North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Would you 2 please stop pussy footing around and filling this thread with utter tripe!!!
Maybe you can both comment on who you think will be the most improved player for season 07??
I'm tipping the kid from Charlton - Thiesz I think he is, played some good footy against Boort this year and he think he might be ready to step up a bit....

Would you 2 please stop pussy footing around and filling this thread with utter tripe!!!
Maybe you can both comment on who you think will be the most improved player for season 07??
I'm tipping the kid from Charlton - Thiesz I think he is, played some good footy against Boort this year and he think he might be ready to step up a bit....
Riley Koops definately for me! Class above most kids.

Don't really know how to class 'Most Improved' as most of the people chosen have never been given much of a chance (hence the reason many juniors are picked!). From this year Wilson from Boort improved a hell of alot, Boe Bish from Wyche carved it up (not sure whether he'd played on ball much previous to this year) but I'll stick with Koops after just coming out of juniours

Maybe KingRich can tell us what he thinks, he just has to read who's kicking the goals and getting the awards from each club to know

Don't really know how to class 'Most Improved' as most of the people chosen have never been given much of a chance (hence the reason many juniors are picked!). From this year Wilson from Boort improved a hell of alot, Boe Bish from Wyche carved it up (not sure whether he'd played on ball much previous to this year) but I'll stick with Koops after just coming out of juniours

Wilson has always had a lot of potential and this year was an absolute star playing injured for 90% of the games!! No wonder Geelong have snatched this young superstar. An absolute gun of a bloke off the field as well. Hope he still plays a couple of games with Boort next year!!

Wilson has always had a lot of potential and this year was an absolute star playing injured for 90% of the games!! No wonder Geelong have snatched this young superstar. An absolute gun of a bloke off the field as well. Hope he still plays a couple of games with Boort next year!!

yeah wilson trains on VB to so with a good pre season at geelong the kid could do anything.
as for most improved ben brennan from wyche will improve if he is able to get some more quality players around him as he played well this yr for a 17 yr old in a struggling side

ahhh yes the ginger ninja sure can turn it on! especially off the footy field wit the ladies!

im thinking along the lines of Torin Petrie, he has made the step to a quality youngster, i feel its time to take the next step... other than him, names like Koops, Brennan, maybe even Jeremy Mills if he put a bit more effort on the track (from what ive heard) come to mind

So you can't give us your view on who would be most improved this year?

Captain you are quite slow so I will go over this again. I follow the league in the paper as I play in another league. Did not see one game this year but saw one last year. Know a few people that play in the league. That is the extent of my knowledge of this league.......... Please keep up.

Captain you are quite slow so I will go over this again. I follow the league in the paper as I play in another league. Did not see one game this year but saw one last year. Know a few people that play in the league. That is the extent of my knowledge of this league.......... Please keep up.
I know that KingRich so the reason I ask, is who the 'Most Improved' for you is from reading the paper? Or is it due to the fact you probably couldn't even name four players from each side but you still have an excellent opinion of our league! Go back to whatever thread you were posting on originally.

I know that KingRich so the reason I ask, is who the 'Most Improved' for you is from reading the paper? Or is it due to the fact you probably couldn't even name four players from each side but you still have an excellent opinion of our league! Go back to whatever thread you were posting on originally.

Just made a passing comment that I think the North Central is a very even and competitive league judging from the close scores and ability of all sides to push each other. You are dumb as a post Captain!

Just made a passing comment that I think the North Central is a very even and competitive league judging from the close scores and ability of all sides to push each other. You are dumb as a post Captain!

as a "Posts" representative to the United Nations, i am deeply appauled at your comment KingRich.... your comment "You are as Dumb as a Post" is a direct insult to us posts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just thought i'd pop my head in to straighten out this thread. Smasher... Rich, Let it go.

Smasher, i'm sure you've made comment on something that you haven't seen first hand. Rich is only trying to stimulate conversation so we welcome any out of town posters to keep the thread interesting. It's actually interesting to see what people outside the league think of different issues. That way we don't just have biased opinions all day.

Jeremy Mills from wedderburn could win rising star.... But wont.

If he decides to pull his finger out (which i doubt, he'll be back at the pioneers where he tried out for last year)

Top 10 players in the league in '06:

1. Lance (Boort)
2. Andrews (Charlton)
3. C. Rutley (Boort)
4. Clarke (Donald)
5. Ryan (Birchip)
6. Nelson/A Rutley (Boort)
7. Wilkins (Donald)
8. Rose (Savs)
9. J Scambler (Birchip)
10. A. Judd (Charlton)

Pretty Rushed but think this is ok!!??
Unlucky: Leighroy, Tucker, Luke Cooney

1. Lance (Boort)
2. Andrews (Charlton)
3. C. Rutley (Boort)
4. Clarke (Donald)
5. Ryan (Birchip)
7. Wilkins (Donald)
8. Rose (Savs)
9. J Scambler (Birchip)
10. A. Judd (Charlton)

OK now your kidding yourself! Did Andrews not win the League BnF by a country mile? Easily above Picioane, as Picioane had a few more handy players around him to help!

I don't think many would disagree with me there.

Quite easy to tell who you support especially having A. Rutley at No. 5. Maybe you should have a look at a few other clubs for future reference. Leigh Funcke, A Smith, Benny DeAraugo, A Rhodes are several players that come to mind.

Smasher, what the umpires judge as the best players (Feeny Medal) doesn't have to be exactly what people base opinions around... Abletts opinion doesn't HAVE to be what you want it to be

Side Note: St Arnaud training starts Tuesday

Smasher, what the umpires judge as the best players (Feeny Medal) doesn't have to be exactly what people base opinions around... Abletts opinion doesn't HAVE to be what you want it to be

Side Note: St Arnaud training starts Tuesday
MOR, if you couldn't see from watching football this year that Andrews was the best footballer in the league this year you must be blind.

1. Lance (Boort)
2. Andrews (Charlton)
3. C. Rutley (Boort)
4. Clarke (Donald)
5. Ryan (Birchip)
7. Wilkins (Donald)
8. Rose (Savs)
9. J Scambler (Birchip)
10. A. Judd (Charlton)

Good post. Think its very tough to split Lance/Andrews for the #1 spot. Probably daylight to third in any case though.
Was Judd's year that good? Saw him play some good games and some bad.
Was Rose Wedderburn's best for the year?
Agree with smasher, Rhodes would be pushing for it. Presumably "Leighroy" is Leigh Picioane, but Leigh Funcke would also be close.
The games I saw A Rutley play were very good, was he consistently good the whole way through?

Who was the best, in your opinion, is irrelevant to who other people were the best... no matter who got the Medals at the end of the year... and if you want to get technical, there are 21 medals that really count...and neither Picioane nor Andrews have it

If anyone could choose one player to have in their side, I think most would have Andrews.

Good post. Think its very tough to split Lance/Andrews for the #1 spot. Probably daylight to third in any case though.
Was Judd's year that good? Saw him play some good games and some bad.
Was Rose Wedderburn's best for the year?
Agree with smasher, Rhodes would be pushing for it. Presumably "Leighroy" is Leigh Picioane, but Leigh Funcke would also be close.
The games I saw A Rutley play were very good, was he consistently good the whole way through?

Just put it out there lads, obviously up for debate.
Judd i think had a consistent year but yeah he prob could drop out.
Rose i rate pretty high because he has been consistent but yes DeAraugo could probably be in his place. Leigh Funcke up there as well.
A Rutley was the most consistent player for Boort for the year.
I would like to see yours Smash, and others??!!
I guess MOR Brearley could have been in it as well but couldnt justify having him ahead of my top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back