North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Have been chatting to a number of Birchip fellers of the w/e and they informed me that someone rang Robbie lee sayin it was Boe Bish whioch is believable as he does make alot of phone calls usually too girls tho, however the actual phone call was one of his (Lee's) mates from horsham just hangin a bit of sh!t on him, grub's intelligence i know isnt the highest but i wouldnt think he'ld be that silly,the leader of the ginger ningers is still playin good footy despite his numerous phone calls.... at all hours.

Bish? As in out Corack Road? Christians?

Punter Bet Payout Balance (11/06/2007)

Patty $20 (bir*burn*boort)@ 5.375 $107.50 ($500 + $107.50) =$607.50
Ablett $20(char*burn*boort*plugger)@ 7.488 $149.76 ($500 - $20) = $480
Smasher $20 (char*burn*boort*pudge) @32.448 $648.96 ($500-$20) = $480
Nackas $50 (birchip) @ 2.80 $140 ($500 + $140) = $640
Bakers $100 (burn) @$1.60 $160 ($500 + $160) = $660
Deledio $100 (burn*boort)@1.92 $192 ($500 + $1.92) = $692
T.Hughes $200(char * boort) @ 1.56 $312 ($500-$200) = $300

Well lads after due consideration and careful planning ive decided to give up my day job to focus on this!

Centre Bets virtual punting results following round 8 of NCFL action.

Summary

After the initial shock of not seeing the Master lay a bet on his beloved St/a centre bets began to trawl through the pages of punters ready to take place in the most fiercly contested NCFL event since the Rhodes and Picoane saga of years gone by.

Anyway not being one to open old wounds. Here's how the inaugral week of NCFL virtual punting unfolded.

Nackas and Patty snapped up the juciy odds on offer for the Bulls, and whilst ablett was able to predict perrymans bag, the navies were his stumbling block.

Deledio is leading the punting pack with a nice multi and tommy hughes has fallen way off the radar by including charlton in his multi. He'll be looking to speculate on some roughies in coming weeks. Anyway lads thats it for this week (look for next weeks odds sometime around thursday night)

Happy Punting!!

Is it fair to say that Wedderburn would struggle to win games if they didnt have Stenhouse kicking 7,8,9 or 10 goals a game. Say if he done an injury would Wedderburn beat the likes of Charlton who have 3 or 4 multiple goal kickers? Looking at the leading goal kickers for Wedderburn hes 40 goals in front of the nearest bloke.

Team v Team Location Date/Time
» Charlton 5.3 1.3 3.4 1.5 (10.15) v » Birchip Watchem 2.2 1.5 4.5 6.3 (13.15) Charlton TBA

Goals
Birchip Watchem CLIFFORD RYAN 5, ZACHARY HOLMES 3, ROBBIE LEE 1, BRADLEY RYAN 1, DARREN COLVILLE 1, JARROD HOGAN 1, JARROD TYLER 1
Charlton MARC COX 3, STEVE ENNIS 2, ANTHONY JUDD 2, LEIGH SULLIVAN 1, AARON WALKLATE 1, JAMES MCGRATH 1
Best
Birchip Watchem ROBBIE LEE, ZACHARY HOLMES, JOSHUA FORSTER, JARROD HOGAN, JACOB NOONAN, SHAN COFFEY
Charlton RICK ANDREWS, AARON WALKLATE, DANIEL THIESZ, KRISTOFFER CLIFFORD, ANTHONY JUDD, COREY O'CALLAGHAN

This was a great game of Footy! Birchip looked flat for 2 an a half quarters will Charlton seemed to have the match in control!! Rick Andrews is an absolute superstar, and although tagged through out the day, would have still had a million kicks, and a whole lotta snot over the front of him in his attempt of gettin it out jus after half time. Zac Holmes is a freak for a big fella, had 3 shots in about 5mins only gettin 1, could have easily ended up with 5 for the day! Jake Noonan would be one of the best Centre Half backs in the comp and proved his importance to the Bulls over the weekend! Great duel between Ryan and Hill with Hill lookin to take the honours early but Cliff bouncin bak in the last half! Game turned when Scambler took it upon himself to do a few run downs from behind, was inspirational for the brichip team! Clifford seemd to have a lot of the pill for Charlton also but a fantastic win by the Bulls all in all!!

well done rocco u gave credit to the redbacks and your mob was done by them high scoring game as u sed but at least saints did their fair share of goalkicking too this game

How bout ya ask "talk it up" :D

Nah, Good Crowd, Good win, he couldn't have asked for much more... He played good tactical Footy. He would have lost a foot race to (almost) every opponent, but he managed to use his head well... Good Debut by the Young Fella :thumbsu:

Redragger hit the nail on the head... another big scoring loss by the saints.. 45 goals scored..... only this time, 40 or so weren't to the opposition (re vs boort last year)

We played 2 quarters of reasonable footy (first quarter, part of the 2nd, and part of the last) and thats not enough to win a game. Missing Gifford, Moerman, Ciurleo hurt, but given that, Sammy Coloe played well on Ben Rose. and losing Wilson after a knock to the head early on didn't help. Fithall with a foot injury, and Coloe played most the last quarter with quite a limp...anyhow... the Saints are on the improve, and good things are to come :)

PS... Stenhouse is a freak! got 10 goals... only 3 of them were due to good Delivery from the Midfield.. from what i remember, 2 from free's... and 5 which he just pulled a mark out of the hat. Good on him! one Talented Unit!

Off topic.... How many "tipped" Perryman to be the top scorer for the weekend!?
CHO CHO All aboard the Stenhouse train!!!!!!!! MOR reading all reports form the north central the saints on saturdays game really have no answer for the big machine! He must of got a real opportunity down there, looking at the scoreboard it must of been free flowing the burners midfield to strong for the small saints! A long way from the top sides i think their master:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Centre, did this one get over looked?

Whistle, Terrific Weekend put on by the footy club. Hats off to them. Obviously i couldn't get up for the game against the saints but from all reports it was a finals like atmosphere with huge amounts of past player looking on.

How many would you reckon were there? i'm tipping roughly 400?

Whistle, Terrific Weekend put on by the footy club. Hats off to them. Obviously i couldn't get up for the game against the saints but from all reports it was a finals like atmosphere with huge amounts of past player looking on.

How many would you reckon were there? i'm tipping roughly 400?
Was a fantastic show Pat. Great numbers there all day and most stayed for a fair part of the evening. There was thousands of stories told, moments revisited and dollars made i'm tipping. Hard one to gauge how many were there. It was packed during the game but obviously a lot were St Arnaud people, the function had a lot there too. I would think 400 isn't a bad guess.

Terrific day all round!

I noticed driving through Donald that there was an advertisement for a Big Men Fly night on the 23rd June at the Town Hall. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Intersting to note, Wedderburn had 11 goal kickers on the Weekend, puts the "Shut Stena down shut Wedderburn down" theory to rest.

Intersting to note, Wedderburn had 11 goal kickers on the Weekend, puts the "Shut Stena down shut Wedderburn down" theory to rest.

I tend to agree Talker! I think the Burn have got a number of goal kicking options. Rose and Benaim have been consistent goal kickers over their time. DeAraugo has kicked plenty and would have been 2nd in the goal kicking last year i would imagine.
And let's not forget that Polglase has kicked a tonne in a year already. You don't kick 100 goals in a year unless you know where the goals are!

This is not to mention Ritchie, Tonkin and Mills who have all showed glimpses by kicking the occasional bag.

Don't question their goal kicking ability just because one guy is a super star!

The day He doesn't play is the only time we can speculate i reckon. But lets hope that doesn't happen

Yes, but that was his first game for the season, so wouldn't you expect him to be a little bit rusty? He looked much better this week against Charlton.

Could agree footyfan... Obviously after not playing footy since last year and having his first game for a new club, new faces etc.. Seemed to prove himself alot more last week against charl... the man may as well wear a cape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back