AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a small sample size but I think Randall has been working on her goal kicking, her action seemed different on that last goal.

Wait and see how she goes with more shots I suppose.

Can't believe AoL got done but Davidson walks free. I am also dark that the Craven mark against two didn't get a mark of the week nom. It was a cracker - no one expected it.
Not a great week - there were many defensive marks in our game as good as the one that was nominated.

Can't believe AoL got done but Davidson walks free. I am also dark that the Craven mark against two didn't get a mark of the week nom. It was a cracker - no one expected it.
Alice got a goal of the week nomination for her third quarter goal.

I noticed this when watching a replay of the game, but it looks like the two players clipped feet just as Alice tackles her and was trying to turn her onto her side.

Last edited:
Just watched the replay. Such a joyful thing, watching our girls dominate that game. Brisbane get three charity goals and a charity 50 to prevent it from being a 10 goal hiding. As emphatic as you can get.

So many players stepping up and delivering quality. Too many to name, but I'll try.
Emma, Ash and Jas of course, leading the way. O'Loughlin is a star. She will be missed this week. Vicki Wall, my goodness what a pickup she is to have her back in the team. Tess Craven taking the next step. Looks like a footballer. Mia King continues on from last year, Emma much the same. Bella Eddy has taken the next step as well. Great game.

Love Tahlia Randall and what she brings to our forward line: aggression, skill and selflessness. Gave off four goals. Loving the wax and waning between Taylah Gatt and Erika O'Shea. They look like twins out there. Shierlaw looks setlled and happy, and playing her bit. Kim Rennie so important to our structure.

Nicole Bresnhan looks fit and determined. Her link up run was great yesterday. Ruby Tripodi is improving and looks like she's just about establish. Niamh Martin: kick two goals every week and you're a lock as wel..

Libby Birch: welcome to North Melbourne. Keep playing that way all season, please. Sarah Wright and Jas Ferguson weren't need a whole lot, but are both so reliable.

Jenna Bruton to come back. So this side will get even better. Wow.

Loving watching these girls play. Long way to go, but they could NOT have started any better. If you'e lukewarm about our girls, get on board! The perfect antidote to the men's season. Hopefully our boys will draw some inspiration from how hard the girls seemed to have worked in the offseason. They're an inspiration.

The addition of Birch to our backline seems to allow Wright to utilise her speed more too. Overall, everything is looking up for us this season. However, it should be remembered that Brisbane got rolled by the Tigers in R1 up there last season. They, obviously, are slow out of the blocks. Regardless, a 40+ points win away from home can’t be ignored.

I hope we appeal, Alice did everything right tackling the player who was already falling forward.

There was a tackle in the fourth where one of the Brisbane players jumped into Kearney knees first, I wonder if that tackle was looked at.
Yep she was the second player in and happily slid knees into the head…clear as day on the vision.
Also one miss Dakota with her forearms whack to the face of Vikki when pretending to be tough at the end of the second…and lm sure there was another incident where she should be sighted as well .

Are you serious..so going on that precedent you can whack a player in the face with your forearms….
This mro is pathetic

Just watched the replay. Such a joyful thing, watching our girls dominate that game. Brisbane get three charity goals and a charity 50 to prevent it from being a 10 goal hiding. As emphatic as you can get.

So many players stepping up and delivering quality. Too many to name, but I'll try.
Emma, Ash and Jas of course, leading the way. O'Loughlin is a star. She will be missed this week. Vicki Wall, my goodness what a pickup she is to have her back in the team. Tess Craven taking the next step. Looks like a footballer. Mia King continues on from last year, Emma much the same. Bella Eddy has taken the next step as well. Great game.

Love Tahlia Randall and what she brings to our forward line: aggression, skill and selflessness. Gave off four goals. Loving the wax and waning between Taylah Gatt and Erika O'Shea. They look like twins out there. Shierlaw looks setlled and happy, and playing her bit. Kim Rennie so important to our structure.

Nicole Bresnhan looks fit and determined. Her link up run was great yesterday. Ruby Tripodi is improving and looks like she's just about establish. Niamh Martin: kick two goals every week and you're a lock as wel..

Libby Birch: welcome to North Melbourne. Keep playing that way all season, please. Sarah Wright and Jas Ferguson weren't need a whole lot, but are both so reliable.

Jenna Bruton to come back. So this side will get even better. Wow.

Loving watching these girls play. Long way to go, but they could NOT have started any better. If you'e lukewarm about our girls, get on board! The perfect antidote to the men's season. Hopefully our boys will draw some inspiration from how hard the girls seemed to have worked in the offseason. They're an inspiration.
One player who I think deserves greater appreciation (from me included) is Bella Eddey, she is very classy player, one of the best kicks in the team and has a nice turn of speed. She and O'Loughlin are a dangerous combination up forward, but I can see her moving into the midfield in the coming seasons, with her speed and creativity coming out of the centre causes all sort of problems for opposition defenses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The addition of Birch to our backline seems to allow Wright to utilise her speed more too. Overall, everything is looking up for us this season. However, it should be remembered that Brisbane got rolled by the Tigers in R1 up there last season. They, obviously, are slow out of the blocks. Regardless, a 40+ points win away from home can’t be ignored.
She needs to fix up her disposals though, I think 4 or 5 of her kicks went to an opponent, but one of the best things about the performance on the weekend was the team's ability to provide cover for any turnovers, either with the player themselves and their second efforts, or the team structure meaning we always had a player in cover.

One player who I think deserves greater appreciation (from me included) is Bella Eddey, she is very classy player, one of the best kicks in the team and has a nice turn of speed. She and O'Loughlin are a dangerous combination up forward, but I can see her moving into the midfield in the coming seasons, with her speed and creativity coming out of the centre causes all sort of problems for opposition defenses.
Agree…under the radar a bit but l thought her game on the weekend was brilliant…especially that patch where she banged in a couple…always seems to drift in at the right moment…

Bella is officially one of us as the player we sponsor for the second year in a row, great to see her developing nicely

Love Beddey

Dakota gives off very female Jake Stringer vibes. Nice to beat her, and comprehensively too. Did basically nothing after quarter time.

Really disappointed we didn't appeal.

Roos forward accepts suspension after Lions clash

Roos forward accepts suspension after Lions clash​

North Melbourne forward Alice O'Loughlin has accepted a one-match suspension for rough conduct in Sunday's AFLW season opener against Brisbane
By NMFC Media
1 hr ago
W01BrNM24MS053616860-AOL.jpg

North Melbourne forward Alice O'Loughlin has accepted a one-match suspension for rough conduct in Sunday's AFLW season opener against Brisbane.
O'Loughlin kicked two goals against the Lions in one of the best outings of her career so far, including a brilliant third-quarter snap that has put her in contention for the Week 1 NAB AFLW Goal of the Year nomination.
She earned four coaches' votes for her performance, which featured six inside 50s and 19 disposals.
The incident, which occurred in Sunday's fourth quarter, was graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact.
O'Loughlin will now miss Sunday's AFLW SuperClash against Geelong at Arden Street.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back