AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Dakota Davidson is a thug. And she gets away with it.

And why wasn't that last front on spoil against our girl (didn't have time to see who she was) in that last marking contest a free against her?

They got 4 of their 5 goals from umpiring gifts. The umps did their job. They'd be shattered by the way Brisbane blew it.

I mentioned it already but Craven has clearly put in a mountain of work, looks a lot leaner and stronger which suits the running game. She's going to have a big season I think
Sounds a bit silly but she even looked taller today, she had a ripping game and will be very important in our premiership tilt.

Yes Tess has certainly improved but anyone surprised by her game today hasn't been watching her very closely. Her finals performance last year was very good. She is an absolute rock on the fat side of the ground and she is so good at killing the ball when she is heavily outnumbered or outsized.
Yes there’s a few on here who were laughing at Tess early last year - egg on face for them

Scintillating footy that. I’ve never seen us play better.

Some of King’s tap work in the middle was pure art.

Wall back is such a big in. Just an absolute beast and love the aggression she brings.

Bella should teach small forward craft at the club.

Randall was sensational with her pressure, bringing the ball to ground and dishing off to the smalls.

Not a single weak link out there.

Just generally we were so hungry, I lost count of all the smothers about half way through the first quarter.

The previous highest score conceded by Brisbane was 10.7.67 against Fremantle in 2019, and it's only the second time they have conceded 10 or more goals since the start of the AFLW. They have been at or near the top since day 1 of the AFLW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a beautiful way to spend a Sunday afternoon
I absolutely love Ash Riddell, first touch, ball use and work rate are all off the charts
Maybe the best I have seen us move the ball
Our hand balling, particularly inside the forward 50, was particularly good today.

Reckon we are going all the way this year.

The hell us supporters have been through - every win will be celebrated to the fullest

Revenge against the reigning premiers, whom we have never beaten until now, on their home turf, by their largest ever losing margin and conceded score in general...

Celebrate away IMO, it was pretty damn good.

Revenge against the reigning premiers, whom we have never beaten until now, on their home turf, by their largest ever losing margin and conceded score in general...

Celebrate away IMO, it was pretty damn good.
Celebrate Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

So much to love in that game - and yes I’ve watched them again - but maybe my favourite was Vicki Wall’s second goal. The confidence and the skill to do that from there, in the wind and with a ball she’s barely had in her hands for a year (and relatively very little over her whole life). She is really special.

So much to love in that game - and yes I’ve watched them again - but maybe my favourite was Vicki Wall’s second goal. The confidence and the skill to do that from there, in the wind and with a ball she’s barely had in her hands for a year (and relatively very little over her whole life). She is really special.

It bended perfectly.

Just did a sneaky pre-dawn re-watch. I usually listen on the ABC app, the Kayo commentary team are really mediocre. And the ABC keeps fielding Malthouse, even though I'm in their messages weekly like a Nostra, begging them to replace him with anyone, a mime artist. The Kayo team had poor analysis and didn't really see NMFC on the ground until the third quarter.

Just did a sneaky pre-dawn re-watch. I usually listen on the ABC app, the Kayo commentary team are really mediocre. And the ABC keeps fielding Malthouse, even though I'm in their messages weekly like a Nostra, begging them to replace him with anyone, a mime artist. The Kayo team had poor analysis and didn't really see NMFC on the ground until the third quarter.
Yeah, it wasn’t good. Maybe Alice can have a breakout year - anyone who was watching saw her do that last season. The guy was more interested in sharing his background research than calling the game. And the way they were talking, assume they weren’t in Brisbane?

I just caught Crocks’ press conference, liked how he also noted that most of the Lions goals came from frees/a 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back