Danny Frawley, MMM
Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Brown

Dermott Brereton, SEN 1116
Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas

Martin Blake, The Age
Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Jolly

Stan Alves, ABC
Sidebottom, Ball, Jolly

Find it a bit odd that there's 3 St.Kilda supporters on that panel Alves, Frawley and Blake.

AFL would have left themselves open for a beating if an odd decision was given.

Stan Alves gave Luke Ball 2nd best, wtf was he on?

I thought Ball was good.

As I said before the only name out of place there is Swan imo.

I thought Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Thomas, Goddard, Macaffer, Jolly, Brown, Shaw, Gwilt, Hayes and Ball were all better than Swan.

Problem with guys like Dermie (and Lloyd) is that want to be seen as these great analysts so they pull $hit out of their a$$ and go for these convoluted answers to justify them to stand out from everyone else.
Sort of the ways the umpires hand Judd 3 votes every time he shanks the ball

Find it a bit odd that there's 3 St.Kilda supporters on that panel Alves, Frawley and Blake.
Frawley was an assistant coach at Collingwood for years, Alves as a former coach knows how to watch the game impartially and make decisions. I am more worried at Brereton getting a decision.

Ball only receiving one judge's votes is my question about the voting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, Pendles was a worthy winner, but I thought Sidebottom was the one creating havoc today, 25 touches and 2 goals as well as a couple of goal assists, I was a bit surprised he didn't take the medal, I guess it is a midfielder's medal these days and Pendles was def the best midfielder on the ground

Jolly smashed them. Easily the most influential player when the game was just about about won in first half and then iced in first 10 minutes of Q3.

Don't get me wrong, Pendles was a worthy winner, but I thought Sidebottom was the one creating havoc today, 25 touches and 2 goals as well as a couple of goal assists, I was a bit surprised he didn't take the medal, I guess it is a midfielder's medal these days and Pendles was def the best midfielder on the ground

Agree mate, I thought Sidey was BOG. Certainly had the most affect on the game when it counted.

I thought Ball was good.

As I said before the only name out of place there is Swan imo.

I thought Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Thomas, Goddard, Macaffer, Jolly, Brown, Shaw, Gwilt, Hayes and Ball were all better than Swan.

Agreed - I reckon Goddard, Gwilt and Hayes deserve at least a modicum of recognition, regardless of being on the losing side.

Hayes definitely not, how could anyone think he was in the best three? Great player - yes, great game - no. A bit of talk about Gwilt but I am not feeling it, the bad plays like running it out of defence and hand passing to a stationary player stick in my mind. Goddard could have got a vote or two but when the margin is that lopsided, it is a lot harder to say a player had a significant impact on the game.

Luke Ball - no! Turned it over and really didn't do much until junk time.

Swan - how on earth you could vote for him, he was ok but nothing more.

Daisy Thomas - beaten head to head by Dal Santo especially in the first half

Goddard - was BOG at half time so surely could sneak 1 vote here and there

Players I considered worthy of votes: Pendlebury, Jolly, Shaw, Sidebottom, Brown, Goddard, Gwilt, Wellingham. Sam Fisher was in line for a vote until he got injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norm Smith II Voting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back