Umpiring North v Pies R14 - Should have been 50m ?

Should a 50 have been paid to North in the last minute?

• Yes it was a clear 50

Votes: 204 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you look at the footage again he blows the whistle once for the mark and a second time to get them to stop. Curious what the umpire would have done had he not played on at this point.

Yes Bailey Scott should of got 50, Bobby Hill marks the ball at CHF late in the 3rd.

North player runs straight through protected zone at least 3-4 seconds after the mark not following a Pies player.

No 50 paid.

But I guess it's only Norf that had missed calls.
lol. because those 2 missed calls were of even weighting. it's thr equivalent of a pies player getting Barry Hall'd and the umps not playing high.

Could say the same thing about the Blues after Adelaide beat them, couldn’t we?

Agree though, lucky to get away with a win. Most other teams (top or otherwise), wouldn’t have had the grit to come back from 54 points down in the 3rd quarter.

And oh, from the supposed “neutrals” bleating about umpiring near the end, North had their share of umpire assisted goals, particularly in the first half. Didn’t hear the so called neutrals say Jack Shit about that though.
Examples?

Yes Bailey Scott should of got 50, Bobby Hill marks the ball at CHF late in the 3rd.

North player runs straight through protected zone at least 3-4 seconds after the mark not following a Pies player.

No 50 paid.

But I guess it's only Norf that had missed calls.
Well, they certainly had a lot more missed ones, considering they had the run of play for nearly the entire game yet Collingwood were very well looked after...

Seems to happen very frequently when Collingwood are losing, they miraculously get a massive rub of the green from the umps, despite getting dominated in all other aspects of the game. I don't think I've ever seen another club get the gifts they do when they are playing poorly.

1718524489417.png

North fans you can’t whinge about the umpires, you were up by 50+

Yes there were some contentious frees and a missed 50 to you, but the umpires didn’t win it for Collingwood
True, it should never have got that point. Seemed like we started playing not to lose rather take the game on like the first half.
That said those free kicks dont help a young team thats had more than its fair share of issues stopping momentum and thats exactly what it gave Collingwood.

It's not play on until the umpire calls it.

North were absolutely robbed. Only COllingwood would get away with a warning there - and maybe Sydney.

Crisp's 2nd quarter goal should have been overturned as it was touched.
It's also not 50 until the umpire calls it.

Should've been play on, when it wasn't it should've been 50. Umpire chickened out on 2 calls.

comedy fan GIF by CollingwoodFC

Oh well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No 50 paid.

But I guess it's only North that had missed calls.
Don't forget Jiath placing a hand on Xerri's back as the ball went over the boundary line. Free paid for something that happens 30 times a game. Xerri kicks it.

No 50 paid.

But I guess it's only North that had missed calls.

We got the 50 and goal through Daicos which was extremely lucky.

North fans have the right to feel aggrieved over a few.

The rest of you flogs supporting them vicariously only because of hatred of us, I will drink your delicious tears.
Not hatred, if Collingwood supporters were more humble and conceded they were helped then it wouldn't be such a big deal. Some of your supporters would die before admitting they got favourable treatment from the umpires

Not hatred, if Collingwood supporters were more humble and conceded they were helped then it wouldn't be such a big deal. Some of your supporters would die before admitting they got favourable treatment from the umpires

Like do they really think the crowd advantage doesn't play into pressure on umpires?

Of course it does. This week was the problem was exceedingly severe.

Umpire blew the whistle very late after the mark. I don't know why? Which is why both players continued to run at the North player.
Ump blew the whistle twice.
Once when Scott marked the ball, then a second time when both Collingwood players ran to tackle.
Should have been 50.
Scott looked at the ump to see if he was paying 50, he realised he wasn’t so he played on.

So a player is allowed to have a look 10 metres closer to centre from his line to goal and assess whether he plays on or not and oppo players have to just stand back and bear it?

Sorry, but you can't have two bites of the cherry!
That is the rule though.
It’s not play on until the umpire calls play on.
Should have been 50.

You have to be within striking distance to be any chance of benefiting from any umpiring luck at the end... it's true of every game. The best way to ensure luck has nothing to do with the result is not giving up a 50 point lead. You tell them I said that.
Had a few cheaps frees that led to goals that even led to being in striking distance champ.

Enough is enough. We can complain all we want, but if we keep supporting it it does f all. I'll give them one more chance, but about done for the season. A Sydney or Collingwood flag don't appeal to me anyway.

Back