Northaholics anonymous

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad Happy Hour GIF

I was in a different mood when I went to the game tonight. I hadn't been to a night MCG game in a very long time. I knew in my head that tonight was a 10 goal smashing at the very least but my heart was like 'gee... if Cam gets firing and we match them a bit in the middle what if?' Hahahah you utter fool.

What happens instead? We get belted by almost 100 points, we barely put up a fight, seagulls come from nowhere and (as if we were cursed enough) shit all over the North supporters sitting in the club's designated bays that showed up (in a way it kept us more entertained watching out for bird shit than watching the game). I got shat on 5 mins before the game finished (to make my night worse), I go home feeling so flat not even a maccas run could help mitigate some of the everlasting pain of watching this footy club letting me down week after week.

Probably going to go next week with zero expectations and still be disappointed ready to come back on here to repeat the same shit.

C'mon Nor- oh get stuffed. See you next week lads!

The only time I was angry about a loss so far this season was the hawthorn game. Was adamant that wasn’t going to go to the Good Friday game after that shitshow. Ended up going if course.

And strangely enough, I had almost no emotions after leaving the MCG half way through the third quarter. Not sure why we stayed that long really.

The only disappointment I am feeling is for my youngest son who is 12. He lives and breathes footy and keeps wondering why I chose North all those years ago

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s not good for me. But I can’t stop watching…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Time to go cold turkey.... Rather than watching these turkeys.
I reckon ratts had some pretty concerning things to say in that post match presser.

Sounds like the wheels are dangerously close to completely falling off and is slalom bobsledding the bus off the cliff.

Darkest days we’ve had, and I reckon they’re ready to light the bonfire at the end of the year. Lots to shake up

Still watch the scores but as a 40 year old member have turned to footy gambling for the yr . Its too painful to watch us currently it hurts my heart and brain too much. Will continue as a member probably forever but considering not renewing my seats for the first time in maybe 15 yrs. Might rejoin the cheer squad for a change of scenery and maybe luck

The last 5 years, and I dare say, the next 5 years, will kill our supporter numbers in a decade or 2. There wouldn't be a single kid in Australia over that time saying, "Mum/Dad, I wanna barrack for North Melbourne."

The last 5 years, and I dare say, the next 5 years, will kill our supporter numbers in a decade or 2. There wouldn't be a single kid in Australia over that time saying, "Mum/Dad, I wanna barrack for North Melbourne."
Can see North parents using it as a threat "eat your brussel sprouts or I will make you barrack for my team North".

I have lived with this curse all my life, born on 01/10/1977.

There's simply no way I could ever follow anyone else, but there is a chance I just don't follow AFL. Slim, but still there.

I don't say the above lightly, however, my cup of resilience is darn near empty. Like all of us, there is other shit in life to deal with. What should be a happy and enriching experience is actually just making me a sad, grumpy old campaigner.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back