North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

few good points.. i exaggerated the issue, to make the point...

as far as that incident a few years ago goes... Did the defendant of that claim get off?

From what i remember, he didn't, THUS a precedent was set...

Why is it different now?

The issue then, was that there was "technically" no report, because the date was wrong.... and the defendant was given the big "bad luck, take it like a man"

The issue now, is that there was "technically" no report, because it was made by the wrong person... and the defendant had his hand shook, and was wished the best of luck for his game that afternoon.

I couldn't care less if the case was heard and he was found not guilty... but i feel that it should have been heard. "Rules/Precedent" is set AFTER a decision is made... not prior to a decision...

:confused: please, ROC you need to use common sense here mate.
The reason why the two similar technicalities had two different results is a decision made by the league. If the league knows of the error (the wrong date) prior to the hearing then they can, if they choose to accept the error, hear the case as per normal. Which was what happened in my case. Obviously didn't last weekend.

Safety (as far as "i feel much safer now they can report") isn't the issue... its the general theory that UMPIRES can't UMPIRE as they are supposed to, because they dont pay cash to do it!!!!

The goal umpire CAN do what they are suppose to... They are suppose to tell the trained, registered and neutral field umpire if the oval shape ball goes through the big sticks or not.

I don't like the idea of a non-neutral goal umpire having the ability to report, how often would you see a goal umpire report one of his own? (not many) whether they mean to or not the situation would be biased.

If i were given 4 weeks for an incident, by an unregistered umpire, and that contributed to 16 weeks of suspension in my career (from all levels right up to "International Rules vs Ireland") well, id be mighty ticked off!

i don't think anyone who has accumulated 16 weeks of suspension would feel ripped off by a technicality ROC.

If you made the "International Rules vs Ireland" team i'd go seconds on the Boort Magpies community Horse!:eek:

Bend It, who would be favorite to win the Donald B & F this year? Will the human hairball Dion Hawkes get any votes at all?

Bend It, who would be favorite to win the Donald B & F this year? Will the human hairball Dion Hawkes get any votes at all?

I would say the top five in the B&F would be Glenn Wyatt, Lachie Jones, Ash Trollop, Geoff Berry and probably Josh Hollis, Hawksy may get in the votes at some stage i think he was named third best in a game at Donald. I think it was against Wedderburn.

I would say the top five in the B&F would be Glenn Wyatt, Lachie Jones, Ash Trollop, Geoff Berry and probably Josh Hollis, Hawksy may get in the votes at some stage i think he was named third best in a game at Donald. I think it was against Wedderburn.

Any votes for your bag of 9 againts Birchip. Did you play saturday? I seen your name on the team sheet, but that was it.

Any votes for your bag of 9 againts Birchip. Did you play saturday? I seen your name on the team sheet, but that was it.
Are you a player ohwhen? Who are you likely to get the job on on Saturday against Wedderburn? Or perhaps more to the point, who is likely to get the job on you?

We will have to wait to see what the selectors (from each side) say... But if he comes up against who he did 7 weeks ago..., id say ohwhen will come off with a personal victory yet again.

Well i would hope that i could scrape in for a few votes in that game, but Dont think i will poll other than that game for the year, thus far hoperfully i can get a kick some at some stage in the next 4 games.

MOR still waiting to hear your thoughts on the game. One Donald was not without its chances.

Who gets Stenhouse this week Saints boys? And who gets the other tall forwards from the Burn?
Have you boys got a full squad to pick from?

whistleblower i think the question is who is going to stop solymon needs hando lloyd and the other lloyd in starnauds forward 6. if you can stop stenhouse you are a long way towards defeating wedderburn but if you stop hando you still have 3 or 4 forwards who make up what some say is the most dominant forward line in the ncfl at the moment.
usual big forward sam barnes tends to drop back into half back when tehy play starnaud, and with ben rose overseas, thats a fair bit of a step backwards. i think starnud may cause what you will veiw as an upset this week

Its been recently made obvious that Mr Stenna has quite a short circut... He seems to dislike people bugging him all day, you know, standing on the toes, bump off the ball etc etc... We just might have the right man for him ;)

McHugh is in the same boat... i still laugh when watching a recent grand final he took part of... He seems to hate people wearing him like a sock!!

I heard a whisper that Ken Round is umpiring our game this week to! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whistleblower i think the question is who is going to stop solymon needs hando lloyd and the other lloyd in starnauds forward 6. if you can stop stenhouse you are a long way towards defeating wedderburn but if you stop hando you still have 3 or 4 forwards who make up what some say is the most dominant forward line in the ncfl at the moment.
usual big forward sam barnes tends to drop back into half back when tehy play starnaud, and with ben rose overseas, thats a fair bit of a step backwards. i think starnud may cause what you will veiw as an upset this week
Interesting comments ivwana. Bit of a dent with Lockhart, D.Benaim (may be returning) and Smith both out injured. I would imagine Jon Baird will get Solyom, Barnes on Needs, Sutherland on Hando and probably Polglase and R.Benaim on the Lloyds. I think we match up ok.
Still leaves Stenhouse, Ritchie, M.Tonkin and Pearce to present in the forward line.
Interesting theories Rocco, worth a try I guess. I would suggest focusing on stopping the ball getting there would be more effective though.

Its been recently made obvious that Mr Stenna has quite a short circut... He seems to dislike people bugging him all day, you know, standing on the toes, bump off the ball etc etc... We just might have the right man for him ;)

McHugh is in the same boat... i still laugh when watching a recent grand final he took part of... He seems to hate people wearing him like a sock!!

I heard a whisper that Ken Round is umpiring our game this week to! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You should join your local gymnastics team RoC, one of the best backflips i've seen....
You've gone from wanting joe blow goal umpire to be able to report to stop dirty play behind the view of the central umpire, to inviting tactics like behind play bumps and deliberately stepping on toes. :(

You can watch as many u/16 games you want of Roh McHugh, but the fact of the matter is he's been playing the game against men in recent time, so he has developed beyond his 15yo ways. Although playing TAC Cup then VFL probably isn't good enough to prepare him for the most physical and intimidating side in the land... St Arnaud.

Does anyone from Wyche want to give a report on their game against Birchip? With their season on the line I expected them to give the Bulls a shake, not only that it was a pretty big margin which is a surprise after they just beat the Burn.

You should join your local gymnastics team RoC, one of the best backflips i've seen....
You've gone from wanting joe blow goal umpire to be able to report to stop dirty play behind the view of the central umpire, to inviting tactics like behind play bumps and deliberately stepping on toes. :(

A guy can taunt an opponent all they want... if the opponent is stupid enough to take a SNIPE then its their problem and they should be punished... instead of pussying out on a technicality!

And i never "invited" those tactics... and given that most the goal umpires in the league cant do jack about anything that they see... its going to happen!

It will be interesting to see how Charlton come back after their week off. They should be able to get some run back...but i think the list of outs will be too much for them. Im expecting a Birchip win in that one

A guy can taunt an opponent all they want... if the opponent is stupid enough to take a SNIPE then its their problem and they should be punished... instead of pussying out on a technicality!
Silly comments Roc. Stating that a parent of a player is not able to report someone on the opposition team is not "pussying out on a technicality".

Does anyone from Wyche want to give a report on their game against Birchip? With their season on the line I expected them to give the Bulls a shake, not only that it was a pretty big margin which is a surprise after they just beat the Burn.

Dont really want to but i'll have a crack. A few boys just didnt look like they were there to play senior footy, which i think has been a problem all year. when they are all on(like against the burn) they are on an can play great footy able of taking right up to any one in this comp but with such a young list, the boys are lacking that experience to back up good footy week in week out, having said that i think the boys will bounce back next week, i think we are out of the finals race but the boys will be looking at gaining a bit of respect back, to set up for 2008, Which I'm pretty sure we'll be holding on to all players, had 2 very handy possible recruits attend the game and social function that night so with a bit of luck the club can pick up a few bigger bodies an the demons can return to where they belong.. the top of the table.

Silly comments Roc. Stating that a parent of a player is not able to report someone on the opposition team is not "pussying out on a technicality".

You are stating that you think there was bias...

ok then, given that, would him being registered make any difference on the bias?

It would have removed any grounds for stenhouse to appeal...... but theres still the bias :eek::eek: Sooo........

The problem i have with the way this went down, is that guys previous have been in the same situation, and told to deal with it... Why is it different now?

It will be interesting to see how Charlton come back after their week off. They should be able to get some run back...but i think the list of outs will be too much for them. Im expecting a Birchip win in that one

what is their list of outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back