Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bundoora were average on the weekend, although they still have grossman shaw fletcher and cole to come back in and lost croughan in the first quarter and contessa in the second

Average hey, no credit to Macleod for being a competive side in div 1 and taking it up to your blokes not like Thomastown. Macleod had Shaw, Bennett, Ewart, Murray all out and lost Bottomley in the 2nd quarter.
Want to hear excuses Macleod not kicking straight when in front of goal cost them the game.

slasher my statement had nothing to do with macloed efforts, you blokes get your backs up easy dont use, not everything on here is about macloed.
And by the way i was actually speaking to puff after the game and said you probably should have won the game use had enough of it in the last quarter?

Just wondering where all those negative posters are about SAUL CADDY??
Hope he gets another flag with stinga...

A touch of the Barry Hall's about Chops. Stood behind the goals in the 1st quarter with a couple of West Preston legends and we were staggered at the blatant mauling tatics from Watt & Gannon. Caddy pulled down in the contest, held by the shorts and plenty of arm hacking, all without a free kick. Full credit to Saul who kept his cool, gave off a couple and finished with a half dozen for the day.

Stinga possibly lucky to be on the park after a trip to the judiciary earlier in the week. Knocked cold at a stoppage early in the last 1/4, helped off by the trainers and deposited his cordial behind the coaches box. Came back on with the game in the balance and collected half a dozen contested possessions which resulted in four goals. Rate him as one of the best local DVFL/NFL talents in the last decade.

Not sure what happened to the Roosters. Played three tight contested quarters then didn't fire a shot when it counted. Billy Morrison caught everything except a cold across half back. Young Williams (son of Diesel) had plenty of the ball but wasted it a bit.

Damn cold place with the Gilbert Rd Doctor blowing all day.

... Stinga possibly lucky to be on the park after a trip to the judiciary earlier in the week. ... Rate him as one of the best local DVFL/NFL talents in the last decade. ... Billy Morrison caught everything except a cold across half back. ...

'Skeeta' gave Mrs Bennetts' little boy Andy nothing more than a love-tap as a welcome to Div 1 and he don't play the following week. What the ... we're all led to believe Andy Bennett was the best local DVFL/NFL talent in the last decade ;)

Billy Morrison went very well as did a few others. Went alright West. However, we'll see how they go at Heidelberg.

From what I saw on the weekend, taking nothing away from Macleod's effort on the weekend, Bundoora were not that flash....

Let's just give the cup to Heidelberg now coz the rest are making up numbers in all seriousness. They are as certain as death & taxes.
underbelly if the bergers start getting any injuires they will be in ttrouble dont have enough man power 2 cover them

underbelly if the bergers start getting any injuires they will be in ttrouble dont have enough man power 2 cover them
Concur.
From the results in the Reserves it appears the Tigers don't bat as deeply as they have in the past. Houlihan's move interstate won't help. Question is, can other teams bridge the (substantial) gap?
Cougars active with late additions. What other surprises will arise pre June 30 ;)

pretty sure andy bennett played is he no:6, got cleaned up in the second quarter
went off, came back on but didnt do too much all day

pretty sure andy bennett played is he no:6, got cleaned up in the second quarter
went off, came back on but didnt do too much all day
yeah andy has been real quiet the last few weeks but his still in the top 5 lol. i think you will fid slasher ment jeremy bennett being out.

Just wondering where all those negative posters are about SAUL CADDY??

Quick to try a pot blokes over minor issues all the time, it all steams from jealousy. The man is an out and out gun park footy player.
Great to see he is kicking bags of goals still, 40 in 7 games, good stuff from the old fellow.
Knowing his kicking and also seeing that heidelberg have kicked a few points i'm sure he has missed a few opportunities to kick a few more goals.
Hope he gets another flag with stinga...
has caddy let crossica and the committee know he wont be playing against macleod but will be standing in the middle of the macleod crowd to make sure they dont say naughty words. well CHOPSEWIE let us all know pal.

Average hey, no credit to Macleod for being a competive side in div 1 and taking it up to your blokes not like Thomastown. Macleod had Shaw, Bennett, Ewart, Murray all out and lost Bottomley in the 2nd quarter.
Want to hear excuses Macleod not kicking straight when in front of goal cost them the game.
Yeh macleod played pretty well, but never really looked liked getting there, i hope your not putting, those 4 blokes in the same category as, shaw, grossman, cole, fletcher, contessa and coughan, cos that would be funny!

You are a clown footy luver. After your comment about trevor Barrot i don't think to many people on here will read to many of your posts. Tongue in cheek son. I wanted to have the week off but Crosissca said he is instead look out Macleod.Good to see your back at the Colts Rock that place is'nt the same when your not there. What about the big ten last week we'll catch up soon.

Yeh macleod played pretty well, but never really looked liked getting there, i hope your not putting, those 4 blokes in the same category as, shaw, grossman, cole, fletcher, contessa and coughan, cos that would be funny!

The fact you have put COLE alongside those names makes it funny and I follow them.......................please :eek:

Let's just hope they get 10 knee reco's over the next 10 weeks just to even up the competition......aint gonna happen. Head & Shoulders above the rest. 50 + wins on the trot and still counting.
Easily covered West Preston & Bundoora. Only team to test them this year has been Northcote Park and the Bergers put the foot to the metal in the last quarter and left dust in their wake......

Who are the real contenders ???Come on, name them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has caddy let crossica and the committee know he wont be playing against macleod but will be standing in the middle of the macleod crowd to make sure they dont say naughty words. well CHOPSEWIE let us all know pal.

LOL - no need.
Mail from up the Hume is a former warrior and club talisman is being brought out of cold storage after a stint up the bush and will suit up in the next few weeks. Premierships in '04, '06, '08 - looking to round out the trophy cabinet in another even numbered year. Doubles as crowd controller.

2010 Round 13. A slab says Saul will kick 10 goals. Not a bad bet from a Macleod perspective considering the Heidelberg backs will be kicking goals on that ground.

Underbelly, too early and to close to predict who's gonna take a shot at the title. No worries about injuries. I could name many who are ready to rock n roll.

I'm not saying Lalor will get relegated but for all you people on here who think your footy experts and were trying to throw darts at the Boro don't be suprised if the slime scrape in for 5th position. starting to get some valuable players back on the track.

I'm not saying Lalor will get relegated but for all you people on here who think your footy experts and were trying to throw darts at the Boro don't be suprised if the slime scrape in for 5th position. starting to get some valuable players back on the track.

Cudos where it's due....I'm gonna tip the Slime this week. Macleod will also welcome back some valuable players as well this week.

On another matter, I think Macleod have unearthed a future star watch in BIG WALTER. Had a great debut last week and gave some much need rucking assistance to Longy. Must be 200 cms now and still growing.

2010 Round 13. A slab says Saul will kick 10 goals. Not a bad bet from a Macleod perspective considering the Heidelberg backs will be kicking goals on that ground.

Underbelly, too early and to close to predict who's gonna take a shot at the title. No worries about injuries. I could name many who are ready to rock n roll.

What about a wager for this weekend? Mont to win at least two of the three?

... I think Macleod have unearthed a future star watch in BIG WALTER. Had a great debut last week and gave some much need rucking assistance to Longy. Must be 200 cms now and still growing.

Number 54. Played in the Res against Heidelberg. If so, played very well.

J&B, not this Round. Looks like it's going to be wet and windy.

Quote from the lalor Football Club website.

"Leadership group meeting Tuesday night 8:00 PM - Playing group meeting Thursday 8:00 PM - Be there or face huge repremands, clearences and deregistration may follow for non attendance."

What a motivational message this is for a club who is on the bottom of the ladder !
Obviosly the same genius that came up with the fines for not attending pre-season training that contributed to Lance Whitnall retiring ( for 2 weeks before he came back in another league) must think this sort of rev up will inspire players to play better?
Lalor has gone into self destruct mode this season and is heading back to division 2 after such a promising return to division 1 in 08 and 09.

Lalor has gone into self destruct mode this season and is heading back to division 2 after such a promising return to division 1 in 08 and 09.

Only Jonathan Brown (God) knows why I feel compelled to stick up for Lala since I've hated them to the core all of my life.

However, the nucleous of their Playing group isn't all that bad, Players like Marshall, Sheppard , Czerny, Morrison, Gibson, Curtiss, Mafiliovski, Delcus are all very solid contributors. As a club they may lack Depth, but not spirit.

I just wonder if the Modern age of coaching has maybe finally passed by for Easto??

Oh by the way, No I am not suffering severe head injuries (at least no more than usual) I'm just throwing out an unconventional and unexpected Kickass like comment.

And Yes, I still hate Lala with an utmost passion :)

You are a clown footy luver. After your comment about trevor Barrot i don't think to many people on here will read to many of your posts. Tongue in cheek son. I wanted to have the week off but Crosissca said he is instead look out Macleod.Good to see your back at the Colts Rock that place is'nt the same when your not there. What about the big ten last week we'll catch up soon.
did i pot trevor? refresh my memory for me. good to see you have cleared up the rd 13 game v macleod. apology accepted.

Whats up with Northcote? Last week they looked like giant killers, this week they are beaten by the bottom team???

I don't want to harp on about this but I remain surprised there isn't more debate on here about the form of Northcote Park. They were touted as big improvers pre season, they have had an injection of quality players from regional Vic and they (at times) have shown great capability but their season is rapidly imploding......

Im not trying to point the finger, just genuinely interested on how NP people think they are traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back