Club Focus North Melbourne 2022 - Logue, Tucker, Sheezel, Wardlaw, George, Harvey, Drury, Free, Howe, Turner

AFL Club Focus

What priority picks should North get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Dockers had players leave and for 6 straight years didn’t make finals.

No way North Melbourne should get a priority pick.

Plus, the Roos are building a pretty good young list.
Did they ever win less than 14 games in a 3 year period? It’s a bigger factor than missing finals.

There are a few building blocks in place. You have a potentially great midfield in 3 years time - Simpkin, JHF, Powell, Phillips, LDU, Stephenson. Your KPPs definitely need the most attention. Hit the draft and go tall. It’ll hurt but you just need to keep sweeping the rubbish out. Xerri, Perez, Taylor, Scott, Zurhaar, Hall, and Cunnington would be the only ones I‘d bother re-signing. It’s a big chunk of depth but short term pain for long term gain.

Did they ever win less than 14 games in a 3 year period? It’s a bigger factor than missing finals.
Brad Scott realised the club needed a rebuild and North Melbourne said no.

Anyway, I remember all the Roos supporters on BF saying that they will making finals in 2023.

No way a team who going to make finals next year should get a priority pick.

Anyway, I remember all the Roos supporters on BF saying that they will making finals in 2023.

lol - the wild hopes and dreams of a supporter base has zero to do with a priority pick. Bizarre comment.

lol - the wild hopes and dreams of a supporter base has zero to do with a priority pick. Bizarre comment.
Roos shouldn’t get a priority pick because some BF fans want it.

North Melbourne are in a not horrible spot. The youth look pretty good to me and with a few more players they will have a competitive team.

Gold Coast on the other has never made finals and a lot of their players has been poached by other clubs.

Roos are not in the same boat as the Suns.

Agree - i'm excited for 2022 and think the club is rebuilding correctly through the draft as well as a couple of handy trades. But under no illusion that bottom 4 is the most realistic result for us. Alot of key position top end talent in next years draft so another top 4 pick won't be such a bad thing long term. The rise should start in 2023.
Priority pick for a team on the rise?

Roos shouldn’t get a priority pick because some BF fans want it.

North Melbourne are in a not horrible spot. The youth look pretty good to me and with a few more players they will have a competitive team.

Gold Coast on the other has never made finals and a lot of their players has been poached by other clubs.

Roos are not in the same boat as the Suns.
You’re adding things that have zero to do with priority picks. Wins - recent finals - flags is the criteria.

If we win less than 5 games it’s less wins over 3 years than the suns. That’s what counts - not matter how good you think our youth is.

You’re adding things that have zero to do with priority picks. Wins - recent finals - flags is the criteria.

If we win less than 5 games it’s less wins over 3 years than the suns. That’s what counts - not matter how good you think our youth is.

How do you know the criteria?

As far as I'm aware the commission keeps that under lock and key.

How do you know the criteria?

As far as I'm aware the commission keeps that under lock and key.
  • premiership points that a club has received over a period of years (with greater weight to recent seasons),
  • a club's percentage (points for/points against x 100) over a period of years (another indication of on-field competitiveness, with greater weight to recent seasons),
  • any finals appearances that a club has made in recent seasons,
  • any premierships that a club has won in recent seasons, and
  • a club's injury rates in each relevant season

• premiership points that a club has received over a period of years (with greater weight to recent seasons),
  • a club's percentage (points for/points against x 100) over a period of years (another indication of on-field competitiveness, with greater weight to recent seasons),
  • any finals appearances that a club has made in recent seasons,
  • any premierships that a club has won in recent seasons, and
  • a club's injury rates in each relevant season

What's your source for that one - anything credible?

A PP is the last thing that should be given out. Get extra help for the back of house..ie fitness, medical, better line coaches whatever. Then address the lack of senior experience in the trade market to go with the bevy of 1st round picked players they already have

They might already get another pick 1 this year by finishing bottom..adding another 18 year old on top of thst wont help them in the near term become competitive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if the Roar is the most credible source, but the gist of it is that the AFL does keep its ultimate criteria of whether to award a PP confidential.
As it stands right now, I feel like North will get one if this form continues for the rest of the season, I don't believe it will be anything better than an end of first round pick though (at best)

Not sure if the Roar is the most credible source, but the gist of it is that the AFL does keep its ultimate criteria of whether to award a PP confidential.
As it stands right now, I feel like North will get one if this form continues for the rest of the season, I don't believe it will be anything better than an end of first round pick though (at best)

I think The Roar got that info from Wikipedia and I believe the Wikipedia info is from the AFL in 2012 which seems to be the last time they mentioned PP parameters.

I think The Roar got that info from Wikipedia and I believe the Wikipedia info is from the AFL in 2012 which seems to be the last time they mentioned PP parameters.

Think as the season goes on, you will see more fans and the media come around and and accept the idea of North needing a Priority Pick, especially as NMFC has never had one before.

Think as the season goes on, you will see more fans and the media come around and and accept the idea of North needing a Priority Pick, especially as NMFC has never had one before.

Perhaps, I can understand why people would be anti-PP as well because it presents a light disadvantage to their own club. We'll start to see some rabidly for it and some rabidly against it and neither party will make any sense nor have any say in it.

Still plenty of time to go this season anyway.

It'd be just our luck to have the first pick on the 2nd night of the draft and have Roos given a priority pick at the start of the the 2nd round. What's going on with CCJ? Give him a 4 year $2mill deal and play him in the reserves. I bet he's loving that.

It'd be just our luck to have the first pick on the 2nd night of the draft and have Roos given a priority pick at the start of the the 2nd round. What's going on with CCJ? Give him a 4 year $2mill deal and play him in the reserves. I bet he's loving that.

He didn't play well enough to hold his spot, went back to the VFL and was easily our best this week. I'd say he'll be back in next week.

Played his best game on the weekend. Should replace Xerri or Goldstein this week.

Scott also was the one who got them into that mess in early 2019 with his awful topping up from the year before and shocking recruiting from 2014-2017

Scott also was the one who got them into that mess in early 2019 with his awful topping up from the year before and shocking recruiting from 2014-2017
Both are true.

Scott did top up and he realise it wasn’t working and went to the board about rebuilding.

Was Scott alone in wanting to top up ? Either way it’s not a good look.

The fact that club felt they didn’t need to a do rebuild when asked for it, probably suggests that the club was behind him in topping up.

What they didn’t agree was the rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus North Melbourne 2022 - Logue, Tucker, Sheezel, Wardlaw, George, Harvey, Drury, Free, Howe, Turner

Back