News Northern Bullants v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

From the vfl website:

2009 VFL Seniors
Collingwood 2.3 6.3 10.5 16.8 (104)
Northern Bullants 1.1 4.7 4.10 7.12 (54)

GOALS:
Collingwood: Dawes 3 Hunt 3 Beams 2 Frost 2 Bryan 2 Blair McCarthy Sheahan MacAffer
Northern Bullants: Tiller 2 Bentley Morgan Meese Hartlett Ellard

BEST:
Collingwood: Hunt Blair Colbert Beams Dyas Barham
Northern Bullants: Bannister Morgan Hartlett Iacobucci Bransgrove Grigg

Real dissapointing result from the Ants, at least Hartlett and Grigg in the best and Tiller booted a couple.

Went out to Visy Park today, in what was a pretty disappointing game from pretty much everyone. Both Edwards and Hartlett started in the backline, and didn't have a huge impact. Edwards went forward after 1/4 time, and didn't do much up there either.

Hadley was ok, but you'd expect more from him at a lower level. Joe Anderson has improved since the last time I saw him, and is closer to AFL level than what he was late last year.

Johnson and Grigg both got a bit of it, but alot of it was outside the contest, although their delivery was pretty good - particularly Johnson.

The guy that caught my eye the most was Tiller. Didn't get much of it, but kept leading, and ended up kicking 2 for the game. Unlikely to ever be a KPP, but is another Brad Fisher in the making - albeit a better kick for goal.

Don't think anyone from todays game really did enough to push for senior selection, so it will be interesting to see what happens during the week.

Yarran didn't play either. Don't know what happened there.

Good to see Tiller's name up there, and Hartlett again in the best. How can he not be give a go. Grigg must be close to replacing Russell, he's twice the player Russell is.

No good for Yarran, hope he can play well next week, the kid needs to do an apprentership down back.

Seems like Anderson is playing good consistant footy, if a defender goes down he'd have to be 1st in line.

Maybe the reason for the funeral was part of his omission from the senior team aswell? Thoughts go out to the kid and family.

Hartlett's performing consistently alright it seems. Not yet but soon and he could be back in the senior side. Happy on Tiller, we might of just found one with this fella.

See what happens when you leave Brad Fisher out of the side!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great to hear Caleb Tiller's pushed up for bullants seniors selection, and managed to kick 2 goals :)
i also hope Ellard can get a run around in the navy blue soon :)
and hoping o'keeffe will debut sometime this year :)

disappointing result, but some positives to take out of the game

Neither got much of a wrap from HBF, but Hartlett & Bannister got named in the best again...

Wouldn't be in serious contention this week, and with Scotland, Grigg & Carrazzo the more likely to come in the next week/s it delays it further, but geez these two need to get their chance sooner rather than later.

They are playing for their careers, and need the time to not only cement a place in the seniors, but prove that any good form can be carried over a number of weeks to warrant an extension on our list. Form dependant, I hope both come in during the Bombers/Freo games.

Neither got much of a wrap from HBF, but Hartlett & Bannister got named in the best again...

Wouldn't be in serious contention this week, and with Scotland, Grigg & Carrazzo the more likely to come in the next week/s it delays it further, but geez these two need to get their chance sooner rather than later.

They are playing for their careers, and need the time to not only cement a place in the seniors, but prove that any good form can be carried over a number of weeks to warrant an extension on our list. Form dependant, I hope both come in during the Bombers/Freo games.
Rollercoaster ride continues
Thanks for the reports

Is he injured?

I think he played yesterday.

With the emergence of Hampson and Austin, the return of Fisher and the selectors giving Setanta a run I don't see Cloke breaking back into the side any time soon. With the potential returns of Jacobs and Warnock, he'll have to kick a huge bag of goals to be any chance.

Sorry b_g, and other WA blue sponsors, but I think Ellard's slight chance of making it is better than Cloke's long term outlook.

I think he played yesterday.

With the emergence of Hampson and Austin, the return of Fisher and the selectors giving Setanta a run I don't see Cloke breaking back into the side any time soon. With the potential returns of Jacobs and Warnock, he'll have to kick a huge bag of goals to be any chance.

Sorry b_g, and other WA blue sponsors, but I think Ellard's slight chance of making it is better than Cloke's long term outlook.
Getting dropped to the Ants is the best thing to happen for Cloke. It should be a wake up call and it is up to him to step up or fall off the map. Test of the man. I hope for the best but is good now that we have the depth that allows the players not performing to be replaced and not allowed to get a free run....man that is open to a torrent of abuse eg JR etc

If we want to keep being competitive up forward then he'll be in the 2's all year.

Lack of skills and speed allow him to be easily exploited by the opposition. Unfortunately just isn't going to take us where we want to go.
Couldn't someone even Sticks himself work closely with him to try to improve his faults? If we could improve his deficiencies his strengths could be handy for us. Too early to forget him yesterday but needs to improve. Whether his skills are lacking as they are just crap or whether he has issues (scarred by Carlos) I am not sure.

If we want to keep being competitive up forward then he'll be in the 2's all year.

Lack of skills and speed allow him to be easily exploited by the opposition. Unfortunately just isn't going to take us where we want to go.
Couldn't have said it better myself. There are some faults you can't improve or get rid of and he has them.

I think Clokey will struggle to get back in as well, especially if Hammer keeps improving and Kruezer keeps doing his thing. However, I reckon the fact that his family has some personal issues as at moment wouldn't help. Gun shot through your family's house window is enough to shake anyone up.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Northern Bullants v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back