Norm Smith Medal Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

No point. Chapman was by FAR the best player on the ground in last years Grand Final. Norm Smith was a legend of the game with ten premierships. I think he'd be rolling in his grave if he knew what a joke this award has become. Worse than the Brownlow now. Chris Judd in 05, Buchanan was not only the best on ground, he won the game in the last quarter for them with a massive smother on the wing and a goal.

Chapman was much better the the AFL's love child Steve 'look at me' Johnson.

Others- Buckley(joke), Shaun Hart(but Aker was good all day and kicked the winning goals)

Embley I can handle. He played a decent game.

When they take into consideration the entire four quarters including the final 15 minutes I'll car again for this award!

SORRY GUYS, UM...MOONEY FOR ME, HE'LL KICK SIX!
I couldn't split Chapman and Johnson last year, and I thought Scarlett was next in line.

From those odds for 08, I like Chapman, Selwood and Scarlett again. Wouldn't risk losing the $$ by placing money on the Saints or Dogs as even if they do win the prelim, they'll still be underdogs for the Granny.

LOL @ Cameron Stokes having shorter odds than Riewoldt.
It's official Cameron Stokes > Riewoldt :D.

But seriously, even though it's more likely that Hawthorn makes the G.F, Riewoldt should be higher than Stokes as the chances of St Kilda making the G.F with Riewoldt winning the Norm Smith are a lot higher than Hawthorn making it with Stokes winning it.

:confused: I'm confused, surely this is a mistake. (Riewoldt could even win it in a losing side if he pulled off a David Hale, he can't play as bad as he did against Taylor in the 1st QF)

Shaun Hart(but Aker was good all day and kicked the winning goals)
This is a joke right? IRRC Aker only got 14 - 15 possies and kicked 2 goals for the game. Shaun Hart on the other hand got a equal game high 23 Disposals, worked hard all day and his Disposal was Flawless each time (Except for that one he kicked out on the full). Only Nigel Lappin (23 Disposals, 2 goals) & Michael Voss (23 Disposals, 1 Goal) rivaled Hart for the Norm Smith that day.

I Think you might be getting Aker's performance in 2003 (20 disposals, 5 goals) mixed up with his 2001 performance.

P.S. Most of these stas are IIRC.

I don't know if they play Geelong Taylor has had his measure twice in two games.

But didn't you know that we also had Harley, Scarlett, Milburn and the front row of the cheersquad playing on Riewoldt as well? Wasn't only Taylor. :rolleyes:

I think I'll do the following, though I'm not sure whether the TAB allows these kinds of bets:

Selwood for NS into Geelong winning.
Selwood for NS into Bartel/Corey/Lewis/Young most possessions.
Selwood for NS into Geelong winning into Bartel/Corey/Lewis/Young most possessions.
Geelong winning into Bartel/Corey/Lewis/Young most possessions.

I think I'll do the following, though I'm not sure whether the TAB allows these kinds of bets:

Selwood for NS into Geelong winning into Bartel/Corey/Lewis/Young most possessions.

Of course you can, I would wait to do the Geelong winning one though as the favourite tend to drift closer to the games with people wanting to back the underdogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you can, I would wait to do the Geelong winning one though as the favourite tend to drift closer to the games with people wanting to back the underdogs.
I can? So there is no interdependency issues? I'm just thinking the winner of the match has an impact on the winner of the medal, and the possessions may have an effect on the Norm Smith as well. Good call on the win though, might go down tomorrow afternoon :thumbsu:.

I can? So there is no interdependency issues? I'm just thinking the winner of the match has an impact on the winner of the medal, and the possessions may have an effect on the Norm Smith as well. Good call on the win though, might go down tomorrow afternoon :thumbsu:.

Absolutely no issue at all, as you are still taking the chance. For example if you went with Selwood and Geelong and then Hawthorn got up (shudder to even think of this) it would affect both your bets, works both ways.

Absolutely no issue at all, as you are still taking the chance. For example if you went with Selwood and Geelong and then Hawthorn got up (shudder to even think of this) it would affect both your bets, works both ways.

Wrong mate, you can't multi selwood into geelong.

$5 on Sewell at $23

A question on accumulator bets, can i put anything i want on them? ie most disposals > norm smith > margin bet > Nrl/afl double

According to a graphic Channel 7 just put up, Joel Selwood has been backed in from $13 to $8.50 second favourite at the TAB :eek::(.

$5 on Buddy, Joel Corey, Cyril, Mark Williams and Stevie J

anyone else get on Cyril & Mark Williams? for a 5 buck bet on cyril or williams you get $170 back:eek: (if hawthorn get up i reckon williams/cyril could kick 5 or 6 and run riot)

Remove this Banner Ad

Norm Smith Medal Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back