North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Walklate to Boort, over 30 at first training including Jamie pay (Wandella), chris beattie returning and 3-4 other newbies.

saw sam hawkins the other day and the "chasis' is looking in top nick expect him to be splitting the packs up forward and kicking bags of goals

A few faces missing but still had over 20 at the first training down in Demon land, with 11 of the boys pushing past ten in the beep test. Also very positive signs from a young bloke from Melbourne who was in town for JB's 18th......

4/2/2008 004340 BOYINGTON, Shane St. Arnaud 2006 > Player Lexton Plains FL > Rokewood Corindhap In Progress.
Another one gone from the saints. early days yet tho with recruits

4/2/2008 004340 BOYINGTON, Shane St. Arnaud 2006 > Player Lexton Plains FL > Rokewood Corindhap In Progress.
Another one gone from the saints. early days yet tho with recruits
Yes from my sources just another overatted player leaving St.Arnaud. Just making way from some big names to be returning to the saints for 08.

just got of the phone to a reliable source and they hinted greg clohesy, shaun burge are a big chance to put in clearance to return for the big 08? any truth?
It would of been good to see those boys run around in 03 osama83, but would have to say theri careers are finished, not doubting their ability when they were up and running.

Heard a rumour that Ben Walklate is taking a year off footy to concentrate on badminton to try to qualify for the Olympics. Anyone know if there is any truth to it? Charlton could be without both the boys this year!

Heard a rumour that there was some impressive showings at the burns training last night. Apparently some impressive times from a potential burn recruit in the 3 km time trial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumour that there was some impressive showings at the burns training last night. Apparently some impressive times from a potential burn recruit in the 3 km time trial.

Hey Gerta whos left the navy blues??? Are Hilly and Finna trying their luck in the BFL.

It is Wyche too King

Hey Gerta whos left the navy blues??? Are Hilly and Finna trying their luck in the BFL.

It is Wyche too King

Yeah i'm pretty sure Hill and Finna are on the move. Last i heard was Hill to the borough and Finna to the flat.. I think Finna's name was mentioned in the bendigo addy one day about being a recruit to the flat, so thats what i'm going on.. Will find out for sure once the clearances start getting lodged

i heard from the wife of a former navy coach, that Finlay was indeed on the move to Kangaroo Flat, and Tim Hill to the borough. i am told that ben walklate is concentrating on badminton, and i am also told that he infact has a pretty good chance. good luck to him.

My tip for the top four (Alphabetical order)

Birchip/Watchem
Boort
St. Arnaud
Wedderburn

With the Final 3 being
Charlton
Wyche
Donald
What a ridiculous Top 4 prediction - Boort and St Arnaud in there. Smoking some good stuff.

only the best :thumbsu:

with birchip, they've recruited well, and only lost cliff ryan and ben coloe at this stage, with no other confirmed outs.
Boort have aquired the services of aaron walklate, from what i am told, as well as a few from Keilor way.
St Arnaud are due, and always seem to be able to pull something off when the times right
Wedderburn have gained Fev, and apparently a strong onballer from sunshine, aswell as maintaining the services of gash, stenhouse, and the majority of their dominating side last year.
Charlton are falling in a hole rather quickly, with 2x Walklates, Finlay, Hill all gone, and Thommo forever battling his aging legs, not to mention the stepping down of Rick Andrews from the head coach position. Arguably the best coach in the league last year, especially given all the shit he had to deal with.
Wyche and donald are relatively quiet, for wyche, we know that could be disasterous for the rest of the league, and well donald, they've got a long way to go to recover the losses from the 06/07 offseason. add to this the departure of Beckham, and the rumoured departure of Hollis.

The bloke from sunshine, Stennas mate, is Rusty Douglas... and mark my words he is an absolute freak. Played with him the last 2 years and he should have won 2 league b and f's. He won the league medal last year and missed 3 or 4 games. Doesnt look a footballer but he can go. Lightning quick, goal kicking midfielder, both inside and outside with awesome skills. Him and Stenna both came to Sunshine a couple of years ago, with big things expected of Stenna but Rusty stole the show. Massive loss for us, but I guarentee you will all enjoy watching him play. Is Bairdy sticking around at Wedderburn? You blokes have also got a ruckman from us, Ian Sonogan, but u can form ur own opinion on him.

Demon Dispair - Bendigo Advertiser (5 Feb 08)
NORTH Central Football League club Wycheproof-Narraport has put out an SOS to Bendigo-based junior footballers.

The Demons are in desperate need of under-16 players for the upcoming season and are even prepared to provide transport and accommodation for junior players in the Bendigo area.

‘‘We’re in dire straits,’’ Wycheproof-Narraport under-16 coach Bernie Orr told The Advertiser yesterday.

‘‘By no means are we trying to pinch established players from clubs in Bendigo… we think there must be some clubs out there who will have an exodus of players and we can offer these kids a game of footy every week.

‘‘We lost eight to 10 under-16 players from last year and unless we can find replacements we’re going to have 10 to 12 kids from our district who are going to miss out on a season of footy.

‘‘That’s the last thing we need when it is so hard for small country clubs to keep players from the juniors through to the seniors.

‘‘We’re keen to talk to any clubs in Bendigo and see if there’s something we can do.

‘‘We have a bus that we’d be happy to use as a way of transporting the kids up for a game of footy and we even have families here that are willing to billet the kids out if necessary.’’

In the NCFL, juniors go straight from under-16 football into the reserves.

‘‘The 10 or 12 kids we have in the under-16s at the moment aren’t ready to play against men in reserve grade footy,’’ he said.

‘‘I believe their parents would not be keen on the idea and it’s not fair on the kids.

‘‘We’re a family club and it’s very important to have a junior team.’’

Whycheproof-Narraport is regarded as one of the power clubs of the NCFL.

Wycheproof and Narraport merged in 1964 and from that season until 2000 the Demons won 14 premierships in 20 senior grand final appearances.

‘‘Like a lot of small towns the seniors are finding it hard to maintain a playing list as well,’’ Orr said.

‘‘Young blokes go away to university and things like that.

‘‘This summer we’ve been very active and we’re looking okay, but you can always do with more senior players.

‘‘That’s why we can’t afford to lose our junior team because these kids could be lost from footy for good if they have to miss out this year.

It would impact on the whole club and the town.’’

Anyone who is interested in helping the club can phone Bernie Orr on 5493 7505.

From my limited knowledge and listenings to the rumour mill my 08 ladder prediction is as follows:

Wedderburn
Boort
Donald
Charlton

Birchip
Whyche
St Arnaud

Donald 3rd?!! I didnt know they had recruited so much. They would need some pretty handy recruits to get them in the 4 let alone 3rd.

intersting that article on the demon youngsters, ive heard other clubs could be similar to that this year.

my ladder

boort
wedd
birchip
wyche

charl
donald
st/a

The bloke from sunshine, Stennas mate, is Rusty Douglas... and mark my words he is an absolute freak. Played with him the last 2 years and he should have won 2 league b and f's. He won the league medal last year and missed 3 or 4 games. Doesnt look a footballer but he can go. Lightning quick, goal kicking midfielder, both inside and outside with awesome skills. Him and Stenna both came to Sunshine a couple of years ago, with big things expected of Stenna but Rusty stole the show. Massive loss for us, but I guarentee you will all enjoy watching him play. Is Bairdy sticking around at Wedderburn? You blokes have also got a ruckman from us, Ian Sonogan, but u can form ur own opinion on him.

He wouldn't happen to be from Swan Hill originally would he? I played thirds at Lalbert with a big lanky bloke called Ian Sonogan before he went away to Uni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back