Club Focus North Melbourne 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Maybe D. Shiel, although he's getting his body back to normal and needs some games first. But a good experienced mid when feeling good. Might be a good choice if he is looking. Also there are good players in the VFL you could look at etc in midseason drafts etc. But he is under contract until end of 2025.
The last thing we need is a mid that can't hit a target - scores from turn over is killing us.

Still think Rory Laird is the guy. He provides the versatility they need as as a leader

Laird would be a nice pickup to run off half back and provide guidance.
Will be 31 at the end of the year with 2 years remaining on his current contract
SA player and wouldnt be looking to move states whilst he has a contract to stay

think there is less than 1% chance that happens

Players I’d like north to investigate that could offer larger than expected short term benefits

- Tex walker

- Charlie Dixon

Players I’d like to investigate that might be in longer term thinking

- max king

- Rory lobb

Players I’d like north to investigate that could offer larger than expected short term benefits

- Tex walker

- Charlie Dixon

Players I’d like to investigate that might be in longer term thinking

- max king

- Rory lobb
Shouldnt Rory Lobb be in the top column with Walker & Dixon he will be 32 years old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldnt Rory Lobb be in the top column with Walker & Dixon he will be 32 years old

Fair.

I just meant that the top 2 seem risks with their bodies. Whereas Lobb doesn’t. Also Lobb is contracted so requires something to get him across.

But yes, he’s an old fella like walker and Dixon. In an ideal world of offer Tex 2 years, with either a 3rd with games played triggers or coaching development role after the 2 years.

We’d have to make it worth his while to leave SA and coming to last places north wouldn’t be overly appealing.

But 15 games from him where he is fit would be transformative for the team.

If you feel they are risks then why even consider them at their age

As I said, neither would require an outlay from a trading point of view.

Obviously I’m not across their current injury status but if they passed medicals I’d be willing to take the small risk on an older stop gap given the team need of a second key forward that can come in and perform straight away.

As I said, neither would require an outlay from a trading point of view.

Obviously I’m not across their current injury status but if they passed medicals I’d be willing to take the small risk on an older stop gap given the team need of a second key forward that can come in and perform straight away.
Cheap and nasty is just cheap and nasty

Dixon/Wlaker/Lobb will all come to increase their super and nothing more

Surely Brynn Teakle has meant any talk of Lobb or a massively overrated Max King has been put to bed.

While Brynn isn't near a superstar, neither are those 2. I'd suggest if we offered the Saints our first pick for KIng they'd bite our hand off.

Surely Brynn Teakle has meant any talk of Lobb or a massively overrated Max King has been put to bed.

While Brynn isn't near a superstar, neither are those 2. I'd suggest if we offered the Saints our first pick for KIng they'd bite our hand off.

An out of form Max King could lose a limb to frostbite and still be better than Brynn Teakle lol

An out of form Max King could lose a limb to frostbite and still be better than Brynn Teakle lol
Out of form, how long is out of form before it becomes the norm ? Looks likely to sign an extension for a mil plus per season. And I'd rather Teakle and pick 2 than King.

King and McDonald two of the most over rated players doing the rounds. Ben McKay is another. Teakle fyi is a mid season pick and just happy he competes and has a crack. He's no world beater that's obvious.

Out of form, how long is out of form before it becomes the norm ? Looks likely to sign an extension for a mil plus per season. And I'd rather Teakle and pick 2 than King.

King and McDonald two of the most over rated players doing the rounds. Ben McKay is another. Teakle fyi is a mid season pick and just happy he competes and has a crack. He's no world beater that's obvious.

Pick 2? Who are north getting with pick 2 that’s better than Max King? This is delusional. North would bite the Saints hand off if they offered Max King for pick 2.

Turning your nose up at a player like Max King because you have Brynn ****ing Teakle lol

I was only joking the accurate one got the joke at least.

Yeah and I don't recall saying Teakle is a superstar, but what he's doing well in competing, that's fine for now.
As you know I want big bad Charlie at FF, Larkey at CHF.
Logue FB, Either Dawson at CHB.
Teakle can float about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus North Melbourne 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back