North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

The Donald side which contained Sal Hassan, Peter Shepherd, Paul Sheehan, Geoff Berry was one of the best sides to be seen back in 2002/3. If anything this league has gone down since then so not too sure what your going by? Also Wyche and Saints sides in 98,99,2000 would give most sides an absolute hiding from the last few years.

Don't forget Corey Ward, absolute monster.

Probably never happened but as its the case with most leagues it shouldn't matter. It just highlights the fact there isn't much depth in our league anymore

North Central league is one of the more even leagues in the state just from following the paper. Anyone this year (bar perhaps Whychy, but even they had some promising games) had a chance to beat anyone and the scores were generally quite close.

No I don't agree. The reason why most of the local talent has improved is due to the fact there is probably less money around over the last few years so clubs have had to persist with them.

Many of the teams from '98 to '02 were very strong with Wyche and StArnaud early on then Birchip and Donald later. All the teams were full of League medallists. Players like McLean, Needs, Martin, Tully, Wallace, Hassan, Sheehan, Ryan's, Baxter just to name a few.

While the league has become more even, as it was quite possible for a team sitting second to be beaten by team sitting second last (something the Burners achieved this year by beating Birchip). Whereas the quality and depth overall has dropped away considerably, just look at Inter-League, when did we last win a match?

We can't bring the interleague into this argument as most would agree i think.....
There is no doubt the league must have been strong in those years you have mentioned however as i stated the league is definitely moving in the right direction from 2003 to present, standard wise.
Maybe my call of Boort and Donald shaping up to Kerang and Balranald was a big call however i do feel that any of the top 4 this year would have given finals a shake in CMFL... Especially Boort and Donald.
I have played in both leagues and found that this year, most games, were very similar standard to CMFL. Thoughts?

North Central league is one of the more even leagues in the state just from following the paper. Anyone this year (bar perhaps Whychy, but even they had some promising games) had a chance to beat anyone and the scores were generally quite close.
Wyche were never in the hunt to win a game! Lucky to beat the Burners earlier in the year

We can't bring the interleague into this argument as most would agree i think.....
There is no doubt the league must have been strong in those years you have mentioned however as i stated the league is definitely moving in the right direction from 2003 to present, standard wise.
Maybe my call of Boort and Donald shaping up to Kerang and Balranald was a big call however i do feel that any of the top 4 this year would have given finals a shake in CMFL... Especially Boort and Donald.
I have played in both leagues and found that this year, most games, were very similar standard to CMFL. Thoughts?
So you only judging this year because Boort had a good year and you played in it? Maybe if you played in Charlton's side the last 3-4 years (two premierships) you might have them above Boort!

It would be fair to say the Charlton, Donald, Wyche (maybe even Wedderburn) have had better sides in the last 3 years especially alot more depth than this year. Charlton did very well considering Andrews played on one leg for most of the year. Where would Boort be if they lost Picoane?

As it seemed to me alot of fringe/reserves players were regular senior players this year in the good sides like Donald, Boort and Charlton with the clubs relying on one or two players to get them over the line. I don't believe this was the case a year or two ago, there were alot more balanced sides.

Wyche were never in the hunt to win a game! Lucky to beat the Burners earlier in the year

You are pertty much repeating what I said. They had SOME promising games. They had a win and there were a couple of other games where they were right there at 3/4 time and didn't lose by much! I'm going to call you Captain Negativity from now on!

Cya Captain!

You are pertty much repeating what I said. They had SOME promising games. They had a win and there were a couple of other games where they were right there at 3/4 time and didn't lose by much! I'm going to call you Captain Negativity from now on!

Cya Captain!
Well name the games (Not sure whether you saw them or not but I'm guessing you have, to be able say they were right in a game up until 3/4 time) and I'm sure the Wyche faithful will happily post their thoughts.

as for him having to see them, scores are posted on the VCFL site, qtr by qtr...so it can be picked up from there no worries

as for him having to see them, scores are posted on the VCFL site, qtr by qtr...so it can be picked up from there no worries
You can read into a game by just reading the Qtr By Qtr scores?

I think it may go to show just how knowledgeable on footy you are MOR

no, but you can "see if a side is right in it at 3qtr time" by reading the scores.... and you can also see their margin.... which is the EXACT terms that KingRich used...

:thumbsdown: @ Captain Negativity

(thats catchy rich :) )

You can read into a game by just reading the Qtr By Qtr scores?

I think it may go to show just how knowledgeable on footy you are MOR

You can quite easily judge how close they got judging by the scores Captain. The local rag I get has qtr by qtr scores so that is how I know but if you really insist I will go back through the games now and pick out 1-2 others aside from there win to back up my point.

Then once I have done that (looking into my crystal ball) you will make another negative comment being the captain that you are! Have not seen a game as I said earlier I follow the scores in the paper!

Ohhh, by the way, the Transfers have been cleared from the VCFL site, and as far as i know, players can start putting their clearances in...things usually start heating up by late dec/early Jan.

Captain please note their win in Round 2 against Wedderburn as previously discussed.

Round 9
St. Arnaud 8.5 (53) vWyche-Narraport 7.9 (51)

Not a bad effort there

Round 18
Wyche-Narraport 2.0 2.1 0.0 0.4 (4.5) v» Charlton 5.1 2.4 3.4 8.3 (18.12) Wycheproof TBA
Charlton kicked away in the end but they were half competitive until the final quarter.

My point was that they put together some promising games as highlighted above, not many granted, but I never claimed they did.

All other sides in the comp could beat other sides on their day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohhh, by the way, the Transfers have been cleared from the VCFL site, and as far as i know, players can start putting their clearances in...things usually start heating up by late dec/early Jan.

I thought transfers didn't open until Feb?? When do they start appearing on the VCFL sites??

Captain please note their win in Round 2 against Wedderburn as previously discussed.

Round 9

Not a bad effort there

Ahh yes, the game in the lake!

Round 9

Not a bad effort there

Round 18
Wyche-Narraport 2.0 2.1 0.0 0.4 (4.5) v» Charlton 5.1 2.4 3.4 8.3 (18.12) Wycheproof TBA
Charlton kicked away in the end but they were half competitive until the final quarter.

My point was that they put together some promising games as highlighted above, not many granted, but I never claimed they did.

Your a w*nker!! How could you possibly be able to state all this by not ever seeing a game. At least we know your views don't have much substance in them and well MOR's not far behind if he's actually agreeing with you. Anyone out there agree?

Lets say a team won 1 game for the year, but lost 5 of their games by a margin below 10 points.... thats shows some promising signs.......

and you dont need to be at the ground to know that they lost by only 10pts or less..... therefore you dont need to be there to realise that there are promising signs

i agree smasher. the difference IMO being the bottom 5 or so players in Donald and Boorts sides this year were no where near as good as the bottom 5 players that wyche and st araund had back then.

have to agree here mate st. arnaud had clinton mc intyre and steve biggin in the twos, both very good footballers.

if you had a brain mate you would realise they are joking and taking the piss out of cam byrne... everyone knows he's no good. think he doesnt even play anymore

so the boy isnt a gun but not many of us are. had a kick and a few beers with him and is a good bloke, footy isnt everything.

so the boy isnt a gun but not many of us are. had a kick and a few beers with him and is a good bloke, footy isnt everything.

No worries exstar your obviously a boort bloke . Will you be back next year? I hear a few departues! C ruts, r ruts, picioane bros . Willo. . You guys are in deep poo wit out them!

No worries exstar your obviously a boort bloke . Will you be back next year? I hear a few departues! C ruts, r ruts, picioane bros . Willo. . You guys are in deep poo wit out them!

Unless your troy aikmen i'd shut the fuc up . .no sir lance or rutley bros! But they have a stalwart by the name of barty that can carry the boort torch hi!

Your a w*nker!! How could you possibly be able to state all this by not ever seeing a game. At least we know your views don't have much substance in them and well MOR's not far behind if he's actually agreeing with you. Anyone out there agree?

Ah great responce Captain! You said that they didn't get near it other than the game against the Burn and I have shown you they have. You dont have to watch any games to pull a bunch of scores off a website Captain you just need half a brain.

My position was stated when I posted my comment that "from following the scores in the paper" the league seems very even, aside from Whyche who were promising in a couple of games. Captain Negativity......

Ah great responce Captain! You said that they didn't get near it other than the game against the Burn and I have shown you they have. You dont have to watch any games to pull a bunch of scores off a website Captain you just need half a brain.

My position was stated when I posted my comment that "from following the scores in the paper" the league seems very even, aside from Whyche who were promising in a couple of games. Captain Negativity......
Well I think you should maybe watch a few games next year before judging the state of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back