North Melbourne Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't paid much attention to it, but was it known who did the deed a fortnight ago or has he only just come forward?
We tend to be late with our delistings every year if I recall correctly and if the club was aware before the SA police posted the pic on facebook two days ago then I am sure that they would have told him to 'manage' his social media pages a little more carefully in the very least.

I doubt we will delist Dumont given the hearing date is November 25th. Dropping him now paints a terrible picture for the kid before that date in the eyes of everyone and I doubt it is something that we would do. We also don't know what actually transpired. If Dumont believes that the charges aren't warranted or if there is more to it then being reported, I think the club will stick fat regardless.

I think it is quite a surprising situation from the point of view that Dumont's behaviour was out of the norm since he has been drafted to the club. By all accounts he is a quiet, hard working kid. Stupid bloody behaviour.

We've been waiting on that potential from Jarad Waite for ny on a decade.
Has he played in a top 4 team before? I really like that you keep forcing me to post that we are top 4.

He is not a walk up start so fighting for his position might be the kick he needs. It's not like he is now in a bottom 6 team like the Blues or even a mediocre team like Essendon.

Has he played in a top 4 team before? I really like that you keep forcing me to post that we are top 4.

He is not a walk up start so fighting for his position might be the kick he needs. It's not like he is now in a bottom 6 team like the Blues or even a mediocre team like Essendon.

Yes essendon are a middle of the range outfit although we did outclass north in rd 1 before they returned the favour in the 2nd half of the ef. No doubt north had the superior season but don't think there is a whole lot between the teams and a number of other teams outside prob haw, syd and maybe port.

lol

You finished 6th

You make it sound like North Melbourne is in another stratosphere to Essendon. We beat you in round 1.

We've been waiting for Waite (&Higgins) to take the competition by storm for 8+ years. Whats going to change?

lol

You finished 6th

You make it sound like North Melbourne is in another stratosphere to Essendon. We beat you in round 1.

We've been waiting for Waite (&Higgins) to take the competition by storm for 8+ years. Whats going to change?

lol - GWS bet the Swans in round 1. Not sure going back to March is going to help you change my mind at how much better we are. The facts are clear.

We finished 4th essendon 8th. We won 4 more games. Like Essendon over Carlton's 5 extra games.

If the Blue supporters make a case to be just as good as Essendon I am sure you would have a laugh at them like we do at you.

Yes essendon are a middle of the range outfit although we did outclass north in rd 1 before they returned the favour in the 2nd half of the ef. No doubt north had the superior season but don't think there is a whole lot between the teams and a number of other teams outside prob haw, syd and maybe port.

Agree with Swans and Hawks being a bit in front and Port 3rd.

Hawks won 4 more games than North. That 4 game gap is interesting - we also defeated the Hawks during the year. Using Yoda's maths we must be just as good!!

Yet you indicate Hawthorn is in another stratosphere (or well above us) and we beat them during the H&A rounds.

I would have thought the "we beat you during H&A means we're better than you" logic had been shown to be fallacious many, many times on BF, but it still gets churned out when convenient.

Yet you indicate Hawthorn is in another stratosphere (or well above us) and we beat them during the H&A rounds.

I would have thought the "we beat you during H&A means we're better than you" logic had been shown to be fallacious many, many times on BF, but it still gets churned out when convenient.
Round 1 Gws defeated the Swans - its when some teams peak.

The weak sides try to win games early to sneak into the 8 while the good sides peak late in the run into finals. See how many finals each team won to work out which team is which.

Curious how North will set up their forward line now with Waite. Will Waite, Petrie, Brown and Black be too tall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious how North will set up their forward line now with Waite. Will Waite, Petrie, Brown and Black be too tall?
I think Waite will play back. With Grima fitness an issue Waite can take a good player. Black was very lucky to hold his spot as well so if he struggles early he may play 2's. Brown, Petrie and Black to be the 3 talls to start with. Waite will be handy to swing.

I think Waite will play back. With Grima fitness an issue Waite can take a good player. Black was very lucky to hold his spot as well so if he struggles early he may play 2's. Brown, Petrie and Black to be the 3 talls to start with. Waite will be handy to swing.
I agree that Waite will play back, and possibly swing forward depending on how games play out. If Black or Brown arent firing, Waite will move forward, and the other will be subbed for a runner.
Tarrant is more interesting to me, as he is being targeted to play back too. Maybe Grima is on the outer. He was bullied in the finals!

I agree that Waite will play back and possibly swing forward depending on how games play out. If Black or Brown arent firing, Waite will move forward, and the other will be subbed for a runner.
Tarrant is more interesting to me, as he is being targeted to play back too. Maybe Grima is on the outer. He was bullied in the finals!
Bit harsh on Grima. Tom Hawkins makes any key back look like a little kid, Kurt Tippett is similar size to Hawkins. He may have been bullied but he did enough to help us hold on for 2 amazing wins in the EF and SF :)

Bit harsh on Grima. Tom Hawkins makes any key back look like a little kid, Kurt Tippett is similar size to Hawkins. He may have been bullied but he did enough to help us hold on for 2 amazing wins in the EF and SF :)
I love Grima, but he was monstered in the finals. I totally agree with your comments about Tomahawk and Tippett, and it was surely the midfield pressure, or lack thereof, but he was still bullied!

I love Grima, but he was monstered in the finals. I totally agree with your comments about Tomahawk and Tippett, and it was surely the midfield pressure, or lack thereof, but he was still bullied!
He played on 3 KPF's that weigh over 100kgs in the finals, he did get bullied but as I said, he did enough to the point we held on and won those finals.

He played on 3 KPF's that weigh over 100kgs in the finals, he did get bullied but as I said, he did enough to the point we held on and won those finals.
Well, we won two of the finals! Not all of them.
Like I said, he's been a favourite of mine, and I hope he does very well, BUT he cant do it on his own. Neither can Scott Thompson for that manner...

Watching the Geelong semi now, and Grima played a great first 3/4 quarters. Last quarter, nobody in the league could have stopped Hawk, so Grima certainly had it tough!!

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back