North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Could agree footyfan... Obviously after not playing footy since last year and having his first game for a new club, new faces etc.. Seemed to prove himself alot more last week against charl... the man may as well wear a cape!

Went and had a look at Birchip/Charlton myself over the weekend. Wasn't a bad game, Birchip were beaten all day then played one quarter of good footy in the last to sneak over the line. If they can string four quarters together they will be very handy. Jezza Hayes still looked a bit rusty and will only improve as the year goes on.

Highlight: Cliffy Ryan taking a mark 2m out from goal directly infront, trying to snap it home but Hilly was onto it, Cliffy dropping the ball and a pack forming for a ball up. Pure gold.

Also, how tough did number 5 for Charlton (Clifford it may be) think he was throwing the ball at cliffy ryan when it was out of bounds. Made him look like a sook

Stenhouse spent last year at sunshine, he ended up at Wedderburn due to family connections and a financial offer no one could refuse.

Any news on how Jon Baird is going for Wedderburn as well he come from sunshine too

Stenhouse spent last year at sunshine, he ended up at Wedderburn due to family connections and a financial offer no one could refuse.

Any news on how Jon Baird is going for Wedderburn as well he come from sunshine too
Baird is probaly Wedderburn's main backman and has kept many key position players quite this year, fortunately the only backman in the comp that can Stop Stena is wearing the same jumper as him.

Baird is probaly Wedderburn's main backman and has kept many key position players quite this year, fortunately the only backman in the comp that can Stop Stena is wearing the same jumper as him.

Who played on Stena against the navy blues???

Who played on Stena against the navy blues???
The bloke Ditterich from memory. Did his knee in the third quarter though I think. I thought he did a pretty good job, although as with most weeks his job was made easier by poor delivery.

Where is Barnes playing, he was a pretty domminant chb in the bendigo league

Hey Superbowlofchips or Ablett, have you got any feedback on the report from saturday's game between Donald and Boort. I heard a Donald bloke has been booked?

Hey Superbowlofchips or Ablett, have you got any feedback on the report from saturday's game between Donald and Boort. I heard a Donald bloke has been booked?

Brett Atkin i think he is (Long hair, dreadys maybe?).
Rob and him had a bit of a dust up, Atkin was throwing haymakers, don't think many connected!!??
For the umpire to report both was a disgrace, because Robby was in the action he automatically gets reported as well...... Didn't see him throw 1 punch

Rob and him had a bit of a dust up, Atkin was throwing haymakers, don't think many connected!!??

LMAO! i made a comment to someone on saturday about this (another BF member)

And given what ive heard, this comes as no surprise lol (kinda backs my theory too)

For the umpire to report both was a disgrace, because Robby was in the action he automatically gets reported as well...... Didn't see him throw 1 punch

It does seem to be a trend that anytime 2 people are wrestling/fighting that automatically both parties are either sent of or reported no matter whether the umpire saw them throw any punches or not.
It due to the fact that the umpires want to ascert their authority and try and keep control of the situation, and with the lack of genuine quality umpires in NCFL it's probably not the worst way to handle it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From where i was watching it seemed to be brewing all day, Atkin is extremely good at sniping behind play as ive seen a fair bit of this season, if he attempted to go for the ball instead of looking to give out little clips in packs he would be alot more benefit to the club, thank god he left for a year last year as a guy like him could cost you a game of footy with his childish antics. Rutley seemed to be on the end of one and retaliated and as usual the retaliater does get reported also, and yes some of the worst haymakers ever thrown by Atkin!
Cant see where and how Donald can improve, backline is terrible Ross seems to have no interest, Ash Trollops disposle is pathetic, Beckham needs to play up he ground a bit so he can have more influence, all in all its bottomed out for donald!!

Got some odds for this round Centre??

wyche $2.90 v Charlton $1.30
brichip $1.70 v Sta. $2.30
donald $4.50 v wedd $1.05

and for those of you looking to add value to the multi.

most goals head to head

hawkins $2.10 v o'sullivan $1.80
ryan $1.30 v solyom $2.50
(jones & beckham) $2.30 v stenhouse $1.60

hope this adds a bit of variety to the punting.

cheers and good luck

most goals head to head

cheers and good luck

Give me $5 on **** Keane to double his season goals outright.this round ..... a $500 bet on Wedderburn - Birchip - Wycheproof With Ryan to kick the Most cheers Goal Square.

most goals head to head

cheers and good luck
After an extended long weekend I'm back. Interesting results on the weekend.
Birchip fired up for the clash against the Navies, which was good to see.

Poor week of punting last weekend (though the horses didn't let me down!)
Centre take this bet for me

Wyche - Hawkins - Birchip - Ryan - Wedd -- $50 @ $13.46

Wyche and Hawkins will hopefully provide me with some value.
Don't know if Stenna is quite good enough to hold out the scoring figures of the two leading Donald goalkickers.

Give me $5 on **** Keane to double his season goals outright.this round ..... a $500 bet on Wedderburn - Birchip - Wycheproof With Ryan to kick the Most cheers Goal Square.

thats the whole of your accoutn there gumboot.

the multi equals 1.05 * 1.70 * 2.90 * 1.30 = $6.729

thats the whole of your accoutn there gumboot.

the multi equals 1.05 * 1.70 * 2.90 * 1.30 = $6.729

thats alrite mkake it $200 then an chuck $20 on **** keane for his double of on his season telli, what is that paying i think a few punters would be keen to know thats all.......?

most goals head to head

cheers and good luck

Good job centre.
I'll have 50 clams Stenhouse / Hawk / StA. $50.
$50 x 1.60 x $2.10 x 2.30 = $386.40 return.

Ablett's Tips:
Wyche v Charlton
After a bit of an upset last weekend Charlton should get home against a spirited Wyche line up.
Result: Charlton by 5 goals
Prediction: Josh White to take mark of the year!

Birchip v St Arnaud
With StArnaud playing some good footy the last month and having their ball this weekend (??) I would expect them to get home in a tightly contested game.
Result: StA by 1 goal
Prediction: Robbie Lee's helmet to come off at least 4 times.

Wedderburn v Donald
Donald were missing a few last weekend and I hope they return as they were not good.
Result: Wedderburn by 15 goals
Prediction: Stenhouse a lazy 10 this week.

Cheers lads.
Enjoying the week off....

It would be interesting to get Smasher's view's on last weekends encounter against Boort??
Care to enlighten us Smasher?

Yeah Ablett, Drought Busters Ball this weekend...usually huge, and generally get a good crowd outside the footy (and Netball, and Hockey) regulars!

Re: Wedd vs Donald...

Any reason why Wedderburn can't score at the rate they did last weekend?
Can Donald match ST Arnaud's 17.11?

Im tipping a massive one for the Sav's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back