AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Defender and can also through midfield

Only 19 so to play games early for port would have been good for her development.

Looks a good long left foot kick
175cm (same height as Garner) and who has the potential to play in the midfield, is worth taking a chance on.

Conti's a gun. Any other comment is plain silly. But here's the problem. To win is one thing, but she's won with nearly 50% more votes than those who ran in second. She's received 23 of a possible 30 votes - equivalent to a 53 votes in the Brownlow. That's the season of someone who has absolutely dominated everything. That's Dusty Martin in 2017 and then some. That's her breaking all sorts of statistical records. That's her paying $1.01 for this award. For a team who missed finals with a 5-5 record. That's the whole football world being gobsmacked week after week of her achievements.

What it is though is a bunch of umpires coming off the ground, exhausted and with no access to stats asking each other who played well and having no clue. And in AFLW they may have no clue who most the players actually are. But they know Mon Conti is Richmond's best player so yeah, we noticed her, here's some votes.

The standard of umpiring in the AFLW is even worse than in the men's competition. If they are that bad at adjudicating then why would they be any good in judging who are the best three on the ground each week?

Bit disappointed , NMFC Member and missed out on GF tickets. :(
Have followed them all year and went to every Melbourne game. Including last weekend where there was barely over 6000 people.
Oh well . That's how it is..
If anyone has 2 extra tickets they want to offload , please let us know pls.
Go Roos.

In the same boat and very disappointed. I was in Adelaide yesterday and got back to find out it was sold out. Which is very hard to understand given the crowds at the games this year.

It is even harder to understand that the AFL does not have an alternative to transfer the game to fit the demand, given that surely, surely, they want to promote the AFLW and getting the largest possible attendance to the GF should be a priority.

The competition is run by a bunch of complete idiots in my book.:mad:

I don’t want it moved after the way the team played there the last two weeks, but I hope it’s opened the league’s eyes to the inadequacy of the venue. I doubt they expected the demand to be as strong as it was.

Fingers crossed the extra ticket release gets some diehards like Horace through the door.

The standard of umpiring in the AFLW is even worse than in the men's competition. If they are that bad at adjudicating then why would they be any good in judging who are the best three on the ground each week?
I dont know if this has changed now, but in the past the AFL have openly spoken about using the AFLW as training for the umpires so rather than getting the already experienced umpires we're stuck with young inexperienced ones. I'd like if they could at least bring one experienced ump per game for the finals.

I don’t want it moved after the way the team played there the last two weeks, but I hope it’s opened the league’s eyes to the inadequacy of the venue. I doubt they expected the demand to be as strong as it was.

Fingers crossed the extra ticket release gets some diehards like Horace through the door.
Imagine if two good teams had made it to the GF like Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne or *? The league is at best, an unprofessional rabble, bunch of complete idiots as said by Horace . The women's game is currently growing and apart from a few, each year it's being accepted by more and more regular supporters as being a totally legitimate and entertaining game. And they lock the GF into a venue with a capacity of 12,000. My goodness, what twits.

I doubt they expected the demand to be as strong as it was.

There are many things that the AFL and by extension the AFLW clearly don't understand one is that there is still a level of tribalism just under the surface of the supporter bases.

IMHO if this had been played at Docklands it would have drawn a crowd around the size of our rusted on AFL members.

There were 16k at the GF last year, entirely possible this would have exceeded that.

Last edited:
Imagine if two good teams had made it to the GF like Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne or *? The league is at best, an unprofessional rabble, bunch of complete idiots as said by Horace . The women's game is currently growing and apart from a few, each year it's being accepted by more and more regular supporters as being a totally legitimate and entertaining game. And they lock the GF into a venue with a capacity of 12,000. My goodness, what twits.
The gall of them, after telling players and fans they can’t have more rounds because not enough people come, and now they will preen like a sold out GF - that regular match attendees can’t get into - is a good thing.

Hoo boy, they certainly paid attention during the World Cup to what happens when you ****ing build it (with plenty of seats).

There are many things that the AFL and by extension the AFLW clearly don't understand that that is that there is still a level of tribalism just under the surface of the supporter bases.

IMHO if this had been played at Docklands it would have drawn a crowd around the size of our rusted on AFL members.

There were 16k at the GF last year, entirely possible this would have exceeded that.
You underestimate the hate for North that exists across the league. The crowd at docklands could be closer to 30K assuming the umpires and their families, the media and the rest of the haters all decided to support an interstate team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks H2H.

Its probably better now if I don't get there, because this debacle may just be a bad omen.:eek:

For anyone who can be bothered, I have emailed the AFL at membership@afl.com.au and telephoned them on 1300 722 515.

Spoke to a very apprehensive Jess, who listened to everything that I had to say - did not raise my voice or speak in an abusive manner - its not her fault - and amongst other things said that Andrew Dillon should lose his job for such incompetence.

Thanks H2H.

Its probably better now if I don't get there, because this debacle may just be a bad omen.:eek:

For anyone who can be bothered, I have emailed the AFL at membership@afl.com.au and telephoned them on 1300 722 515.

Spoke to a very apprehensive Jess, who listened to everything that I had to say - did not raise my voice or speak in an abusive manner - its not her fault - and amongst other things said that Andrew Dillon should lose his job for such incompetence.
love it

The gall of them, after telling players and fans they can’t have more rounds because not enough people come, and now they will preen like a sold out GF - that regular match attendees can’t get into - is a good thing.

Hoo boy, they certainly paid attention during the World Cup to what happens when you ******* build it (with plenty of seats).
I think in time they could play some of the aflw games prior to the men’s games . There is no doubt people are starting to support it more due to the club affiliation

There are many things that the AFL and by extension the AFLW clearly don't understand one is that there is still a level of tribalism just under the surface of the supporter bases.

Agree.

Paper bag park is quite frankly an awful ground to get to for the majority of people except for those that live close by or on the close tram lines. I’m not that far from the CBD but a trip to there would be minimum 2-2.5 hour allowance to make sure I end up there on time. That is nuts compared to docklands.

I think you are dead right with that.

It also seems that Kelli might have had the inside word on Sunday the way she spoke.
I have to agree with you SoS….my ears pricked up during the intro to round 3 or 4 highlights with ms Underwood getting very excited by a Conti play…..😡

I have to agree with you SoS….my ears pricked up during the intro to round 3 or 4 highlights with ms Underwood getting very excited by a Conti play…..😡
My bet is that they pre-recorded the highlight reels and the staff involved in the production knew exactly what the outcome was. Kelli might have been subliminally signalling to the football world that she is a very important person during the commentary call on Sunday.

My bet is that they pre-recorded the highlight reels and the staff involved in the production knew exactly what the outcome was. Kelli might have been subliminally signalling to the football world that she is a very important person during the commentary call on Sunday.
Yeah well stood out like a ten foot pole last night….almost 24 hrs later and lm still 😡
Hopefully Jas does a Corey and has a bit of fun with the mic when accepting hopefully a premiership medal on Sunday…..but those creatures in lime green have me very nervous…..

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back