North vs Collingwood - Season defining match?

Remove this Banner Ad

TassieSaint

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tassie Tigers
I realise that 2-4 isn't a season ending position, but I reckon it'll end up being that for the losing side. Both sides have lost matches they really shouldn't so far, and have a tough couple of weeks afterwards so a lot is on the line and I think the loser will suffer a lot.

Personally I cannot split them in terms of how I rate them, and I get the feeling only one of them will make the 8 so I reckon this will be an 8 point sort of game. Thoughts?

I realise that 2-4 isn't a season ending position, but I reckon it'll end up being that for the losing side. Both sides have lost matches they really shouldn't so far, and have a tough couple of weeks afterwards so a lot is on the line and I think the loser will suffer a lot.

Personally I cannot split them in terms of how I rate them, and I get the feeling only one of them will make the 8 so I reckon this will be an 8 point sort of game. Thoughts?

I personally think neither side will do any damage in September regardless. So it doesn't even matter.

Our season has already been defined. Utter shit.
The two sides we've managed to play slightly less pathetically than were the ones I had down as 15th and 16th.
This will quite possibly be the most one-sided Friday night game ever. Collingwood by 100+, despite playing poorly themselves.

LOL I agree Howard

We are rooted, if anyone loses to us this year then they are going nowhere in a hurry.

Our season will be defined by when we get rid of Laidley and have some hope that we will get a coach that knows what a midfield should look like and understands the benefit of using the corridor.

We are rooted, if anyone loses to us this year then they are going nowhere in a hurry.

Our season will be defined by when we get rid of Laidley and have some hope that we will get a coach that knows what a midfield should look like and understands the benefit of using the corridor.

You can see he was Malthouse's understudy thats the exact same thing thats wrong with Mick.

God that sounds familiar.

Geez a bit pessasmistic so far guys.

I don't think either teams done yet surely?

Both have had 1 good win each (one a bit more impressive than the other of course) another one could set their season back on track.

Also now that you mention it, could a loss lead to the demise of one of the coaches? Both are probably on thinner ice than most.

btw I'm tipping pies by 5 in a thriller

You can see he was Malthouse's understudy thats the exact same thing thats wrong with Mick.

I'm afraid that if Mick gets the flick then someone will be delusional enough to get him at North.

I tolerated Laidley in the first two or three years because he was new but he is a Chameleon, he changes the game plan every second year to adopt something someone else has used, which by that point is already out of date. Most player development has stagnated or gone backwards in recent years, only a couple of players have gone forwards.

We just don't play to our strengths and our skills are shocking, we are woeful. We made Richmond look like a hard side and they are the toothpick squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL he did learn from the master of not rating corridor footy...:D

Not even a quarter into the season and we are already getting comments like this. What a laugh! :p. It's only round 5 and you are saying that one of the teams won't be in the finals? If one of them was Saint Kilda, tou wouldn't have written THEM off. :thumbsdown:

Not even a quarter into the season and we are already getting comments like this. What a laugh! :p. It's only round 5 and you are saying that one of the teams won't be in the finals? If one of them was Saint Kilda, tou wouldn't have written THEM off. :thumbsdown:
I'm not writing either team off, I just think that a loss to either team would put them in a very hard position. As others have said both teams appear ot be amongst a group fighting for the last couple of spots in the 8 so it's an 8 point game. Obviously both teams could make the 8 or miss it but I don't think it's too unfair to speculate.

If St Kilda were in a similar position I would say the exact same thing and be shitting myself hoping we would win

Collingwood season has already been defined we are gonna play the same inconsiestant crap as last year. Would not surprise me at all if we lost to north and then beat the saints even though the saints are the vastly superior side.

Collingwood season has already been defined we are gonna play the same inconsiestant crap as last year. Would not surprise me at all if we lost to north and then beat the saints even though the saints are the vastly superior side.
Inconsistent crap is better than total crap. At least you have the lottery factor to keep you interested. Its just morbid curiosity for us.

They should set up seats in the centre square for lucky spectators to get a unique view. Not like the players will be occupying that real estate.

after watching that last 3 mins on Anzac Day i come to a few opinions.

1) We have no idea whatsoever how to slow down a game and get into positions to dictate the state of play.
2) Mick Malthouse should not stay on next season, game plan is shit and if its not the game plan then the players are unable to execute it.
3) our goal kicking is ordinary bar Anthony. Players in the last missed easy goals that would have killed off the game.
4)Paddy Ryder showed more heart in 1 game then Josh Fraser has shown in his career, harsh but true. I dont think Josh knows what a 2nd effort is.

As for the game on Friday night, if we lose this then we are looking down the barrel as we wont beat St Kilda or Carlton the way we r playing and we will be sitting at 2 win and 6 losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

North vs Collingwood - Season defining match?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back