AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Conti is an absolute gun, and I reckon she is the most gifted in the AFLW. Having said that, she wasn’t best this year but received maximum reward, Jas was best and didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m

And orange hair....:D
Unfortunately l don’t think a larger hair do or neon sign would work.
what’s funny is they want to be taken seriously as a major competition for elite women.
when the room knows it’s bs …you’ve got a major problem….
l had a sick feeling this would possibly happen again….. 2 years….. what a joke of an award.
The stats point to a dominant season by jas…in every facet…..
the coaches votes acknowledge her as the player they would poach for their club.
yet the best and fairest…..it’s as far as lm concerned an award to boost the profile other clubs….doesn’t recognise the player who’s stats match there so called criteria.
ld argue that conti and maddi ( at blues) won it not because of superior games…but due to media fawning ( hello Sarah black and kelli Underwood and co)
stat for stat jas ld argue out gunned both players in both years….which just makes me even more 😡 for jas.
so yep lm 😡😡😡😡😡.
and there better be no 😡😡😡 umpiring on Sunday…

I can't get over the votes in that Geelong game. I can completely understand wanting to reward Emma King's effort but Garner below Prespakis is like, you live in another dimension how the * did you look at what happened and then reach that outcome.
that my friend shows how inept and influenced by certain parts of AFLW media these officials are…it should be an award solely based with stats as jas killed her on that day.

Part of the reason it’s even worse in the AFLW - apart from the umpires being on L plates - is that the soft fixture means a player like Conti or Prespakis in an ordinary team not only aren’t competing with teammates, but they are against poorer opposition so it’s easier to clean up. It’s ludicrous that three votes in a game between North and Adelaide has the same value as three votes against West Coast or Essendon or Hawthorn.

And it is a travesty that Adelaide’s best players never win it or come close. Love to hate them on game day but Marinoff is AA every year for a reason too.

I've said it for the Brownlow and I'll say it for this. Of all the participants in a game of footy, the ones in the WORST position to be giving out BOG/B&F votes are the umpires. They have a hard enough job before worrying about this. It can't be the most prestigious award if they keep getting it wrong through no fault of their own,

Stop fuggin' everyone around with this BS and either give the umpires a hand with this, or take it out of their hands altogether.
AFLW umpires are absolutely shocking at… well, umpiring. So it’s no surprise to me they cannot get the votes right.

From the players that voted well - most run with the ball.

Jas is a clearance player and gets it on.
Sounds like a solid theory. Supported by Whitfort getting more votes than Rowbottom at GC, for example.

Doesn't explain how Davey and Prespakis have won it in the past though.

The BNF result tonight should tell everyone how Sunday will go, they don't want us to succeed, watch the umpires.
Underdogs

Never been here. Never rated. **** the rest.

Hungry dogs run faster and we are ****ing starving

2023 AFLW Best and Fairest leaderboard​

Monique Conti (Richmond) - 23 votes
Amy McDonald (Geelong) - 16
Chloe Molloy (Sydney) - 16
Ash Riddell (North Melbourne) - 16
Claudia Whitefort (Gold Coast) - 16

North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos leaders​

Ash Riddell - 16 votes
Jas Garner - 14
Emma King - 6
Tahlia Randall - 6
Emma Kearney - 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conti is an absolute gun, and I reckon she is the most gifted in the AFLW. Having said that, she wasn’t best this year but received maximum reward, Jas was best and didn’t.

Clearly the umpires have no clue at all how a football game is won and lost because their votes are just embarrassing. Which is a bit of a shame for Mon because she's a terrific footballer and deserves recognition.

The AFL really should put an end to this farce and stop using the umpires votes for major individual honours. The fact that Tony Liberatore won a Brownlow and Wayne Carey didn't should tell you all you need to know about this stupid award.

2023 AFLW Best and Fairest leaderboard​

Monique Conti (Richmond) - 23 votes
Amy McDonald (Geelong) - 16
Chloe Molloy (Sydney) - 16
Ash Riddell (North Melbourne) - 16
Claudia Whitefort (Gold Coast) - 16

North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos leaders​

Ash Riddell - 16 votes
Jas Garner - 14
Emma King - 6
Tahlia Randall - 6
Emma Kearney - 3
so Molloy, McDonald, Whitefort ….probably others all had smashing seasons compared to an average on for jas…🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ what utter bs….
Oh but jas took out the coaches award for second year straight….. but how does that work when these players according to the umpires are clearly superior….
oh and looking at the season at a glance conti due to being a clearance player only ahead in that stat. One…… ….according to AFLW web site….🤦‍♂️🤣😡😡

97AB341C-058B-4BFE-A354-7F78B3DD1FD4.jpeg
2B6E89F5-F69C-4ED8-B875-7876604CABB0.jpeg

This award is sooooo stuffed…..lm actually concerned about Sundays game

Conti isn't fit to carry Jas' bags into the rooms. Joke award.
Stupid comment, Conti is one of the top 5 players (probably even top 2) in the league and there isn't one person on the NMFC board who wouldn't love to see her in Royal Blue and White.

I didn't watch enough Richmond games, but Conti's stats suggest she had a pretty impressive and consistent season, and she was always going to garner a high votes tally because Richmond's midfield was weaker this year with McKenzie missing most of the season, while Jas and Ash, and also Marinoff and Hatchard took votes off each other.

The disposal numbers between Jas and Ash were similar from game to game, so there was always a strong chance that they would take votes off each other, but the surprise for me was King and Kearney taking votes off them for games that probably only warranted one vote. I don't think either Jas or Ash would have won the award, but I don't think they should have been as far behind as they were.

Stupid comment, Conti is one of the top 5 players (probably even top 2) in the league and there isn't one person on the NMFC board who wouldn't love to see her in Royal Blue and White.

I didn't watch enough Richmond games, but Conti's stats suggest she had a pretty impressive and consistent season, and she was always going to garner a high votes tally because Richmond's midfield was weaker this year with McKenzie missing most of the season, while Jas and Ash, and also Marinoff and Hatchard took votes off each other.

The disposal numbers between Jas and Ash were similar from game to game, so there was always a strong chance that they would take votes off each other, but the surprise for me was King and Kearney taking votes off them for games that probably only warranted one vote. I don't think either Jas or Ash would have won the award, but I don't think they should have been as far behind as they were.
I agree Devo with your summary about our gals and the votes…and lm scratching my head as to how they were so far behind at the final tally… l think the make up of the comp needs fixing as in play each other as this would improve the overall comp, and possibly remove this lopsided stat accumulation for some based on the teams they play. l don’t doubt Conti is a gun….and consistent for her side…yet glancing at her and jas stats on the website Conti only comes up trumps in one key component..clearances. her preferred stat l would argue….and just….where jas has her covered comfortably in all others.. add to this the coaches who look at each player, voted her in as their choice for a second year…then yes lm darn well scratching my head as it doesn’t add up …throw in the we know it must be stuffed when jas has a blinder and receives doughnuts from umps…..yeah it’s frustrating.
I just hope that jouros or others look into it….people are peeved and rightly so. conti is a magnificent player and yes she would be awesome here…..but unfortunately through no fault of her own is linked to this backlash forevermore by receiving the award…..as people can see stats added with coaches awards, that are so far out of whack with the adjudicators of these games…until that is rectified or can be rationally explained there will be comments made…some good others not so good about what they really think of Conti. I hope for both her and Jas that there is an acknowledgment or change made from AFLW house and soon…as we can’t have another outcome like this where players on the night speak out and Bronx cheer…the league likes to promote itself as professional and sadly the players let it know tonight it was found lacking.

Agreed Jas robbed again…though it is upsetting now but I’m more pissed for the history of the game…
Also what the hell was going on with our logo for each round count…? Keep being other team logos

Umps were terrible but Melbourne physically intimidates this group every time they play.
They’ve got us covered psychologically. It’s all between the ears.
The fact nothing changed after half time shows that the gameplan doesn’t stack up.
We are flat trackers.
Beat everyone below us. Come up short against Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane.
Biggest 180 I have seen.
I had an assignment due the day of the qualifying final so couldn’t attend and I just quipped to the Mrs how funny itd be if we came out and kept Melbourne scoreless and belted the shit out of them. Because thats how sports work.

They had us covered mentally, physically and based on system going into the match. They were in our heads. Too old and too small we were.

So I then open up the AFL app and at halftime were up 36-2 and I still can’t believe that score line.
It’s the biggest result in this league IMO for how we dismantled and destroyed the premier. It came from nowhere.
You’d play that game a 100 times and would be lucky to get a result like that on more than 2 occasions.

Full credit to Crocker and the senior group for this run they’re on. Didn’t see it coming at all so f*** do they deserve the win on Saturday.
Reckon Crocker and Kearns may call it a day if we do salute.

Super proud but again I actually can’t believe they made the grand final 👏🏼
Something has clicked and whatever it is it needs to be bottled and preserved and brought out each year before finals.
Hopefully the boys wake the f**** up too

Biggest 180 I have seen.
I had an assignment due the day of the qualifying final so couldn’t attend and I just quipped to the Mrs how funny itd be if we came out and kept Melbourne scoreless and belted the s**t out of them. Because thats how sports work.

They had us covered mentally, physically and based on system going into the match. They were in our heads. Too old and too small we were.

So I then open up the AFL app and at halftime were up 36-2 and I still can’t believe that score line.
It’s the biggest result in this league IMO for how we dismantled and destroyed the premier. It came from nowhere.
You’d play that game a 100 times and would be lucky to get a result like that on more than 2 occasions.

Full credit to Crocker and the senior group for this run they’re on. Didn’t see it coming at all so f*** do they deserve the win on Saturday.
Reckon Crocker and Kearns may call it a day if we do salute.

Super proud but again I actually can’t believe they made the grand final 👏🏼
Something has clicked and whatever it is it needs to be bottled and preserved and brought out each year before finals.
Hopefully the boys wake the f**** up too

Fully agree with how out of the blue the turnaround has been.

But why on earth would Kearny retire now after 8 AA in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back