it..........so much the better. :)

Still trolling, still making very little sense. And still avoiding the point that Geelong's financial rescue was based (according to Frank Costa) on asking the bank to write off a multi-million dollar debt, a gesture that inevitably came at someone else's expense. So spare us the sanctimonious crap about the 'Geelong community' doing all the hard yards. As for membership and crowds growing, no doubt that's had a lot to do with having a strong team over the last 5 years.....enjoy it while it lasts.

North's membership has increased significantly since 2007, our sponsors are on board. Our crowds and ratings will increase as our team startes to perform better, too.

You can talk as much drivel as you like, North are here to stay. If you don't like it..........so much the better. :)

Seriously

Is this all who've got?

No wonder your club is in as much trouble as it is

Only a fool would think the 2007 Gold Coast bribe would have secured the future of the North Melbourne Football Club.
Keep living in fairy land because the AFL can not keep propping up Norths forever. I see one of two things happening if you can't start working towards support yourself as a club. a) folding b) merging with another club.

Every time Hawthorn plays Norths at your ground and we up in the nosebleeds I look down and think were are all the Norths supporters it looks half dead down there. Must look shocking on TV with empty seats everywhere.

AFL is all about the money now and they will want a return on their investment. What return has Norths given the AFL for all the money they have pumped into that club?

Keep living in fairy land because the AFL can not keep propping up Norths forever. I see one of two things happening if you can't start working towards support yourself as a club. a) folding b) merging with another club.

Every time Hawthorn plays Norths at your ground and we up in the nosebleeds I look down and think were are all the Norths supporters it looks half dead down there. Must look shocking on TV with empty seats everywhere.

AFL is all about the money now and they will want a return on their investment. What return has Norths given the AFL for all the money they have pumped into that club?
Experts like you have been predicting North's 'inevitable' demise for 15 years or more, funny how 15 years of being wrong doesn't seem to bother any of you. :rolleyes:

What does North give the AFL, you ask? How about ensuring 8 games a round (9 from next year) that can be sold to the broadcasters? A tenant club that ensures the AFL delivers on its deal with Etihad which will see the AFL (ie every club) take ownership of the ground?

Not to mention the club's history as a competitive club on the field, and one prepared to take risks off the field, such as developing Friday nights when no other club wanted to touch that timeslot.

You skew the figures as much as anyone Jacko. Every Mellbourne based team (Port- lol) have increased membership from 2007. But Norf are the only team that's decreased significantly from 2008 - the beginning of Mugabe's reign.

Norf attendance is well down from 2007 and your financial state is just as, if not more so, perilous.

Norf are nervous. Mugabe can only hide the books for so long.

You skew the figures as much as anyone Jacko. Every Mellbourne based team (Port- lol) have increased membership from 2007. But Norf are the only team that's decreased significantly from 2008 - the beginning of Mugabe's reign.
Talk about skewing the figures. :eek: I'll assume you're taking the piss, I sincerly hope you aren't THAT thick.

Blind Freddy knows that North got an artificial boost in memberships in 2008. (BF is full of flogs declaring they personally bought 500 sympathy memberships each).

In round figures (and I'm going from memory), North's membership was 22k in 07, 32 in 08, 30 in 09, 28 in 10 and 30 in 11. Take starting point 2007, when the club was apparently set to go to the GC, and was run by a Board that was happy to comply, and compare with this year's membership, and you have a fair picture of the Brayshaw-led Board's success in getting North back on track since the end of 2007, ie from 22k to 30k members.

Talk about skewing the figures. :eek: I'll assume you're taking the piss, I sincerly hope you aren't THAT thick.

Blind Freddy knows that North got an artificial boost in memberships in 2008. (BF is full of flogs declaring they personally bought 500 sympathy memberships each).

In round figures (and I'm going from memory), North's membership was 22k in 07, 32 in 08, 30 in 09, 28 in 10 and 30 in 11. Take starting point 2007, when the club was apparently set to go to the GC, and was run by a Board that was happy to comply, and compare with this year's membership, and you have a fair picture of the Brayshaw-led Board's success in getting North back on track since the end of 2007, ie from 22k to 30k members.

Mugabe and his board have not met one single financial goal they've set in this time.

In 2005/2006 both the Dees and Norf had membership about 24,000. Dees have consistently posted a substantial increase each year up to nearly 37,000 this year (not only one year from sympathy memberships) and have become debt free.

They're the sort of results you should aim for. The Mugabe apologists stick by him because he "saved" your club from relocating/merging but since then his results have been very poor. Just as you wouldn't accept mediocrity from your team - you shouldn't accept it from your board.

Norf are far from "back on track" unless that track is a broken rollercoaster at an old dated fairground teetering on the edge of closure.

Mugabe and his board have not met one single financial goal they've set in this time.

In 2005/2006 both the Dees and Norf had membership about 24,000. Dees have consistently posted a substantial increase each year up to nearly 37,000 this year (not only one year from sympathy memberships) and have become debt free.

They're the sort of results you should aim for. The Mugabe apologists stick by him because he "saved" your club from relocating/merging but since then his results have been very poor. Just as you wouldn't accept mediocrity from your team - you shouldn't accept it from your board.

Norf are far from "back on track" unless that track is a broken rollercoaster at an old dated fairground teetering on the edge of closure.
North's board made a conscious decision to defer eliminating debt, in favour of boosting football dept. spending.

So far, we haven't made the 8 under Scott. But we haven't lost to anyone by 30 goals, either.

North's board made a conscious decision to defer eliminating debt, in favour of boosting football dept. spending.

So far, we haven't made the 8 under Scott. But we haven't lost to anyone by 30 goals, either.

The "deferring" debt elimination came after they'd failed to meet their targets. You know this. It's a smokescreen to keep the fans at bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norf want another handout

Remove this Banner Ad

Back