North Central Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids obviously like it more in nully then birchip just think how many have gone over there from birchip, must be something wrong in the sytem if most of the young kids want to leave. I no ruben pretty well and im sure his not going for any money nor have they offered any i hear, i also think that he is leaving due to things that have been said in the club that his not happy bout just like some kids are leaving due to playin every game and not gettin piked in grand final due to glory hunters that retired at the end of last season.....Well cant blame the kids for wanting to go

I "no" ruben very well also. If "most of the young kids want to leave" i think it is a fair stretch of the imagination. But i get your point from seconds grand final. They got the win, but at what cost? We will find out come round 1 next year. Thats footy hey.

Any news on the coaching appointments around the league? Think the bulls are in negotions with anthony stevens. Well, may as well throw that one up, plenty of shit gets thrown up everywhere during the silly season. He did take training during the finals, so that is as good a reason as any to put his name in the hat

I'm glad we have gone from offering him $200 to "I hope thats the case" that we have offered him nothing. If your from Birchip go ask Ryno if Nully will be talking to Ruben. I'm not going to waste the time and space of this forum with anymore discussion on this. But I will repeat Nully have and will not offer Ruben any money, and Nully have not spoken to him about football next year. But that argument you make about travel to play country footy...Hay is 180kms from Swan Hill, St Arnaud would be quite similar from Swan Hill I'd imagine, so if thats your attitude I wouldn't bother trying to recruit Swan Hill people to Birchip.

I was stating the fact about you fellas skylarking about the juniors (u17's and wanting to join league years ago) in nully, and how all the bulls kids would rather be there. What a croc. Not the recruits you big goof. Please read back thru. My attitude was regarding the young kids and massive travel. Take it as you want buddy

Its all good to "nurture the talent" but the club has a responsibility to look after those who don't have "the talent"

I won't name names, but over the past few years, we've seen quite a few youngsters head up to Nully, because they "hated the shit" at the Bulls. Infact, the Son of a long time, proud and passionate Watchem fellow went up to Nully just a last year wasn't it?

on the grapevine i have heard there there may are quiet a few youngsters contemplating making the change to nully for the 09 season, birchip sure know how to keep the young boys playin senior footy, the likes of sittin a couple out for the grandfinal who have played all year on more than one occasion. But to those who go, i wish them all the best :thumbsu:

Rite this has been blown way out of porportion. Angry bout the way he has been treated on an off the field? what a load. on the field, played nearly every game of the year on the wing, gettin in the best making a prelim final, not to much more ya can ask for at age 16 i reckon. had a couple of stuff ups off the ground an was, as the way i see delt the rite punishment. if he wants ta go then go, completly up to him but he cant say he is going beacuse the way he was treated at the bulls.

with the kids being dropped for the granny, yeah wood of been dis-hearting for em. but eddie lee hadnt retired, was injured for first half of year, was training there-fore should be given the opportunity to play 1. if good enough an 2. if fit (ie. no injury, coz we all no eddie is not the physically fittest bloke around) and i see him as being both of those. so he was entitled to play. someone was always going to miss out be it old or young kids, an someone was always gonna be upset. it was unlucky for them that it was a few younger ones, but the good thing is they have x amount of years to keep playing, not saying that is an excuse.

The bulls are not pissed that ryno went to nully at all, he has done most things in football and coach was a thing he had not. got the opportunity at nully took it, whereaas wouldnt of had the chance to coach at birchip seeing by getting a coach will add more quality through the coach themselves playing an the couple that they mite attract.

in conclusion nully cant go sayin that birchip treat there kids like shit because of one incident that happended, which is possible happens at most clubs? Birchip cant say that nully is kid poaches yet..seeing ruben has not got a formal offer

P.S we dont recruit youngsters out of swan hill, so the puss ya were spinnin bout the hill to st arnaud.... pointless...

Open to critisim lads!

Its all good to "nurture the talent" but the club has a responsibility to look after those who don't have "the talent"

I won't name names, but over the past few years, we've seen quite a few youngsters head up to Nully, because they "hated the shit" at the Bulls. Infact, the Son of a long time, proud and passionate Watchem fellow went up to Nully just a last year wasn't it?

ok lets count

1. the goldys
2.mmmmmmmm.......im stuck

[/b]Obviously you havent yet realized that they havent been talking to kids of that age. no interest has been shown in pursuing ruben as a potential 09 player. Ruben has pursued the nully club and only his nully school mates at that, as a potential 09 club.

Undoubtedly robbie lee does look after his kids. It is the rest of the team that is the problem. He wasn't treated all that great from other people playing alongside him so why would he want to play in that environment.

Also good to see you agree that nully has a good set up. i assume that is why nully are keeping their younger players. Traveling to hay is a week argument. Firstly it is once a year and secondly it is actually a great team bonding session both there and back. Perhaps the bulls should try to bond a little more and players wouldn't feel so unhappy about playing at the club.

lastly. what did supposeably the rest of the team do it make him so unhappy??? an what evidence do ya have to back up that bulls players an ya said PLAYERS so more than one, are unhappy at the club?

So does any1 no how St Arnaud r lookin 4 nxt yr?
Heard that Al Egan is coaching the seniors and Brock Ezard is coaching the ressies! Any1 heard on any other coaching staff n all that?

Recruits

Who are the definite recruits at this stage of the year? Bulls no coach, but seems every other club has them. Donald have recruited well havent they? Any names to mention in the league.

What about Boort, have they held onto all their players or a mass exodus after their great flag year?

President Andrew Lee has stepped down from playing duties, again, and gone into administration, so good luck to him on the year ahead.

ok lets count

1. the goldys

Not from around this league so may not be my place to comment but if you look beyond Nully you might find the following Birchip blokes have left to a club not far up the road in the last 5 or more years- admittedly may not have been living in Birchip:

Dedini's x 3
Al Ferrier
Koopsy
Ank
Rhino
Picko

Not from around this league so may not be my place to comment but if you look beyond Nully you might find the following Birchip blokes have left to a club not far up the road in the last 5 or more years- admittedly may not have been living in Birchip:

Dedini's x 3
Al Ferrier
Koopsy
Ank
Rhino
Picko

yeah was jus foucusin on the nully leavers thats all champ, but i do no why all those people left an wood of been a tad older than the sort of kids where talkin bout. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well boys.... pointless argument i have been told that rubin is staying around and if there were any money offered dont you think he would of signed by now dont you think?

ok lets count

1. the goldys

1. goldys
2. nick milne
3. nick mcloughlan
4. ruben???

the kids to me seem like they want to play another year of junior footy, with ruben i know he is very capable of playing senior footy but to kids of that age he obviously wants to play with his mates... the way he may or may not have been treated has obviously turned him away from the bulls. How about birchip stop there whigning and learn how to keep the youth at there own club!:thumbsu:

QUOTE]

It would be quite nice if Nullawil trolls stop talking out of the corner of their mouths and rack off back to the Golden Giggle thread.

Lets read back through your post 'coach carter'.....

"1. goldys
2. nick milne
3. nick mcloughlan
4. ruben???"

1. Goldys - Ben played in a senior premiership at Birchip-Watchem. Sam left after he played a couple of years of senior footy after he'd turned 18 and is now back at the club. Jak must have thought he's the only person thats ever had to play senior footy at the age of 17, and went to Nully to play 2 games of footy in the one day. He now talks out of the corner of his mouth.

2. Nick Milne - Couldn't get a game for Birchip 2nds so went to Nully where he could play some footy. (The Birchip-Watchem committee cried for weeks when this happened)

3. Nick McLoughlan - Does he actually play footy?

4. Ruben - Not going anywhere.

"the kids to me seem like they want to play another year of junior footy"

If 'kids' want to play juniors their entire life and not challenge themselves to play senior footy then they are more than welcome to go to Nully where their egos can be inflated and learn how to talk out of the corner of their mouths.

"with ruben i know he is very capable of playing senior footy but to kids of that age he obviously wants to play with his mates"

You're spot on there. It's obviously way out of the realms of possibilty that Ruben, or anyone could be mates with anyone that plays senior footy. :rolleyes: I'll say again, if youngsters want their ego inflated and learn how to talk out of the corner of their mouths, I'll provide the clearance forms for them to go to Nully.

"the way he may or may not have been treated has obviously turned him away from the bulls"

It just gets better and better. Ruben was treated appallingly by Birchip :rolleyes: He was only given the option to play juniors or seniors, and when he chose seniors he played the entire year on a wing where he was given unconditional support, and discipline which he hasn't had in his life. I can totally see why he'd be turned off by the Bulls :rolleyes: I'll reiterate, if he somehow feels wronged by Birchip, and wants his ego inflated and to learn how to talk out of the corner of his mouth he's more than welcome to leave. I don't think Birchip would talk him out of it, if thats the way he feels.

How about birchip stop there whigning and learn how to keep the youth at there own club!:thumbsu:[/

I can assure you that Birchip couldn't give a fat rats tossbag about 'youth' who are lured to Nully by people who talk out of the corner of their mouths with the promise of having their egos inflated to levels that have never ever been reached. If 'youth' are actually attracted by this policy, then Birchip will be more than happy to let them go, because they obviously don't have intellectual capacity to see that Nullawil is a desperate club, resorting to desperate measures, and are on the verge of disappearing from the country footy map.

In conclusion. I find it laughable that Nullawil people have resorted to trolling the North Central board, stirring up absolute garbage in an attempt to discredit a strong club that Nullawil obviously wishes it was. That is, a profitable, successful club in a strong league, with good facilities, a strong committee and a strong future.

Good post anyway 'coach carter' :thumbsu:

Any offical news on Birchip Watchems play for Stuart Farr, Luke Carr, Aaron Barnett and Jordyn Burke from the Horsham Demons in the Wimmera League? Plenty of $$$ have been put on the table.

Any offical news on Birchip Watchems play for Stuart Farr, Luke Carr, Aaron Barnett and Jordyn Burke from the Horsham Demons in the Wimmera League? Plenty of $$$ have been put on the table.

They'd b lucky 2 even get 1 of those boys, im pretty sure barny n burkey wouldnt leave the demons...especially when there could b another premiership on the cards!

"He now talks out of the corner of his mouth."

Bendigo, I will speak to you 'from the front of my mouth' and tell you that it could be worse, you could play at a different club and "speak out your arse?!?!?!?!" Also, for everyone that is unaware Bowen's Commercial Hotel now has a particular dresscode in an aim to not 'offend' anyone, for more information contact Andrew Lee :p
Only a bit of sarcasm here Ed, dont take it to heart

Horsham boys staying in Horsham. You can see by their posts that the Mallee boys get a bit overexcited. Note to Birchip boys: you have not picked up a player until they have signed, does'nt matter when the clearance form needs to be in by. Having some beers with the Wimmera's best Footballers at the Royal does'nt mean they are going play with you.

I don't think any Birchip boy ever claimed that the Horsham boys were going to play with us. Certainly it was public knowledge that we were chasing their services, but not once did anyone claim that they were signed, sealed and delivered. I'm not sure what the big deal is with going over to Horsham to talk to them, whether that involves some beers at the Royal or not. What do you suggest? Ignore the best footballers from the Wimmera league and make no effort to try and lure them to your club?

Regarding the apparent mistreatment of young players at Birchip I am slightly perplexed. Perhaps there is no recognition of the fact that for about the last five years the Bulls have struggled to fill a side in the U16s. Each week the coaches and supporters endeavour to arrange a fair deal with the opposition side - whether that be playing 16 a side or borrowing players - so that our kids are able to have a competitive game of football each week. Mistreatment? I think not.

As happens to every club there have been a few young players that have decided to play elsewhere when we would prefer them to be at the Bulls. The Dedinis and Goldsmiths are good examples. However, Birchip's record of having youngsters continue to play for the club once they have left school is a good one. Some examples:

Liam O'Donnell - 8 years as a Bull based in Melbourne.
Joshua Richmond - 8 years as a Bull based in Melbourne and then Ballarat.
James Scambler - 2 years spent driving back to Birchip from Melbourne to play. Also played for Birchip on bye weeks when he played for Coburg Tigers.
Derek Dobson & Chris Donnellon - 3 years travelling back to Birchip from Ballarat to play.
Alistair Smith - Travelled back from Melbourne for a year, 2 years playing for Birchip on bye weeks when he played for Coburg Tigers.
Zane Hunt - 5 years playing at Birchip while living in Swan Hill.
Sean O'Donnell - 3 years as a Bull based in Melbourne.
Josh Koops - Has remained a Bull throughout his first two years of uni at Geelong.
Julian Liston - Travelled back to Birchip to play for a year while living in Geelong.
Terence Young - 4 years travelling from Echuca.
Ollie Noonan - Travelled back from Melbourne during first year of uni.

I believe there are a number of other examples, but these were just off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong, I know that other clubs could boast similar statistics, but I'm just trying to illustrate that there are more young people that are happy with the Bulls than that are unhappy with them. It must also be remembered that Birchip is further away from Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat, etc. than any other club in the league.

On another note, Birchip-Watchem's reserves premiership sides of 2006 and 2008 had plenty of blokes under 25 who grew up in Birchip and continued to play. Those players were:

2006 - Dan Coffey, Billy Noonan, Terence Young, Beau Young, Laurence Young, Matt Ryan, Josh Koops.

2008 - Ollie Noonan, Billy Noonan, Liam Coffey, Terence Young, Beau Young, Gareth Cozens, Matt Ryan, Sam Goldsmith, Scott Trollope, Danny Glen.

A fair effort considering there were plenty of under 25s in the senior ranks for these years.

Undoubtedly it was a shame to see three school kids miss out on the reserves premiership this year. At the end of the day the coach has to pick what he thinks is the best team, and unfortunately this time around 3 school kids were not considered to be in the best team. Often one of the cornerstones of a premiership side is depth.

I am not saying that the Birchip-Watchem Bulls are the best club in the state at looking after their young players. What I have tried to emphasise however, is for the Bulls to have a reputation for looking after young players badly is highly inappropriate.

QUOTE]

It would be quite nice if Nullawil trolls stop talking out of the corner of their mouths and rack off back to the Golden Giggle thread.

You're spot on there. It's obviously way out of the realms of possibilty that Ruben, or anyone could be mates with anyone that plays senior footy. :rolleyes: I'll say again, if youngsters want their ego inflated and learn how to talk out of the corner of their mouths, I'll provide the clearance forms for them to go to Nully.

I can assure you that Birchip couldn't give a fat rats tossbag about 'youth' who are lured to Nully by people who talk out of the corner of their mouths with the promise of having their egos inflated to levels that have never ever been reached. If 'youth' are actually attracted by this policy, then Birchip will be more than happy to let them go, because they obviously don't have intellectual capacity to see that Nullawil is a desperate club, resorting to desperate measures, and are on the verge of disappearing from the country footy map.

In conclusion. I find it laughable that Nullawil people have resorted to trolling the North Central board, stirring up absolute garbage in an attempt to discredit a strong club that Nullawil obviously wishes it was. That is, a profitable, successful club in a strong league, with good facilities, a strong committee and a strong future.

Bendigo if I wanted this argument to continue I could pick through your post and come up with quite a few points as to why your a tossa who knows little, but will just say a couple of things then leave you to it....

Can you give Ruben a clearance as you stated you would be more than happy too, that will save us a hassle. Tell him he can get a ride to training and footy with Ryno, Jak Goldy and possibly another couple each week.

We did not 'troll' the NC Forum stirring up garbage, we replied to a riduculous rumour started by Shags79, then it built from there.

And finally Nullawil is very successful for a town with a population of 60. We are Nullawil and will remain Nullawil for some time yet, even though with drought like it is it is affecting us like most other country clubs. We have not had the need to merge like Birchip/Watchem, Wyche/Narraport, Sea Lake/Berri-Culgoa....we are still Nully so 'desperate club', 'desperate measures', and 'on the verge of disappearing' is laughable to us.

We have a coach, and a very solid team shaping for next year. You don't have a coach so maybe you are the 'desperate' club at the moment.

Bendigo, shags, bolivar I don't want you to respond to this at the arguments can go on and on...lets put it to rest and see who finishes higher on the ladder come end of next season.

Good luck...

We have a coach, and a very solid team shaping for next year. You don't have a coach so maybe you are the 'desperate' club at the moment.

Footy Pie, this is the exact reason that Birchipians/Watchemites get frustrated with Nully trying to recruit our players. If you feel that we are a desperate club, why are you advocating poaching players from us? There is no issue with Brad Ryan, he is a 32 year old who has played in two premierships for us. If he wishes to go elsewhere to try his hand at coaching, we wish him the best of luck. It is the going after school kids that leaves a sour taste in people's mouths. If this is untrue, then there is no issue.

In terms of comparing how the Bulls and Nully go next year, I'm not sure if there can be a fair comparison since Birchip-Watchem is in a major league and Nullawil in a minor league. Nevertheless, I would be far too scared to make any bets. If we don't have Jak Goldy then we have absolutely no chance.

I am by no means a Nully supporter/advocate. But to call yourselves strong when your league can't find 22 blokes capable of flying the red and white of the NCFL deserves a big belly laugh accompanied with a slap of a/both knee/s.
Seems ridiculous that NCFL and MFL would unite as one for an interleague fixture. How would the MFL go in a head to head vs NCFL? Would be interesting...

I am by no means a Nully supporter/advocate. But to call yourselves strong when your league can't find 22 blokes capable of flying the red and white of the NCFL deserves a big belly laugh accompanied with a slap of a/both knee/s.
Seems ridiculous that NCFL and MFL would unite as one for an interleague fixture. How would the MFL go in a head to head vs NCFL? Would be interesting...

They're no longer united for Interleague.

As far as i'm aware, the NCFL head to Mildura, tooting their horns at the likes of Ouyen, on the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back