Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well they would have to do something to bolster their attendances. Last Saturday there was a solid size crowd due to the Panther faithfull turning up in droves. Just as well coz there were bugger all Boro supporters there!

Have no fear, there will be a healthy number in the away section this week.... we owe a big turn out due to the numbers we got in round 2... we also owe a pumping! :eek: however I reckon there'd be even more if the pies weren't playing.

Lots of confident Panthers around I'm sure, at home and in form. But its gone a little quiet this week...

Thinking someone might like to have a wager?

Was thinking $500 - perhaps some of the Panther might want to get syndicate together?!

Lots of confident Panthers around I'm sure, at home and in form. But its gone a little quiet this week...

Was thinking $500 - perhaps some of the Panther might want to get syndicate together?!

$500 eh?? Sounds like you must have been given the word up on the Green V Briggs fight to be splashing that kind of cash.

I'm not a betting man J&B otherwise I'd be all over that. Maybe Denny Crane and a few of the Canhillers might be interested but getting money out them would be like extracting the last tooth standing of a 30 year collingwood supporter.

Yes lots of confident Panthers but being realistic the odds are against us.

Although we are playing against a traditional rival in front of a big home crowd and are going for 6 in a row and consolidation of a position in the top five, the hounour of retaing the Ken Hines Shield and in memory of the Late Danny Strickland. So take us lightly at your peril! ;)

BTW - The last time we won six in a row (in Div 1) was way back in 1974 and the last time we defeated Mont twice in the one season was even further back in 1970, 40 years ago. (yes I plaigerised part of this from www.elthamfc.com.au)

Catch ya at the game, I'll be drinking Lates somewhere near the coffee van so feel free to venture up and have a hot chocholate on K.A's account. :D

Although we are playing against a traditional rival in front of a big home crowd and are going for 6 in a row and consolidation of a position in the top five, the hounour of retaing the Ken Hines Shield and in memory of the Late Danny Strickland. So take us lightly at your peril! ;)

Catch ya at the game, I'll be drinking Lates somewhere near the coffee van so feel free to venture up and have a hot chocholate on K.A's account. :D

Dont think its been treated lightly - probably the opposite given the scars of round 2.

Yep I'll pop over for a cafe latte ... you might have to act as the go between if there is a taker on the bet ;) Go Mont!

i was just wondering who people thought would be running in the top three of there
clubs b&f this year?
justin (scooter) white will be winning macleods or should be then you could throw a blanket over coor,lynch,longy,bennett,shaw and lundberg.......:)

Dont think its been treated lightly - probably the opposite given the scars of round 2.

Yep I'll pop over for a cafe latte ... you might have to act as the go between if there is a taker on the bet ;) Go Mont!

I saw the best CHB in the comp by a mile in S Tennant on the weekend. Apparently he took 24 marks but I reckon that was a bit light.
It will be interesting to see if he lines up on Currie and who gets the honours.

I saw the best CHB in the comp by a mile in S Tennant on the weekend. Apparently he took 24 marks but I reckon that was a bit light.
It will be interesting to see if he lines up on Currie and who gets the honours.

Although he plays forward a little more these days I suspect one D(ale) Nolan might lay claim to the title.

His a handy player but would still reckon Dale Nolan has got him covered as the best CHB in the comp.

Although he plays forward a little more these days I suspect one D(ale) Nolan might lay claim to the title.

Nolan is a star no doubt .. in his prime I wonder why he couldn't/didn't make AFL.

Tennant is playing a lot like Nolan was a few years ago

Fridge I reckon it was closer to 30!

It's Fridy arvo and I was just starting to get a bit excited at the prospects of an awesome game of Local Footy coming up between the Panthers & Mont.

As I knocked off the top of my first weekend Frothy I took a look at this weeks Umpiring appointments, and ARGHHHHHHHHHHH.

24/7 ELTHAM V MONTMORENCY > D BLOM D AGNEW GEORGE SMITH

Now I take it they are running 3 field umps this week which isn't a bad thing right??

Blom & Aggers are alright but I am sure hoping the ol prick with his name fully spelt out isn't going to ruin another game of footy like he did last week. I would much prefer he was listed as the 3rd emergency ump or better still, listed for 3rd Divvy!

Let's just hope the other two umps don't let George "Circus Freak" Smith screw over either or both sides and that they all let the game flow the way it ought to.

Now, back to the Frothies :)

It's Fridy arvo and I was just starting to get a bit excited at the prospects of an awesome game of Local Footy coming up between the Panthers & Mont.

As I knocked off the top of my first weekend Frothy I took a look at this weeks Umpiring appointments, and ARGHHHHHHHHHHH.

24/7 ELTHAM V MONTMORENCY > D BLOM D AGNEW GEORGE SMITH

Now I take it they are running 3 field umps this week which isn't a bad thing right??

Blom & Aggers are alright but I am sure hoping the ol prick with his name fully spelt out isn't going to ruin another game of footy like he did last week. I would much prefer he was listed as the 3rd emergency ump or better still, listed for 3rd Divvy!

Let's just hope the other two umps don't let George "Circus Freak" Smith screw over either or both sides and that they all let the game flow the way it ought to.

Now, back to the Frothies :)

And lets hope the nice fella does not own a computer or the Panther are stuffed tomorrow......

1 more beer Kissass and time for a lie down old fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J&B, just returned from being down at Panther Soc;

And whilst I couldn't find any takers for your bet of 5 hunj, there was a resounding request from all and sundry, to remind Monty to bring down the Ken Hines Shield to tommorrows game.

Apparently you blokes don't like to part with the old shield even when you get smashed by 10 like earlier this season :eek:

J&B, just returned from being down at Panther Soc;

And whilst I couldn't find any takers for your bet of 5 hunj, there was a resounding request from all and sundry, to remind Monty to bring down the Ken Hines Shield to tommorrows game.

Apparently you blokes don't like to part with the old shield even when you get smashed by 10 like earlier this season :eek:

Dont fear KA down at rooms tonight for 3 quickies (had a dinner engagement) and new Pres this year asked what The KH shield was. Promptly located it in the inner sanctum room upstairs and said Pres has it on board. Apols for earlier in year should not have happened but sometimes it does. Hope there are plenty of maroons ready and cold for tomorrow (oops today)
icon12.gif

Dont fear KA down at rooms tonight for 3 quickies (had a dinner engagement) and new Pres this year asked what The KH shield was. Promptly located it in the inner sanctum room upstairs and said Pres has it on board. Apols for earlier in year should not have happened but sometimes it does. Hope there are plenty of maroons ready and cold for tomorrow (oops today)
icon12.gif

Thanks Mate,

I knew if I left the light on until late in the night (or early morning) I'd attract the M.O.T.H.:D

There'll be plenty of cold ones ready for today And there will also be plenty of Ladies for you to have a Mick 'n' Merv at , as we have a sold out Pink Panther function in the prelude to the game.

There is something for everyone down at the Panther :thumbsu:

I would like to apologise to all attending the game at Panther Place today.

I am picking Jordo up from the airport now........Sydney have released him for the day.

Again Sorry for what is about to happen.

I would like to apologise to all attending the game at Panther Place today.

I am picking Jordo up from the airport now........Sydney have released him for the day.

Again Sorry for what is about to happen.

No Appology will ever make up for the pain Jordo will inflict.

Keep him away from the Pink Pussy. Opps I meant Pink panther!

Fair call.

A Bad second qrtr where Mont kicked 8 goals to eltham's 2 cost us dearly. Good crowd and good Late. just a fair result.

Will hopefully make amends in finals.

got outplayed for a pretty good part of the contest, came up 10 short. me thinks Haysey got more out of today than he was letting on

Bulls good. However, thought it unwise to leave certain Heidelberg players unmanned at numerous times during the game.

So Limbach kicks 7 and gets BOG. Eltham get-away to a good start and then rest on their laurels do they? The General would be filthy! Are they going to stand-up and be counted or p#$s in the wind? Or are we going to continue to blame the umpires?

p.s

Dear umpires,

Given the wet conditions/slow grounds can ya let the boys play. I'd be grateful if you'd refrain from stopping play and allow them to clear the ball. At least a tad longer than 2 seconds would suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back